Who Are The Top Breeders As Of Today?

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Further, anyone who wants to be a breeder can just buy a bunch of seeds, smoke a bowl and come up with some names and marketing bullshit, and 'poof' you're a breeder.
I’m beginning to suspect most breeders are just fairly sh*t growers and the strains we have come to enjoy, happy accidents.. this is coming from a guy who’s ‘bred’ a few “wicked crosses” by not catching males before they get juuuust a wee bit mature. I’m a pro at this... wait! Am I an expert breeder/shit grower!? $$$$$$$$ 🤪 haha sorry to any breeders that aren’t shit growers whom I’ve offended. I didn’t mean you.. I was talking about that other guy there... hehe

FTCG

FTCG

I bought some Banana Jack OG from Subcool's, 2/10 germinated.

Nirvana, bought about 10 packs, literally 1 seed germinated (Master Kush), all the others had black mold after 24 hours in a paper towel.

Turdburglar is a great seed c.... wait a minute WHAT THE?!?!?!

Anyways, regardless of genetics, or how they were obtained, if the breeding program produces top notch germination rates, well, it is service that is needed.

I've spend a small fortune on seeds in the last 10 years, over 50-100 different companies and what has stuck out for me has been Sin City Seeds, Humbolt Seed Organization, Ken's Grand Daddy Purp and maybe a few others.

With these companies I can buy a single pack, and know that I will get high germination rates. The rest is up to me.

I remember buying literally 30 packs of Rare Dankness, and maybe got 10 seeds to pop. That was a terrible experience and really put me off from buying seeds for a few years.

It's true, anyone can slap some strains and names together, market and be a "breeder", but the true breeders with passion and who put all their efforts into providing a great product, geared towards customer sastisfaction, and providing a superior product. I will never hate on that, as I am out tens of thousands to breeders who give 2 ****'s.

I think this thread will benefit from some pics.

20190510 195932

Here is some Dream N' Sour, from Sin City Seeds. They are at least a few years old and gave me perfect 15/15 germination. Sour Jack is one of my all time favorite strains as well, quick flowering sativa dominant plant, which smells of lemon candy and chocolate, sometimes a bit more berry, but gives amazing yeilds and super high potency. I can't wait to see the outcome of the 15 different plants I got for $130.

Worth!

I'd also like to point out, that if seeds are placed in the market, and have low germination rates... Well it's obvious the company knows about it, have they not tested their genetics? And if they have such low germ rates, why did they release them? It's super easy to wait run a crop to fruition and collect seeds and sift out the bad. Took me a couple hours to sift through 2000-3000 seeds and pick out the 750 tiger striped seeds for storage. The under developed seeds I simply flushed down the toilet.

The companies with bad seeds, know they are of low quality. So there is a lot of people getting screwed deliberately. I feel sick thinking about it because I am one of them.

Government rules allow me only handful of weaker genetics, I couldn't even buy seeds from them if I wanted to. I rely on good, trustworthy breeders who put significant effort and thought into their strains and customer satisfaction.

Thank you to all the breeders who think of others.

Last edited:
FTCG

FTCG

Sour Jack comes from Karma Genetics, one of my all time favs.

Top Dawg is almost impossible for me to get a hold of. I did manage to get a LemonAid OG x Tre Stardawg.

I would go to Bodhi for all of his hashplant crosses. Nobody ever has hashplant these days.

Respectable choices.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I meant breeders not seedbanks
If a breeder you wish to buy from ships to the states and is willing to sell you beans that's good, if only banks sell the strain you want to buy at least use a reputable one.

R

ReyDLaMota

I am assuming you're looking for what is trending at the moment. Strains like Wedding Cake, many OG crosses and a bunch of the sweet smelling stuff. I have had good experiences purchasing from the Cali Connection. They have a section called The Gold line where they have a cross of GG4 and Wedding Cake, Gelato 33 X gelato 45 etc...

snoplow20

snoplow20

Bodhi seeds
Thunderfudge
Exotic genetix
Seed junky genetics
Cannarado
Csi Humboldt/pirates of the emerald triangle
Pisces genetics
Loompa farms
There's many many more good breeders.these are just some of the better known ones that I rate .
So far everything i have grown from bodhi has been fire. Wookie Orgasm and Raspberry Sunshine were both exceptional.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is it me or do us Canadians get ripped off when it comes to genetics. Between the US and the UK we really don't get much to compare. If if wrong please correct me and point me in the right direction. Legalization made things even worse here since now they are taking a pretty hard stance on seeds and where they come from. A lot of suppliers just stopped

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’m beginning to suspect most breeders are just fairly sh*t growers and the strains we have come to enjoy, happy accidents.. this is coming from a guy who’s ‘bred’ a few “wicked crosses” by not catching males before they get juuuust a wee bit mature. I’m a pro at this... wait! Am I an expert breeder/shit grower!? $$$$$$$$ 🤪 haha sorry to any breeders that aren’t shit growers whom I’ve offended. I didn’t mean you.. I was talking about that other guy there... hehe
I’ve got a shit load of happy accidents. Now I probably never have to buy a seed or a clone again.

Last edited:
Wolfe

Wolfe

It’s hard to say who’s the best anymore with so many breeders.
Who’s got the most reliable and best strains? I hear a lot about bodhi on here. I don’t know though. Sin city is for sure dank. I think exotic has” the future” strain that tested around 38%thc. I have no idea really though. I’m running my own crosses and I’m running some stuff from breeders.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Further, anyone who wants to be a breeder can just buy a bunch of seeds, smoke a bowl and come up with some names and marketing bullshit, and 'poof' you're a breeder.
It doesn’t really seem that easy. Poof you’re a breeder. I’m happy making seeds just for myself. I’ve created some pretty uniform stuff for myself over the years. And it’s still germinating after 5 years. Pretty much rivaling everything I’ve bought from “breeders”. It seems pretty damn sketchy to start any kind of business that is federally illegal.

roach

roach

If a breeder you wish to buy from ships to the states and is willing to sell you beans that's good, if only banks sell the strain you want to buy at least use a reputable one.

Been buying seeds for 20+ years, I think I know 😉

But calling cali connection a good breeder is just wrong, that guy has no clue and barely qualifies as a pollen chucker

Gene Banks

Gene Banks

Most of these seed houses carry seed stock from "breeders" using a lot of the currently (last few years) trendy strains doing P1 crosses or will base there line around a strong male and stud him out to those trendy pistillate cultivars. You wont find too many that actually have a vision of what they want to create and arrive at it or very close to it. The only way to do that is to have a strong grasp of inheritance and to become intimately familiar with the pool they have and that can take a few years; longer if strictly outdoor breeding is done for acclimatization to certain appellations. There are a few that do. Take a look at Speakeasy and Artizen Seed banks they have both kinds but it's up to you to research who is what. Nothing wrong with a lot of selections from Sensi or Dutch Passion either IMO.

SeedBandit

SeedBandit

I got alot of shit in the works, I have 3 reasons why I will always continue to breed, Love, Passion and to be the best.
Next thing I have coming available is dawgberries f2 feminized.

Mother of bad dawg, Thai Kwon Dro, and dawgberries f2 fems.
Screenshot 20190624 222249

And this is the pure blueberry pheno, that I used as the pollen parent.
Screenshot 20190624 222305

Lineage is Dj shorts Blueberry temple Flo cut, and topdawgs Star dawg GPS pheno.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’ve got plenty that’s for sure. I counted 790 in one strain of underground originals killer skunk x tangerine power that I crossed.
I’ve only grown a couple, cloned it, ran it, and it’s been fire. So many possibilities in there it makes my head spin. And I still have stuff from breeders. I’ve had stuff in the yard with two females next to each other.
About 5- 10 seed per plant. I grew one out and the two paired the strangest terps I’ve never tasted before. It was grapegod crossed with blue euphoria. And it was
one funky tasting strain and produced great. I’ve got a lot of stuff in there. My yard has quite a range of terps from lemon to tangerine, blueberry,skunk,chocolate pine, grape,berry, and daAlien( 🤔). I’m wondering the creations that will come from this... I’ve cut about 5 males so far.
About to lose the lemon flavored one. It might be a hermie. I’m almost certain. I have two and they both are doing the same thing. I’m just hoping it reverts or does something.
No full balls yet. But I’ll probably end up hacking those in a day or two. Still will have about 18 out there. Only 2 more in question after that point. The others are showing strong feminine traits. It’s not quite flowering here yet. I call the tangerine power and killer skunk below Skunkerine.

23FB8042 0E2D 431F BB25 10E546F1962C
7E24D0B1 1BCE 4B1C AEB8 E6D3E5A2F1F9
SeedBandit

SeedBandit

I’ve got plenty that’s for sure. I counted 790 in one strain of underground originals killer skunk x tangerine power that I crossed.
I’ve only grown a couple, cloned it, ran it, and it’s been fire. So many possibilities in there it makes my head spin. And I still have stuff from breeders. I’ve had stuff in the yard with two females next to each other.
About 5- 10 seed per plant. I grew one out and the two paired the strangest terps I’ve never tasted before. It was grapegod crossed with blue euphoria. And it was
one funky tasting strain and produced great. I’ve got a lot of stuff in there. My yard has quite a range of terps from lemon to tangerine, blueberry,skunk,chocolate pine, grape,berry, and daAlien( 🤔). I’m wondering the creations that will come from this... I’ve cut about 5 males so far.
About to lose the lemon flavored one. It might be a hermie. I’m almost certain. I have two and they both are doing the same thing. I’m just hoping it reverts or does something.
No full balls yet. But I’ll probably end up hacking those in a day or two. Still will have about 18 out there. Only 2 more in question after that point. The others are showing strong feminine traits. It’s not quite flowering here yet. I call the tangerine power and killer skunk below Skunkerine.
Hell yea nice sounding cross, my Thai Kwon Dro is, Coots the one(76 hippie mafia thai stick,71 afgan) pakistani hp/choclate thai 30 year old ibl, crossed with the mother pictured above
I'll be doing a good test run on them soon very excited! Like you said the possibilities are endless,! Love it.

marski420

marski420

I ended up going with old reliable and went with Bodhi. I've ran multiple strains of his in the past and was always happy at harvest. I snagged a pack of Space Monkey (GG#4 x Wookie) and got a free pack of Space Cake (GSC x Snow Lotus)

I'm 100% sure theres fire in both packs from the grows I've seen, can't wait :)

Top Bottom