White spots on top of leaves

• Thread starter wildman21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wildman21

wildman21

Hello,
Today I discovered a few white spots on my leaves. Can you tell me what these are?
1st off, I did have knats and added beneficial nematodes and sticky strips. Knats are gone.
2nd, I installed a new LED light earlier in the week and determined the light was too close to the plants, because plants became very droopy, so I moved it higher higher and plants are not droopy now.
3rd, I looked closely and do not see any evidence of spider mites unless these spots are caused from them and I'm either not seeing with microscope or they are gone.
This is an indoor grow in grow tent, Mars Hydro LED light and Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil in fabric pot's. Veg state. Thanks

White spots on top of leaves
White spots on top of leaves 2
White spots on top of leaves 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
either dust from perlite,
bugs pests,
a form of leaf septoria?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah think its just dust or something that fell when changing the light.

wildman21

wildman21

I should have said, in regards to something falling when I installed the light. This is a new tent and the plants were not in it when I installed the light. They were in it when I raised the light. Also, I have 1 white widow and 1 northern lights and this is on each plant. heres's another pic i took through jewelers loop using my phone. It does not wipe off as if it was a particle that fell on the plant. Other pics do not show as ring, but as solid spot.

20201227 191558
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I should have said, in regards to something falling when I installed the light. This is a new tent and the plants were not in it when I installed the light. They were in it when I raised the light. Also, I have 1 white widow and 1 northern lights and this is on each plant. heres's another pic i took through jewelers loop using my phone. It does not wipe off as if it was a particle that fell on the plant. Other pics do not show as ring, but as solid spot.
Looks like some trich formation.

wildman21

wildman21

I do not see this on lower leaves, but you may be right. This is my 1st grow.
Someone said Trich formation? I hope thats it. Plants been in veg 2 10 weeks.
I will monitor one leaf to see if spots enlarge.

wildman21

wildman21

FYI, this was caused by hard water in ultrasonic humidifier causing mineral dust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom