White Widow Auto - month 2 from seed

• Thread starter EarthlingEyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EarthlingEyes

EarthlingEyes

First time grower here. I’m trying a basic dwc system with a 17 gallon tote. I’m using an 8 inch nanobubbler from carefree with a basic pump, I keep the water’s ph at 5.8 religiously and closely monitor the ph, ppms, temp, etc. As for lights, I’m using a dedicated-air cooled 600 watt HID light (MH for veg and HPS for bloom) ~ 18-20 inches from the canopy. The humidity is around 50% all the time, and until I installed a better ventilation system before preflower, the temp was between 75-85 deg F (a few days it hit 90 and that’s when I fixed it using using two-sided door louvers as a cool air intake into the grow closet (coming from our AC cooled room), and warm air being pulled out of the grow closet into the garage through a 250 cfm ventilation fan. New temps are between 72-77 with 50% humidity. After they started developing I began using a sample pack of Mendocino Grow at 1/2 strength until pre flower then I switched to the sample pack of Mendocino Bloom also at 1/2 strength. After the sample pack ran out (2 weeks lol) I ordered General Hydroponics micro, grow, and bloom and have been using ever since. I started out using way too much nutrients, completely my fault, I rushed and messed up the conversions. When I checked her for the next few days there were yellowing fan leaves that were spreading, even on new leaves. I freaked out. After I realized what I did, I gave her straight pH’d water (no nutes) for a few days and then gave her half strength of the correct dosages. It started getting better, the buds were still growing, but 1-2 weeks later the trichome production still seems small and I can’t tell if they’re still clear or milky, yet 35% of the pistils are turning orange. The smell of the buds aren’t that strong but it’s sticky. The fan leaves are now (month 2 from seed) turning yellow and brown, almost like a severe potassium deficiency or something. The yellowing is definitely over 60% of the plant. If I had to guess I would say there’s about an ounce or two, What this is my first time and I never experienced a curing process and how much they shrink down as they lose water. Kinda disappointing because i had high expectations and maybe too much confidence. I wanted 10-15 oz off this plant after I saw how big it got during veg.
Anyway, I am torn because I need to leave for three days and I don’t want to come back to a dead plant or all brown pistils—I like the cerebral high. Is this a nutrient or environmental problem or am I overthinking this and really all is well. hopefully i added everything that maybe some seasoned pros could help me out. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

White widow auto   month 2 from seed
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 2
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 3
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 4
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 5
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 6
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 7
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 8
White widow auto   month 2 from seed 9

Latest posts

Top Bottom