Who All Here Blows Glass?

• Thread starter Snoopdog6502
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snoopdog6502

Im coming up on 3 years in September.

I make a few hand pipes, a rare bubbler now and then. I make more money on pendants and marbles so I make a lot more of those.

This is my baby a GTT Mirage, I also have 10 other torches but this is my best one.
Misspiggy1

I made these sherlocs about a year ago. Im thinking of getting back into making pipes again.

Locks1

Smerb

Smerb

I make a few hand pipes, a rare bubbler now and then. I make more money on pendants and marbles so I make a lot more of those.

This is my baby a GTT Mirage, I also have 10 other torches but this is my best one.
View attachment 694970

I made these sherlocs about a year ago. Im thinking of getting back into making pipes again.

View attachment 694971
A bud of mine is a champs winner. He's allowed me a little focking around with the glass, blobs. Make more. You can get so into it you may sell some pieces online for thousands. Go for it!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Always wanted to since I had a friend as a teen that blew glass, it always fascinated me, especially when he would use metals to change the glass color.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I make a couple bucks on my work, I dont push at all. Its more for fun as its such a challenge.

Its educational, everything is a lesson and it takes time for sure.
I like your style.... looks great. I like working with my hands... i bet i would burn the shit out of myself more than once.

Smerb

Smerb

was he the guy at 420 fest blowing glass?
My bud was at a Champs glass games in vegas. A year ago. He built a piece that fit on a rc car and they drove into each other. It was kinda funny, spend time and then bust it. Some people cringed as pieces were breaking.

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

View attachment 694970

View attachment 694971

Pretty sweet looking torch and some mighty fine looking Sherlocks :) I finally just got into the glass world myself and hope someday I can make something that is anywhere near as nice. I'm starting small for the moment with beads and bracelets. Small round things that don't take too much effort, but allow me to learn how to work with glass...and see if I might actually have what it takes to truly blow someday hahaha...
20170410 124313

20170403 074937

S

Snoopdog6502

Pretty sweet looking torch and some mighty fine looking Sherlocks :) I finally just got into the glass world myself and hope someday I can make something that is anywhere near as nice. I'm starting small for the moment with beads and bracelets. Small round things that don't take too much effort, but allow me to learn how to work with glass...and see if I might actually have what it takes to truly blow someday hahaha...
View attachment 695729
View attachment 695730

Oh man, I respect the humble hot head torch and soft glass bead artist. I think everyone who want to start should grab a propane torch and soft glass rods and just play around. Beads are fun. Every bead iv made and shown to someone has sold.

I like your style.... looks great. I like working with my hands... i bet i would burn the shit out of myself more than once.

After it gets you a few time you do get lots of small burns and fewer big burns. I like to take a couple tokes but being a light smoker I cant dab and torch, I have to wait an hour after I dab.

Now Smerb has the big boy torch, those Carlyle CC+ will get with the program. Not much mid range with that big torch. Sometimes I take off the mirage and put the Phantom back on, Damn mirage is overkill for most of my work.
I like flowers, to grow, to smoke and to make in glass for the ladies. Flowers have been very good to me. :)

Flower1
Pendant12517c
ViVi

ViVi

I started up a few months ago.. its def. fun! made me appreciate any quality piece a lot more seeing how much work it takes to do things right..

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

I love being on the torch, although my work doesn't usually require the full ability of the Delta Elite I use. It is a monster when melting a vac stack together. Made the lined tubing and this pipe just last week. Flower marbles are hella fun and time consuming. I make mini flower marbles and put them on dabbers. Blow glass and good grass folks.

20161119 083845
20161119 083825
20150313 090504
Top Bottom