White Mildew On Soil

• Thread starter Matu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matu

Matu

Hi Guys,

NOOB warning ahead, I tried researching the above with no luck.

First outdoor grow here, been feeding the babies every +-3 days with RO water, seaweed and a touch on natural molasses.
It is been 10 days from seed now and I have noticed "tiny white hairs" on my soil, I assume a type of soil mildew?

Is this something to be concerned about? or is my microbiology on the soil good?

Thanks!!

My babies below:
774745_critical-autoroyal-queen-seedscritical.jpg

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

all i see is perlite in the 2 in cups and coco in the one in the tray,might just be my bad eyes,mycelium looks like white hair or like a fluffy cloud,real light,at first sign it can look like a spider web starting,as it grows it fluff up,a indicator your soil is very much alive,a good thing

Perception

Perception

I agree - I can't see what you are referencing in the photos, as they are blurry. But it might be cobweb mold/fungi. If it's white, you are probably ok, and I wouldn't worry too much. But if you really want to get rid of it, a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water works. Just spray the top of the soil lightly with a mister bottle, while trying to avoid hitting the plant. You could also use 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water if you want to try something more mild.

But again, I don't think you need to worry about it if it's white. Green, orange, black, red... etc... are usually bad colors meaning bad mold or bacteria growth.

Matu

Matu

all i see is perlite in the 2 in cups and coco in the one in the tray,might just be my bad eyes,mycelium looks like white hair or like a fluffy cloud,real light,at first sign it can look like a spider web starting,as it grows it fluff up,a indicator your soil is very much alive,a good thing

This is it, fluffy white hairs! glad nothing to be alarmed with!
Thanks!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

This is it, fluffy white hairs! glad nothing to be alarmed with!
Thanks!
when i build my soil from beginning from scratch,i add a little oat meal on top and let it grow the mycelium were i got life while it cooks for 3 months,before i use the soil i throw a few beans and tomato seeds on the pile,if they come up nice ,then i use my mix of soil,if they act slow and sad i let it cook another month,i also do this with my compost piles i use

Top Bottom