Whitexclouds first journal...

• Thread starter whitexcloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Usually about 60 days flowering suggested by seed companies but people often go longer especially with sativas. I took a plant down today after 6 weeks that looked like it was starting to make seeds.

Oh thats not too bad.

It's still early days here. couple of months to go.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

What kind of advice would you guys give RE: thinning the undergrowth.

I had kept it quite tight before flip but now its gone crazy! I know my light won't penetrate to the bottom that well, but im afraid if i start trimming that i will stunt the budding process

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

So the other day I fucked up, was on a bit of a bender and got back to bone dry soil and extremely wilted plants.

Quickly put a gallon of water in each pot and they started perking up after a few hours, it was a very close call.

4th week 2nd day of flower.

Any tips or advice? Still seeking help on the undergrowth issue.

F4wk2d 1
F4wk2d 2
F4wk2d 3
F4wk2d 4
F4wk2d 5
F4wk2d 6
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

The first lot of photos were taken approximately a week ago whereas the last 4 where taken just before harvest.

I pulled approximately 2400-2500gms wet.

Hopefully will be 600g + dry.

That would mean 21oz over the grow at approx 1.25gpw. Not bad for a first time LED'er

The colas on this grow have been insane, never have anything like this before. Switched on 7/11 and pulled on 9/10
Strain is supposedly white widow.

Apologies as my new camera is shit.

Also, all my seedlings died. they successfully germinated but im pretty sure i overwatered them :'(

IMG 20200902 063103
IMG 20200902 063109 1
IMG 20200902 063119 2
IMG 20200902 063130 1
IMG 20200902 063139 2
IMG 20200902 063052 1
IMG 20200910 101359 1
IMG 20200910 101404 2
IMG 20200910 101410 2
IMG 20200910 101416 2
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

So guys, I ended up with 24 ounces of 480w. Absolutely, positively my BEST GROW EVER, dispite using a strain I was not familiar with (white widow, even though I have grown white rhino with mixed results)

I couldn't get an exact g weight due to the fact that I needed to use my medicine as soon as it was available.

at 672g/24oz I would dear say it works out to be 1.4g/w on my FIRST LED EVER!!! I am never going back..

and to everyone who says this and that about those "cheap Chinese lights" they can stick it where the sun don't shine. ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS EXPERIENCE WITH KINGBRITE.

- disclaimer, being my 4th? indoor grow and using techniques that I hadn't previously used such as ScrOG and also allowing a longer veg time I don't know if my numbers match up to what the standard is. In future though I will veg for less once I understand what I'm doing. I will also work on better LST'ing the plants as well as flipping a bit earlier as I wasn't happy with how close my babies ended up to the lights. (inefficient use of lights and some bleaching later)

Questions anyone? Also any Tips would be appreciated for next grow.

Current grow was 5x15 litre pots but next grow I will use 4x15 litre autopots and see what magic I can do.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Looks good but those plants had a lot more time to go, would have definitely put on more weight if you let them. If you are going to grow them that tall you really should trim off more of the lower of branches and keep up with removing dead leaves. Also, if you just harvested last thursday they aren't likely dry enough to make very good medicine let alone give an accurate weight and usually gpw or g/w represents the dry and trimmed weight of the buds without stems or fan leaves.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Looks good but those plants had a lot more time to go, would have definitely put on more weight if you let them. If you are going to grow them that tall you really should trim off more of the lower of branches and keep up with removing dead leaves. Also, if you just harvested last thursday they aren't likely dry enough to make very good medicine let alone give an accurate weight and usually gpw or g/w represents the dry and trimmed weight of the buds without stems or fan leaves.

The plants were definitely mature, used a loupe to check the Pistils, and they were on time according to the strain flowering time information.

Yeah, as I said, I would have rather had time to do it properly rather than brutalizing the poor things, unfortunately I just did not have that time. Hopefully when I improve the size of my operation I will become in a situation where I am able to able to have enough medicine leftover that I can give it the proper time and attention for drying.

They were trimmed. Admittedly they would probably not be trimmed like a dispensary would have, but they would be very, very close. (lets just say its not legal where I live... yet)

Thanks for your reply, I'm always interested in others opinions and learning how to better myself as a grower!

Top Bottom