White Widow grow flowering into week 8 questions

• Thread starter dakotajazz2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dakotajazz2

Hello all this is actually my first post.

This is my second year growing, and second year growing White Widow ( along with godfather og ). I Must say I may have beginners luck because overall, my grows have been amazing. This grow has been near perfect - until maybe week 4 or flower.

first challenge was a little powdery mildew. Boy it is hard to irradicate but I think I may have with some Lost cost plant therapy. That is not why I am posting however.

So. I started flushing my plants 2 weeks ago as my best guess. It will be the 8 week mark tomorrow. I think this was spot on for 3 of my plants but ONE of the white widows has been the beast plant. And she for whatever reason, I think I mis-timed this by at least week. For flushing I used just a tiny bit of a flush solution twice. let some water run off once and simply only gave straight water. The buds are big and look great I think overall. Insane red hairs but lower white crystals than the others I just think because she is taking longer.

The issue is she has been yellowing, curling, and I just removed 2 handfuls of crunchy leaves. I will attach a pic.

Again, being new to this just educating best I can. I gave her a very small shot of nutes to limp through what I think might be another week or 2 of maturing. Last year on my first grow I only flushed for maybe a week and everything came out amazing.

Shouldn't be light burn by the way these should be plenty away from LEDs ( I have 2 spiderfarmers going ). The pic is before i removed some bad leaves.

Anyway, welcome any opinions if I did anything wrong, or what to do from here or just chill and let it ride.
White widow grow flowering into week 8 questions

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Hello all this is actually my first post.

This is my second year growing, and second year growing White Widow ( along with godfather og ). I Must say I may have beginners luck because overall, my grows have been amazing. This grow has been near perfect - until maybe week 4 or flower.

first challenge was a little powdery mildew. Boy it is hard to irradicate but I think I may have with some Lost cost plant therapy. That is not why I am posting however.

So. I started flushing my plants 2 weeks ago as my best guess. It will be the 8 week mark tomorrow. I think this was spot on for 3 of my plants but ONE of the white widows has been the beast plant. And she for whatever reason, I think I mis-timed this by at least week. For flushing I used just a tiny bit of a flush solution twice. let some water run off once and simply only gave straight water. The buds are big and look great I think overall. Insane red hairs but lower white crystals than the others I just think because she is taking longer.

The issue is she has been yellowing, curling, and I just removed 2 handfuls of crunchy leaves. I will attach a pic.

Again, being new to this just educating best I can. I gave her a very small shot of nutes to limp through what I think might be another week or 2 of maturing. Last year on my first grow I only flushed for maybe a week and everything came out amazing.

Shouldn't be light burn by the way these should be plenty away from LEDs ( I have 2 spiderfarmers going ). The pic is before i removed some bad leaves.

Anyway, welcome any opinions if I did anything wrong, or what to do from here or just chill and let it ride. View attachment 1280691
You should buy a jewelers loop so you can view the trichomes. This will allow you to better judge when the plant is ready for harvest. As for the flush I believe it to be more of bro science than anything. I will tapper off my nutrients towards the end of flower but no major flushing.

D

dakotajazz2

You should buy a jewelers loop so you can view the trichomes. This will allow you to better judge when the plant is ready for harvest. As for the flush I believe it to be more of bro science than anything. I will tapper off my nutrients towards the end of flower but no major flushing.
Thanks. Yes I do have a Jewlers loop and checking. Just.....it is my bad for not realizing they were too clear to be 2 weeks off. And I think theres no way around this other than getting the 2nd grow under my belt,. I will know better next time. And the one plant being different than the other 3 threw me off. She simply is maturing MUCH slower.
So since my post i gave a small nutrient boost. I think it helped. And I am seeing the buds tighten and the crystals advancing so, think im ok - just a close call and got to wait another week or 2.

The other 3 plants are almost game time. I will be pulling them by end of week.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Thanks. Yes I do have a Jewlers loop and checking. Just.....it is my bad for not realizing they were too clear to be 2 weeks off. And I think theres no way around this other than getting the 2nd grow under my belt,. I will know better next time. And the one plant being different than the other 3 threw me off. She simply is maturing MUCH slower.
So since my post i gave a small nutrient boost. I think it helped. And I am seeing the buds tighten and the crystals advancing so, think im ok - just a close call and got to wait another week or 2.

The other 3 plants are almost game time. I will be pulling them by end of week.
Good to hear, every grow you will get better and better.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

How many watts your leds pulling and how close they are? Its look kinda some light too close because mid flowers looks nice green. Mobile nutrient defiency starts bottom and going top but not sure what it could be. 🙂

G

greenrussel

Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but if it's just the fan leaves yellowing, this is a sign of the "final push" of the plant. It's essentially cannibalising the fan leaves to push every last bit of energy into the flowers. It's quite a common occurrence when flushing towards the end of the grow.

Don't panic, it's just telling you it's nearly ready.

Latest posts

Top Bottom