White Widow PH keeps drifting down

• Thread starter BabyYodaBubba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BabyYodaBubba

BabyYodaBubba

I ended up at 398 on the PPMs.

My air pump and stone are Uniclife. Which I think is way too big. Box says 10-100 gallon aquarium. I did read about the acid rain effect with having too much CO2 pumped into the water. It has two outlets and I ended up disconnecting one hose and have been running just one now. At one point I thought it was causing my PH to drift down.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Serious props to you man. 100% on the ball.

Pro-Tek is a popular silica.

In the mean time you can take your RO water and add ph up (I'm assuming it's derived from potassium bicarbonate?) And add 75-100ppm then add nutrients and ph down after if you have to.

What is your source of ph down? I recommend straight phosphoric acid food grade and usually can be found at 85%

Hades down is a good one, a bit pricey though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My air pump and stone are Uniclife. Which I think is way too big. Box says 10-100 gallon aquarium. I did read about the acid rain effect with having too much CO2 pumped into the water. It has two outlets and I ended up disconnecting one hose and have been running just one now. At one point I thought it was causing my PH to drift down.
Air can help raise ph if you have to little to begin with. You just want to make sure the top of the entire surface water is rolling or moving. It's the surface agitation that's allows for gas exchange not the the air bubbles themselves contrary to what a lot of people regurgitate. O2 is a very hard gas to dissolve by the time the bubbles reach the surface the amount of o2 absorbed by the water is negligible. So the amount of air bubble means nothing. It's the surface movement that's important.

TheVeryBadSadGrower

TheVeryBadSadGrower

I use this to help me troubleshoot...

dazedX_Xspirit

dazedX_Xspirit

Hey, I was just going through the forum and I am gathering information on ph dips. I was wondering where you found articles on the acid rain effect? Man I have been googling but nothing comes up? Is there a website you would recommend?

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I experience this phenomenon in late flower quite often.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This is actually my first grow ever. Chose the auto because it seemed more easier to manage. It’s been a fun experience so far. I’m looking forward to my first harvest. And my next grow.
Again I really appreciate the help!
I started with an auto too. It sounds easier.. Keyword auto lol.. But honestly it's not. Just sticking with photos and a 12/12 is easy. I swear my auto required 12/12 to flower. Had I forced it, it was taking its sweet time, almost 3 moth veg.. But it was stressed. Idk.. I just dont see myself ever doing another auto lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom