Who’s grown wedding cake? Strain and scrog questions.

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

So I’m curious to hear from people that have grown wedding cake. How much stretch did you get after flipping to 12/12? I’m running my first scrog with 6 wedding cake plants. I’m trying to judge when to stop tucking, i flipped on February 15th so only 9 days into flower. I do not want to run a 2nd screen. I plan on removing everything under the screen this weekend and also a pretty heavy defoliation above the screen. I’m super happy with my scrog thus far especially for first try at it. Just not sure when to stop tucking.
Whos grown wedding cake strain and scrog questions
Whos grown wedding cake strain and scrog questions 4
Whos grown wedding cake strain and scrog questions 2
Whos grown wedding cake strain and scrog questions 3

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

i wouldn't remove the sog, and if anything just raise it while the plants stretch. Defoliate on 21st day of flower
The screen will stay in the whole time, I’m just talking about how I tuck each branch out to the next square in the screen. When to stop tucking to the next square and when to just let grow up.

Anthem

Anthem

So I’m curious to hear from people that have grown wedding cake. How much stretch did you get after flipping to 12/12? I’m running my first scrog with 6 wedding cake plants. I’m trying to judge when to stop tucking, i flipped on February 15th so only 9 days into flower. I do not want to run a 2nd screen. I plan on removing everything under the screen this weekend and also a pretty heavy defoliation above the screen. I’m super happy with my scrog thus far especially for first try at it. Just not sure when to stop tucking. View attachment 1220472View attachment 1220476View attachment 1220473View attachment 1220475
Wedding Cake does not stretch much. If it was my stuff. I would probably raise your netting a couple of inches.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The screen will stay in the whole time, I’m just talking about how I tuck each branch out to the next square in the screen. When to stop tucking to the next square and when to just let grow up.
thats all up to you and how they are growing. If its to packet in a area than let it go through one more square to open each branch up

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Wedding Cake does not stretch much. If it was my stuff. I would probably raise your netting a couple of inches.
Thanks for the info on stretch. Why would you raise the net up?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

thats all up to you and how they are growing. If its to packet in a area than let it go through one more square to open each branch up
Yeah that’s what I’ll do, and I’ll wait till the 21st day to defoliate.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you raise the net so that when harvest comes your net is not at the bottom and than damage the flowers when you are taking it off. Also, when their stretch is done then the net will help to keep the branch straight. kind of acts as a support

Anthem

Anthem

Thanks for the info on stretch. Why would you raise the net up?
I believe that strain has some pretty stiff branching but like I said that is what I would do. If you want to tuck do it before they start stiffening up. Also the way you made that netting is might just be easier to cut the netting and fish the plant out. That is what I have to do. I prefer the 3 1/2" trellis material over the 6"

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I believe that strain has some pretty stiff branching but like I said that is what I would do. If you want to tuck do it before they start stiffening up. Also the way you made that netting is might just be easier to cut the netting and fish the plant out. That is what I have to do. I prefer the 3 1/2" trellis material over the 6"
I have been tucking the whole time to make the plant grow horizontally before they get stiff. Everything I tuck is still soft. As for the net I do plan to just cut the string when harvest time. Figured that would be the easiest, I also thought about just flipping the entire screen upside down and letting them dry them cutting the string.

Reactions: PK1
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Tucking is stress, which is slowed growth. During veg it's fine, yet once you see your first pistils you need to stop stressing the plant. Once the bud production begins, do not do anything to the plant that will cause slowed growth. It's usually about 8 days after I transplant in my flower room is when I stop. Aqua told me this

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Tucking is stress, which is slowed growth. During veg it's fine, yet once you see your first pistils you need to stop stressing the plant. Once the bud production begins, do not do anything to the plant that will cause slowed growth. It's usually about 8 days after I transplant in my flower room is when I stop. Aqua told me this
Thank you man this is the answer to my question. I will stop doing any more tucking. I guess I never thought of it as a form of stress but it most definitely is.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Here is some @Dirtbag wedding cake for you. Have fun

20220130 192458
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thank you man this is the answer to my question. I will stop doing any more tucking. I guess I never thought of it as a form of stress but it most definitely is.
Stop tucking! I can already tell you that you will need a trellis net. I trellis when the bud hits nine inches tall. The pic that I use for my profile is Redbeards Wedding Cake. It had some size to it. Two of them filled a 5x5

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here is some @Dirtbag wedding cake for you. Have fun
Close, It has Wedding cake in it, but its wedding crasher.

Top Bottom