White Widow Grow 2022 Re-Boot: The Clone Wars

• Thread starter dirtyoldman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

So what pheno gets chosen to be perpetuated and who gets clipped in my second grow of 2022? The contest is on as I prep these nice White Widow clones for the big tent. If you followed my last grow you'll remember my disappointment that 5 of my 9 plants from feminized seeds threw male flowers. Four of them really, really freaked out. But I had my clones labeled, and the clones from the freaks were culled from the herd. These look great, they've already been nuted a couple times and are going nuts. They're overdue for transplanting and I've been procrastinating. I've had lower back problems lately and I didn't look forward to hefting a 60-lb bale of potting soil out of the trunk of my car. It's still in there. One thing that is nice is finally finding a source for bales of Pro-Mix that I can tap for in-store pick-up year long. That was a problem before. Everybody wants to sell you that Miracle Gro crap that already has the fertilizer in it. And I was tired of getting ripped off on Amazon and having the cost bloated by shipping. I like to buy bales. If I couldn't locate a source to avoid paying $150 a bale I was going to switch to coco-noir. I snatched up a bale for $58 including tax. Big difference. Even had them load it for me.

These clones are going to be topped and transplanted tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to try to finish nine in the tent no matter how crowded it gets in there. I think 9 in 5-gallon pots is perfect for a big, quick harvest. People doing just a couple plants in a big tent are taking a long veg time. I don't want to do that. I'm not doing Bonsai here. I want the quickness. I want a full canopy this time corner to corner. I've got like 20 gallons of Pro-Mix in a partial bag and just have to get over my lazy streak and get this job done. The tent needs vaccumed, also. And I'm disconnecting the other room from the ventilation. I discovered this 4 x 4 tent is all I need. It will produce a lot. Two flowering rooms is overkill. I was bummed by the freaks seeding out my plants. Some buds are not packed with them. Some are. Not all the plants got heavily seeded. But after harvesting at 8 weeks and getting them down below 60% humidity I got 12 ounces of frosty bud. One plant yielded over 3 ounces of cured bud. That's a personal record for me for one plant indoors. It's so strong it practically knocks me out. This is definitely better than melatonin for sleeplessness. Absolutely puts me in a daze and day time smoking can interfere with getting things done. I find myself just staring at shit or wandering around as the clock spins. I'll look at the clock and wonder "How did that happen?" Somebody from the hood who sampled my product said the same thing without my mentioning my experience vaping this stuff. The clock melts. You lose complete track of time. One of the good ones that did not throw male flowers or nanners produced these extremely red buds. You can see a seed poking out of the bud. I'm going to watch this reddish phenotype in the next class of clones. White widow? More like "Red Widow."

White widow grow 2022 re boot the clone wars

White widow grow 2022 re boot the clone wars 2

White widow grow 2022 re boot the clone wars 3

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

For anyone following the clone grow my apologies for the lag between posts. I had a problem with the White Widow clones. Almost certainly caused by me. I kept them in a holding pattern too long, didn't give them enough nutrients and this caused a disease to set in. But resilient as cannabis is, I was able to get them pumped back up with nutrients and I applied Neem. And removed a lot of affected leaves. Which the plants promptly replaced with vigorous new growth. And now it looks like I'm cruising toward a fine harvest. The plants are looking so good now I can start to think about that 2-ounce average yield again. I might be cruising toward my finest harvest since I've lived here. No hermie signs and taking clones may have cured that problem. I should have a completely seedless harvest again and I haven't had that in almost two years. Nine plants WAS perfect for this room. Two of these have now reached 36 inches from the base of the plant to the top. Most will probably reach the 3 foot mark. Topping these clones produced a desirable shape. And they were pruned down below as shown. I won't be taking clones from these because of the previous outbreak. I'm growing some Autos next. Seeds from Europe. I wil probably do three White Widow XXL and six Blue Cheese and that will finish before Christmas. I will be able to give a sampler of two types of cannabis for Xmas gifts. And I'll be looking for a new cultivar. I want to breed my own seed bank. Doesn't have to be a big variety. But I wish to adopt a new pattern of growing. I'm going away from feminized seeds. Too damned many hermaphrodite genes are in the gene pool from everybody and their brother doing it for 30 years. I'm sick of seeing seeds and unstable breeds for 12 years. I will go to growing basic, established breeds from clones grown from regular seeds. And try to find elite mothers along the way. There's some times a far superior plant in a room and that's the one you want to clone. In my opinion, feminized seeds suck. I can't speak about Autos. This will be my first Auto grow. The seeds are from Europe, they say that's better than all these bastard exotic North American hybrids. So be it. Roll the dice and keep the magnifying glass handy. Nine Autos in 5 gallon pots. I'm going to top them twice. Bada Bing.

IMG 9199

IMG 9200
IMG 9201
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

There must be a time limit on edits. Wanted to include that these clones are in their 19th day of flowering. The mother plants finished at 8 weeks. I expected 9, but they were done.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

An update. Pruned leaves and some bottom growth. More leaves showing some type of disease with black edges and spots. I removed them. But I'm not discouraged because when I remove leaves with spots the plants just replace them with growth of new ones. There is a rose bush with Black Spot only about 30 feet outside the window that is the portal for ventilation. It also has powdery mildew and I keep it at bay with fungicides. It might have a third disease now, I forget the name, Chrysalis or something like that. Yellows the veins. I think it's time to tear that thing out because what I see on my plants looks a lot like Black spot. I think I sucked spores into my tent. And infected not these. But the mothers from which they came. Because I was using unfiltered ventilation from outside in the Spring on their mothers. I think the clones were already infected. But as Crocodile Dundee would say, "No worries, mate." Black spot is much less serious than powdery mildew and kills much more slowly. I'm quite happy with the big swell on the buds in this tent. They're finishing early. Getting frosty early. "Clones are better." Every time. This tent is going to produce well.

There was a phenotype cloned that produced a larger than ordinary amount of really red buds the last time and the clones from this plant are showing that red trait surprising early in the room. At only 20 days of flowering some buds showing clear redness. Early for that. A sign of something nice to come. More of those colorful red buds! And that pot from those really red buds is so delightfully strong and leaves such a powerful, perfumey, spicey odor in the room when exhaled. You can tell from that odor alone that you just imbibed some very special and potent cannabis. It is more potent and aromatic than buds from the other White Widows in the last project. The aroma is intense. Spicey dankness. I will stop growing White Widow soon but not quite yet. Three or so Autos and then I'm moving on. And the last project from feminized seeds (autos) coming up. Then I'm done with feminized. I just want to use up the seeds I already bought.

Last edited:
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Lots of pruning this time and the WW's are kicking butt at one day short of 6 weeks of flowering. Planned on going 8 weeks. I'm going to need a couple more half gallon mason jars. Already bought 60 gram humidity control packets and new micro hydrometers. Any opinions on whether I should take these at 7 weeks? I have a decent power hand microscope around here some place but it's hard to use. I never got a good one. Some authorities say 60 days for WW, others say 9 weeks. There's no way these need another three weeks of flowering. Clones seem to finish one week early. An old measure of thumb before people looked at the trichomes was about half of the pistils being red. These are almost there right now. It's all seedless, sinsemilla, nothing male appeared, no seed development anywhere. What a score!

IMG 9208
IMG 9205
IMG 9212
IMG 9206

IMG 9213
Last edited:
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Lights off pic. Pleased to have a room of potent weed. 42 days of flowering. They're going to swell some more. Big stoney harvest almost in my grasp. Done with White Widow for now but I'll probably come back to it eventually. It cloned well. And with results like this, who could complain?

IMG 9214

Latest posts

Top Bottom