White or clear greenhouse film? Stealth?

• Thread starter nandoveli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nandoveli

So, I'm new to the greenhouse set up. I usually do outdoor regular. So this time I have it all set up and I am wondering what is the best film for a greenhouse? For reference i live in Bakersfield, California. The sun is always scorching hot here! So there is never a shortage of sun/heat here. What film color? Pros and Cons? What brand? I need something that isn't see through so the neighbors cant see. and links and/or brand suggestions and color would be very appreciated!

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
White is the best for white flowering plants . Od .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site regards Od.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So, I'm new to the greenhouse set up. I usually do outdoor regular. So this time I have it all set up and I am wondering what is the best film for a greenhouse? For reference i live in Bakersfield, California. The sun is always scorching hot here! So there is never a shortage of sun/heat here. What film color? Pros and Cons? What brand? I need something that isn't see through so the neighbors cant see. and links and/or brand suggestions and color would be very appreciated!
What are you doing about air intake/outflow? Any thoughts on keeping the temps down? Misters + Exhaust Fans can work, but when you are in bud... not so good. But if you are outdoors, then the temps should be dropping a bit to livable when it's time for the blooms to happen anyway. Misters + Moving air = Temp Reduction. Are you growing in soil or water? Hot climate? I'd probably build a cheap NFT with PVC and a central 55 gal res. They are easy to put together. If soil temp gets too hot, then you are going to be dealing with root issues. And as far as neighbors who don't mind their own business? Fuck 'em. Throw down a 2 ft wide raised garden bed. Dig down a foot (will be a pain in the ass). Toss some pond liner or landscape fabric at the bottom so the bamboo can't creep. That stuff will get to 20 feet lol :) Plant it thick. Get your growth shoot FIMing practice down on them to make them bush on the sides. And as they grow up? Privacy screen. Fact is that when you have a greenhouse and the sun lights it up, that unmistakable ganja leaf profile is going to show through. Another way around that is to use SOG and defoliation. So many fucking options... :) But Rule #1 - Whether you are in a legal grow State or not... don't tell your freaking MOTHER (or anyone else) what you are up to. Straight up it causes issues from the "friends" who think it's cool to smoke your "free" weed because you didn't "pay" for it to some dipshit that thinks they want to grab your stash. And then you'll have the "enterprising" dickweed who is going to want to set you both up in business. "Hey man... you grow... I'll sell and we'll split it." Great fucking deal. Not. There are two women and 1 man in 'real life' who know I grow. My wife. And 2 grow buddies I swap seeds and clones with. We're all old and have known each other for a couple of decades.

Top Bottom