White Widow. first grow! Flower is in full swing!

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I don't want harsh smoke and residual chems..and I also dont wanna let her go too long.. what have I done lol.. i was not attentive enough to her needs.. now look at the mess in in lol

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Perhaps I'll just stick with water only this time as I feel time is running out and they are over fed already. But the general consensus from alot of people these days seems to be feeeing low ppm right up until harvest correct ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Perhaps I'll just stick with water only this time as I feel time is running out and they are over fed already. But the general consensus from alot of people these days seems to be feeeing low ppm right up until harvest correct ?

Just use water only man. Those plants dont need food, they are lush and green AF. Just use plain water each watering for a week or two till they're done. They dont look to be anywhere near overripe so no need to worry about that, just give them plain water and keep an eye on the plant overall, not just the trichs.
Honestly looks like they still have a couple weeks.

You're almost there, dont panic. And I definitely would not feed them anything but water till chop time.

Last edited:
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Just use water only man. Those plants dont need food, they are lush and green AF. Just use plain water each watering for a week or two till they're done. They dont look to be anywhere near overripe so no need to worry about that, just give them plain water and keep an eye on the plant overall, not just the trichs.

You're almost there, dont panic. And definitely dont feed them anything but water.
Okay Haha, thanks for the reassurance man, I really needed it lol.. panic mode had set in a bit for sure Haha! Water only it is.. I can't believe the end is so near haha ! First harvest almost in the books !

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

And a couple weeks still eh ?? Really? Okay. I will wait it out.. I just got all excited when I started to see amber trichs. But if you dont think they're mature enough yet, I certainly trust your word. Will continue to monitor them, and post pics.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Amber trichs can be decieving on their own because they pop up in some places on buds long before the plant is ripe.

Indicators I look for are withered stigmas with swollen calyxs, you still have a lot of stigmas that are full and white. I also look for trichome stalks bending over, some will look like they're collapsing under the weight of the resin head. At that stage most or all of the trichs will be milky white. You can sort of tell when the buds stop glistening in the light and take on a somewhat dull appearance, that is the resin maturing. If it's still sparkly and glistening that's caused by transparent trichs that havent reached maturity yet.

When both those things occur you're in the harvest window, but again you want to arrive in that window with at least some fade to the leaves. You dont want to harvest a plant with all dark green foliage, it will not burn well.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Agreed, always better to go a little long rather than chop early. Once you're in the harvest window you've usually got a week or two to chop before things start to really degrade.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I have tried White Widow, seen many but sir, you have just encouraged me to let my first attempt be at growing it. If I get anything half as beautiful as those girls, I'll be dancing behind that altar. In words of that great American " Wowweeee thums purty" Gomer Pyle of course 😲😜.💯💯

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Amber trichs can be decieving on their own because they pop up in some places on buds long before the plant is ripe.

Indicators I look for are withered stigmas with swollen calyxs, you still have a lot of stigmas that are full and white. I also look for trichome stalks bending over, some will look like they're collapsing under the weight of the resin head. At that stage most or all of the trichs will be milky white. You can sort of tell when the buds stop glistening in the light and take on a somewhat dull appearance, that is the resin maturing. If it's still sparkly and glistening that's caused by transparent trichs that havent reached maturity yet.

When both those things occur you're in the harvest window, but again you want to arrive in that window with at least some fade to the leaves. You dont want to harvest a plant with all dark green foliage, it will not burn well.
That information could not possibly be more helpful lol, thank you ! So the wait continues... pretty relieved knowing I will have ample time for a proper flush ! Also not disappointed knowing my buds are gonna get fatter and better :) I'm not overly pleased with their girth Haha.. some are not as dense as I would like either..

Here's a few pics from the garden this morning. My girl in veg is starting to develope a decent looking canopy after some LST, pruning , and essentially forcing some of the smaller flimsier branches up and into the light/canopy using some wire. Im really excited to get this thing into the flowering tent and under some real light.. expecting big things from this girl ! She's gonna have alot of room to work with in the tent alone.
20190830 163934
20190830 164553
20190901 130825
20190901 130833
20190901 130927
20190901 131009
20190901 131559
20190901 131641
20190901 131837
20190901 131901
20190901 131934
20190901 132011

20190901 132026
20190901 132150
20190901 132320
20190901 132344
20190901 133439
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I have tried White Widow, seen many but sir, you have just encouraged me to let my first attempt be at growing it. If I get anything half as beautiful as those girls, I'll be dancing behind that altar. In words of that great American " Wowweeee thums purty" Gomer Pyle of course 😲😜.💯💯
hahaah ! man its always been a personal fave of mine,, absolutely love her effect! and its been an absolute pleasure to grow! great for a first timer! i think after i run my shiskaberry and two other widow beans, i will order the canuk puk white label from canuk seeds.. it features, 3 white rhino fem, 3 white widow fem, 3 white banner fem, and some widow auto seeds.. seems suiting considering my love of the white widow line..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That information could not possibly be more helpful lol, thank you ! So the wait continues... pretty relieved knowing I will have ample time for a proper flush ! Also not disappointed knowing my buds are gonna get fatter and better :) I'm not overly pleased with their girth Haha.. some are not as dense as I would like either..

Here's a few pics from the garden this morning. My girl in veg is starting to develope a decent looking canopy after some LST, pruning , and essentially forcing some of the smaller flimsier branches up and into the light/canopy using some wire. Im really excited to get this thing into the flowering tent and under some real light.. expecting big things from this girl ! She's gonna have alot of room to work with in the tent alone.View attachment 892587View attachment 892588View attachment 892589View attachment 892590View attachment 892591View attachment 892592View attachment 892593View attachment 892594View attachment 892595View attachment 892596View attachment 892597View attachment 892598

Those look fantastic bud, theyre going to finish out very nicely. But yeah, looking at those pics I'd guess about 2 more weeks before they're ready for picking. Honestly could go slightly longer.. But right now is pretty much exactly the point I'd switch to water only feeding to let it use up what's left in the soil for the last 2 weeks. A lot of old school growers I know go as long as 3 weeks water only in soil/soiless at the end. Be patient, and when you think they're ready, give them a couple more days. Honestly, new growers are far too trigger happy wrt harvest and chop early, dont be that guy. You'll be happy you waited, and you'll be disappointed if you cut early, they shrink more and dont taste as good or have as refined or long lasting of an effect. And smokers in the know will know you jumped the gun. We will know lol...

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

That's great to know. I have been trying to find seeds from a reputable company. Problem is that it is always hard to tell especially for someone so wet behind the ears on the matter.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Is thier such a thing as an organic grow medium and nutrients for indoors or what would you all reccomend?

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Holyyyy fuck..... so after the light fiasco yesterday I go into my tent to water the girls, and this one cola I had noticed a dead leaf on a few days ago raised my suspicion more than usual.. I said why the fuck is a bud leaf on my main cola dying when the rest of the plant is fine... so i go in for a closer look... the bud itself is discolored so I start to try and pull it away from the stem a bit, and boom she snaps, and inside is white mycelium :'(... I freaked out, got on Google and as soon as I saw the words take the whole branch I snipped the whole dam thing right off.... later in my reading after the panic had subsided I read that you can probably just go 4 inches below the affected bud and make the cut there.. oh well, it is what it is now Haha.. I took one of the biggest branches off the biggest girl early cause of the mould. Took it out of the room, removed and the affected bud on the branch and hung it to dry.. I need to stop making decisions in the heat of the moment lol...what do you all think ..? I didint even get a picture cause I just went Into demolition mode Haha, my mentality was save the rest of the crop , fuxk that one branch lol... it was deff bud rot though.. I can't see how.. perhaps the recent temp swings, or the dehumidifier kicking off because it was full ?? Fml.. I think the rest of the crop is fine.. but this still sucks Haha..

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Sold to Padrepuff in the corner. I feel like I'm at a an auction. Seriously you're giving me pearls. What soil do you use. MIMed told me he uses Oceanforest and nutes but. Blackgold was another he said.. Since I'm standing in the shadow's of giants just trying to get best tips for first grow.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Sold to Padrepuff in the corner. I feel like I'm at a an auction. Seriously you're giving me pearls. What soil do you use. MIMed told me he uses Oceanforest and nutes but. Blackgold was another he said.. Since I'm standing in the shadow's of giants just trying to get best tips for first grow.
Hahaha, hey bro. Uhmmm I'm using some good old pro mix hp with a bit of added perlite.. it is what's considered an inert growing medium as it contains no nutritional value for the plants. That is added by the grower so you have total control over the concentration of nutrients... alot of people use it and have for a long time. It is tried and true.. I will continue to use it after this grow for sure... why would I switch. The roots LOVE this stuff. It also contains a beneficial fungus which forms a symbiotic relationship with the cells in the roots and allows for greater nutrient uptake for the plant. I have heard great things about ocean forest by fox farm as well as black gold. But I have no experience with it.. just the pro mix.. the only thing I think I may differ is potentially trying a few different amendments in the promix like some people do.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Keep lurking around these forums and you'll be a giant in no time.. I have been lurking for a while and learn so much every day Haha! Theres alot of people who know their shit on here, and are very willing to share their knowledge! So soak it up indeed

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Hahaha, hey bro. Uhmmm I'm using some good old pro mix hp with a bit of added perlite.. it is what's considered an inert growing medium as it contains no nutritional value for the plants. That is added by the grower so you have total control over the concentration of nutrients... alot of people use it and have for a long time. It is tried and true.. I will continue to use it after this grow for sure... why would I switch. The roots LOVE this stuff. It also contains a beneficial fungus which forms a symbiotic relationship with the cells in the roots and allows for greater nutrient uptake for the plant. I have heard great things about ocean forest by fox farm as well as black gold. But I have no experience with it.. just the pro mix.. the only thing I think I may differ is potentially trying a few different amendments in the promix like some people do.

What nutrients did you use if I might pick your brain a bit more

Latest posts

Top Bottom