White Widow. first grow! Flower is in full swing!

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

hey all, so my very first grow is finally winding down, i made it to day 37 of flower with minimal issues lol. and my girls are really starting to reward me for my efforts. they are white widow , which I ordered from crop king seeds. however i have recently heard a few unfavorable things about them ripping off other peoples genetics and such,.. for my next grow i have already ordered some shishkaberry from barneys farm on true north seed bank which came with a free white widow fem from canuk seeds, interested to do a side by side with that seed and my one remaining widow bean from crop king... anyways i suppose i will get on with the pictures, im a pretty proud dad lately lol. i cant wait to see how much more weight these girls are gonna put on,, i hear they can really bulk up at the end.. just picked up a carbo supplement ( honey chome) from emerald harvest.. hope it helps out a bit in the last few weeks. please let me know what you all think :)
20190819_191908.jpg
20190819_191823.jpg
20190819_191817.jpg
20190819_191749.jpg
20190819_191710.jpg
20190819_191432.jpg
20190819_191349.jpg
20190819_191335.jpg

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Good looking flowers
Thanks man! Getting fatter by the day ! Cant believe theres still 20 days or so left according to the stated flower times for widow.., but I am just curious what the go to method is that I should use to determine when they are ripe enough to harvest , it has to do with the color of the trichomes correct? What is the ratio of clear/milky/amber?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Great work! Flowers look beautiful.

One tip though. Dont go by breeders flower times. Have lots of patience. They are done when they are done.

Seriously expect at least a week or two past quote.

When the white pistils have died back and the flowers have fully expanded and stopped growing is when to look for as close to 100% cloudy trichomes as possible. When you start seeing a lot of amber/ brown and dented, degrading trichs then its getting too long.

Plenty of disappointed growers that cut early but never hear growers complaining they went too long. Patience equals potency.

Really fantastic first grow. :-)

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

okay I most certainly will not then im fine with waiting ! that is precisely the advice i was looking for . I will continue to be patient , that seems to be the name of the game . I do not want to be one of the people complaining about cutting early. its been a long road to get here and i dont wanna make that mistake and have it affect my first harvest ! i will stick to what you said! i want them to develop to their absolute fullest ! what magnification is required to get a good look at the trichs ?

Thanks alot for the vote of confidence man ! i appreciate it. its been such a pleasurable experience for me watching them grow, and develop and getting to know this wonderful plant i have come to love so much over the years.. ive always been so intrigued by growing its awesome finally having the means.. i have another bushy widow in a veg tent already showing pre flowers tats going to get the 4x4 and all the lights to herself soon, really excited to see what i can pull off one big plant.. this one has not been topped and is a natural BUSH cant wait to see her in flower. ive learned 3 plants , atleast bushy ones like these vegged for any amount of time seems to be too much for a 4x4, hard for me to manage they are really crowding each other.. anywho

thanks again for the advice!

Cheers!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Stunning grow. Absolutely incredible for your first, hats off. Also really surprised to see that performance from CC seeds. Scratching my head honestly.

Ive gotta ask how you did it? What are they growing in? What are you feeding them?

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Stunning grow. Absolutely incredible for your first, hats off. Also really surprised to see that performance from CC seeds. Scratching my head honestly.

Ive gotta ask how you did it? What are they growing in? What are you feeding them?
Thanks alot man , I appreciate it. I have put alot of TLC into these ladies.

And yeah about crop king, i just kind of jumped onto the first seed bank i found without doing too much digging.. but it seems as though the general consensus on them is negative as i have come to learn.. would you care to fill me in on a bit of detail in regards to them ? all i have really heard is that they are just a re seller basically and just sell other peoples genetics under their own name and label. these particular beans sure seem to be winners though... the 4 i have attempted to germinate sprouted very quickly. and just took off.. they are so naturally bushy it is awesome. literally no training seems to be required to get a beautiful canopy. the one i have in veg was not topped. and i am very pleased with the result.

As for how i did it haha... I grew them in some pro mix HP, and i have been feeding them emerald harvests 3 part lineup .. i know there is alot of scrutiny on some of these nutrient companies that have big lineups and probably some unnecessary bottles trying to fleece suckers like myself.. but i was not really aware at the time when i decided on a nutrient.. i have been reading recently on here about alot of you using a one part base nutrient the whole time essentially and not varying the ratios too much along with a few additives like epsom salts etc.. but this stuff really does seem to work well, and their dosing schedule seems to be well thought out at least as far as my rookie ass can tell anyways haha... im not sure if i will continue to use them or not as it is fairly pricey to maintain the whole lineup. i really need to get more educated about precisely what it is the cannabis plants need and when so that way i can better dissect the ingredient labels and ratios on these nutrient lineups and know what is needed and what is not.. what are you all finding success with ? id love to experiment with something else and perhaps even a side by side.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

oh.. they also started under viparspectra LED which do an absolutely amazing job in veg... but i quickly learned that it would probably be somewhat inadequate overall as the spectrum is primarily blue.. and they are blurples as opposed to full spectrum white. so i ordered up 2 x 250 W quantum boards from alibaba as they are considerably more economical than the alternative.. one in 3000k and one in 4000k both with added 660nm.. they are deff legit samsung lm301b's. the plants blew up as soon as they got under them,.. and the proof seems to be in the pudding now that they are flowering as well! for my next purchase however i want some QB96's elite v2's from HLG. those things are wild.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

heres the lineup i used.. 7 friggen bottles.. they even have a couple other ones..sturdy stalk which is a potassium silicate supplement,, and root wizard , which is dubbed a massive root builder and only calls for two applications. would cost a fortune for all of them haha.. i kind of feel like i got fleeced on a couple of these.. i recently read someone saying how most bloom boosters are not necessary and a waste of money essentially, and some even went as far as to say toxic. can someone knowledgeable on the subject pleas have a look at these labels and tell me if its shit or not haha. and perhaps recommend a more simple alternative ?

bud shot just cause she looks pretty in natural light haha.. this is my smallest.. she sprouted 2 days later. still doin big things lol.
20190822 173243
20190822 220235
20190822 220324
20190822 221150

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Was thinking that white widow looks familiar. I got some european bred bulk seeds from a breeder friend a couple years back. The white widow looked just like that.

i bet crop king uses a similar company.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

yeah that is probably the case.. wherever they got them from i like it haha.. wish i had cloned my # 1 gal tho.. oh well i will take cuttings from the on in veg, its a nice specimen as well!

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

im interested to see the side by side between the crop king mystery beans and the canuk seeds widow i have on the way..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks alot man , I appreciate it. I have put alot of TLC into these ladies.

And yeah about crop king, i just kind of jumped onto the first seed bank i found without doing too much digging.. but it seems as though the general consensus on them is negative as i have come to learn.. would you care to fill me in on a bit of detail in regards to them ? all i have really heard is that they are just a re seller basically and just sell other peoples genetics under their own name and label. these particular beans sure seem to be winners though... the 4 i have attempted to germinate sprouted very quickly. and just took off.. they are so naturally bushy it is awesome. literally no training seems to be required to get a beautiful canopy. the one i have in veg was not topped. and i am very pleased with the result.

As for how i did it haha... I grew them in some pro mix HP, and i have been feeding them emerald harvests 3 part lineup .. i know there is alot of scrutiny on some of these nutrient companies that have big lineups and probably some unnecessary bottles trying to fleece suckers like myself.. but i was not really aware at the time when i decided on a nutrient.. i have been reading recently on here about alot of you using a one part base nutrient the whole time essentially and not varying the ratios too much along with a few additives like epsom salts etc.. but this stuff really does seem to work well, and their dosing schedule seems to be well thought out at least as far as my rookie ass can tell anyways haha... im not sure if i will continue to use them or not as it is fairly pricey to maintain the whole lineup. i really need to get more educated about precisely what it is the cannabis plants need and when so that way i can better dissect the ingredient labels and ratios on these nutrient lineups and know what is needed and what is not.. what are you all finding success with ? id love to experiment with something else and perhaps even a side by side.

Not really much to say about crop king, other than I know people who know the owner and he literally started out selling garbage genetics branded as popular strains. But I've seen a handful of decent grows with their genetics in the past year or so.. who knows. They're also known to sell Credit card numbers to foreign scammers.

Either way, looks like they're happy as hell.

420baby

420baby

hey all, so my very first grow is finally winding down, i made it to day 37 of flower with minimal issues lol. and my girls are really starting to reward me for my efforts. they are white widow , which I ordered from crop king seeds. however i have recently heard a few unfavorable things about them ripping off other peoples genetics and such,.. for my next grow i have already ordered some shishkaberry from barneys farm on true north seed bank which came with a free white widow fem from canuk seeds, interested to do a side by side with that seed and my one remaining widow bean from crop king... anyways i suppose i will get on with the pictures, im a pretty proud dad lately lol. i cant wait to see how much more weight these girls are gonna put on,, i hear they can really bulk up at the end.. just picked up a carbo supplement ( honey chome) from emerald harvest.. hope it helps out a bit in the last few weeks. please let me know what you all think :) View attachment 889331View attachment 889330View attachment 889329View attachment 889328View attachment 889327View attachment 889326View attachment 889325View attachment 889324
wow, frosting a lot. looks pretty beautiful. which strain it is? and light?

Latest posts

Top Bottom