White Widow (Dutch Passion) and GG grow - BobHasBurgers

• Thread starter BobHasBurgers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

The drama continues with BobHasBurgers falling in love with buds off a little White Widow runt. Turned out the little runt produced the least amount of bud but MOST POTENT of all my last grow! Got the WW beans delivered and off we go!

This photo journal follows my first and second grows. I initially started and finished with just one Grand Daddy Purple. Clones from that mother plant led me into my second grow with twice as much harvest at 7 ounces. No clones followed that second grow. A month later we're up and running with White Widow (Dutch Passion) after I sampled my own WW grow which was a small plant among the GDP. I kept it going as she wasn't taking up too much room and the effects blew me away. Still does when I smoke a pinch. STONED! With fingers glued while trimming, I knew this was special. Decided on new seed bank this time and Herbies delivered stealth package of seeds. Very aggressive growth. My root riot plugs had roots coming out the bottom within 2 days of planting germinated seeds. A couple of them need to be transplanted to party cups today! I'll be gradually moving these up to 3, 5, and 7 gal. pots. I intend to take clones off these plants for a second and final run.

I'll be sticking with WW for the rest of the year as this smokes like a cup of nirvana. It has all the qualities I could hope for in a good smoke.

Stay tuned with more to follow.

White widow dutch passion and gg grow   bobhasburgers
White widow dutch passion and gg grow   bobhasburgers 2
White widow dutch passion and gg grow   bobhasburgers 3

I

IamN2pot

I remember when Arjan introduced WW and his GreenHouse Seeds line in the mid 90's. I was growing NL5xHaze for him at the time in Amsterdam. You really should get something special from those WW genetics.
N2

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Love it when I learn new things on these boards. Thank You Iamn2pot, just looked up GreenHouse Seeds and bookmarked the site because I love what I see! Will be ordering from this bank as well! Back in the early 90s I was enlisted in the Army and quite far removed from anything cannabis related. I wouldn't of been able to track down a plant to save my life. Only recently (October 2021) I was just getting started and by November stood in the presence of our beloved plant. Until then, I had never had the opportunity to be near one. Thank You again for the recommendation!

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

@Treecutter - From the pics, glad you didn't toss that one out too! From that little White Widow I got a smoke superior to those I grew out successfully. As of this writing, I have 4 WW seedlings in a dome. Gonna do this one! And we're gonna do it till the end of the year! Probably a little beyond! Haha...

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

100% germination for Herbies seeds.
3 - White Widow
2 - GG#4

The bigger plant in netting is a lone GG that I had growing right before last plant was chopped. She kept growing and I just installed netting. She'll have this 2x2x6 to herself.

IMG 1876
IMG 1878
nts were

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

White Widow babies coming along nicely and being transplanted into their 1 Gal. pots this weekend. This lone GG in her own tent filled in a little by this Friday morning. Did some branch tucking here and there. Ya'll have a great weekend! :)

IMG 1903

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

GG girl over a week later and putzin' along. The White Widows are growing quite compact. Smell heavenly. I intend to SCROG but will need longer branches. During this third grow, I've kept no grow log as I did on first two runs. Not at all feeling overly confident as much as knowing what I truly can/should do and equally healthy dose of staying out of her way. I've also backed way off on watering. I check them individually and feel for weight. I also cut nutrients way back. I needed a break from the obsessive note taking and verifying online. So I'm frickin' taking it easy on this one. Still executing all the basic requirements of each stage, I'm trying to observe and listen to what the plants are asking of me. An overall approach that is interesting most days. I just had a 14mm bowl of Mimosa and stoned. Bedtime here. Pics follow. Enjoy.

IMG 2244
IMG 2348
IMG 2349
IMG 2350

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Thank You for your input Jimmie! Great to hear others having good experience with the strain.

I

IamN2pot

So I'm frickin' taking it easy on this one. Still executing all the basic requirements of each stage, I'm trying to observe and listen to what the plants are asking of me.
You've learned the greatest lessons of growing cannabis, relax and listen to the plants. It's gonna be your best grow yet. 😁 👍 ☮️

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

White Widow coming along just fine. Weaved them into net 3 days ago. Just letting it grow. On this third grow I've reduced nutrients by half as well as no water until plants tell me they're ready for it! I was too helpful and eager the first two grows when it came to abundantly available fresh water and bottled nutrients. No more hovering over the plants other than one daily check in. These Herbies seeds (White Widow Dutch Passion and GG) have done very well! Also have a few rooting clones from current plants in veg. Learned that lesson on second grow when I finished the plant and had nothing ready and even had to order seeds! Life got a bit busy and I was quietly overwhelmed with these beautiful plants while dealing with other moving parts of life. But I was determined to have my steak and cake and eat the damn things too! Coming along nicely considering...

IMG 2797
IMG 2796

Below are clones from above plants.

IMG 2798

I

IamN2pot

Also have a few rooting clones from current plants in veg. Learned that lesson on second grow.......
LOL, timing is everything in a continous grow. And with your new attitude about "hovering", I'm thinking BobHasBurgers has grown into BobHasLearned... alot!
Keep growing, it can become a life long love affair that only get better with time and experiance!

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

I'll flip the WW to flower in a week or so. Was just thinking and revisiting the hot topic of 24,48, or 36 hr. dark period before flipping to flower. While some say they noticed no difference, others won't make a move without it claiming bigger and better yield. I want to figure out where I stand on this matter. I did 48 hr darkness on first grow before flipping to flower. The second grow I did 24 hrs of darkness then flipped to flower. This third grow I will do the same.

What are you all doing about that? Do you shut off lights for 24 or more hrs then flip to flower 12/12? Do you unzip tent and holler at plants that your switching gears to 12/12 or do nothing at all?

I

IamN2pot

Do you unzip tent and holler at plants that your switching gears to 12/12...?
ROFL!!!! ....no, but I think you're on to something.....I'll try that in a couple weeks when I flip my Wedding Cake grow 🙃 and post my results.
For the record, mine don't get any additional darkness on the flip to 12/12 (or before harvesting). I understand the objective desired with the extended dark period to 'kick off' flowering, but as with everything, as Isaac Newton said "and to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction". Is there is a good study on the subject using control groups of clones? A test standard control with a straight 12/12 switch, another control group with the 24 hr darkness stress and a 3rd group with the 48 hr darkness stress. Anyone got any of that sort of testing info on the elongated dark period at the beginning of the bloom cycle?
My problem with it is this, how much growth am I losing during the elongated darkness, how much stress and what is the recovery time from that additional stress and loss of growth? It might just work, but I need to see the theory tested before I switch.
I hope others have more solid info on it..

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

Bout time we had some tent drama. Can someone tell me WTF!!!!! Uh, excuuuuuse me?!? I looked into tent this evening and one of the plants is doing what's in pictures below. It's the only plant doing this as the others remain normal - like I saw them yesterday! The others look normal and have normal colors as well.

TempImagehi10yw
TempImageFv99WI
TempImagesKHWDm
TempImageScytxm
I

IamN2pot

Are those lower/bottom plant leaves?
Never mind, I can see in the picture, it's already into the middle leaves. Unless you're to wet, and I doubt that, my first go to is to perform 1st aid by flushing out whatever is causing that. It looks to me to ne a nute lock that's moving it's way up and already yellowed the tops of the nearest/lower plant in the picture.

Last edited:
BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

ROFL!!!! ....no, but I think you're on to something.....I'll try that in a couple weeks when I flip my Wedding Cake grow 🙃 and post my results.
For the record, mine don't get any additional darkness on the flip to 12/12 (or before harvesting). I understand the objective desired with the extended dark period to 'kick off' flowering, but as with everything, as Isaac Newton said "and to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction".

Great seeing ya again IamN2pot! I just realized that I've come across seemingly learned and convincing pro arguments but not one controlled study that I've come across. Such a controlled study would be a cinch. I mean there's endless reams of these arguments for doing it but haven't seen a study or even consensus on whether it should be 24, 48, or 36 hours. I know that GT over the Welcome To The Grow Tent doesn't do it at all after conducting his own tests at home. He just didn't see any bigger yield no matter what period of darkness he used. And finally, I did do a period of darkness on my first and second grow but what experience and basis for comparison did I really have to be sold on the idea. I think I'm leaning toward no period of darkness so far.

BobHasBurgers

BobHasBurgers

It's been suggested that we're looking at a Copper deficiency. I checked my runoff PPMs and it was off the charts. Very surprising as I held back on nutes and even cut everything in half. I checked again to make sure my pH meter was calibrated and it was too high! This can apparently be caused by improper pH on water or runoff which reduces availability of Copper to the plant. I did an emergency flush for the first time.

Here's the Columbo moment folks. Here it comes as he scratches his head turns back around before showing himself to the door asking: "One more thing Sir, did you mention being up late one night mixing nutes, and on one of the pitchers of water, you forgot to pH"....

Turns out my city water pH can soar above 10 pH and vary wildly depending on nutes added.

Top Bottom