Who Are The Top Breeders As Of Today?

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marski420

marski420

Hello kind folks its been a while since I've been around here mostly because I stopped growing a few years ago. I'm looking to help people get started growing but I'm behind the loop on which breeders are the most respected these days. I'm looking for heavy indica strains that produce pungent gassy terpenes. I'd love to hear what you guys think, thanks.

marski420

marski420

Bodhi seeds
Thunderfudge
Exotic genetix
Seed junky genetics
Cannarado
Csi Humboldt/pirates of the emerald triangle
Pisces genetics
Loompa farms
There's many many more good breeders.these are just some of the better known ones that I rate .

Thank you very much. Are there any particular cultivars you like from these breeders?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Thank you very much. Are there any particular cultivars you like from these breeders?
I,v not tried all the breeders I mention but most of em.
Anything from bodhi with the og Nepali cut in the mix particularly a strain called Goji og.goji,s kinda tall though.not too tall but stretches a bit in bloom.very fuelly.totally dank.his Wookie crosses are supposed to be good .
Most of the stuff i,v ran from the other breeders is done in small batches so they don't always keep the same lines going and available but all mentioned breeders are considered top level who produce next level shit.
If your looking for mainly indica and don't mind using fem seeds I would take a look at some of csi Humboldts offerings.maybe some s1 purple urkle or cornbread bubba maybe.

the rrock

the rrock

You cant go wrong with G-Bomb(bomb seeds) I lucked into these but will always keep in stock,these are heavy consistent rock hard solid buds.The best part is taste of blueberry. Ive grown alot of true BB but nothing taste like the gbomb. Great indica stone. Ive been growing for over 40 years and there are alot of good indicas from the old days(hindu kush,,black domina,ect,ect) today its hard to trust any of the new grower/strain hype without testing it firsthand. Social media hype im not into

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Sweet seeds, methesto, Mdanzig, sin city, thug pug, growers choice, bohdi, pie hard, Buddha ect.

roach

roach

Avoid those with 100s of different strains, no one can breed that many new strains and test them, in most cases what you get are 200$ untestet seeds made by either reversing a dispensary bought clone and crossing it with another clone, or some male selected from too few seeds crossed to some clones they bought, its mostly a name game, 90% of all breeders care more about matching popular names instead of looking at what traits will compliment each other.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Avoid those with 100s of different strains, no one can breed that many new strains and test them, in most cases what you get are 200$ untestet seeds made by either reversing a dispensary bought clone and crossing it with another clone, or some male selected from too few seeds crossed to some clones they bought, its mostly a name game, 90% of all breeders care more about matching popular names instead of looking at what traits will compliment each other.

You can't blame breeders for this. They are following what the market dictates. You can spend 4 years selecting and backcrossing a single strain or you can pollen chunk a room full of clones and get the same money. If people aren't buying them they wouldn't be selling them. That's where we are at atm. People are so hung up on the name game that they will drop 200 bucks on shit like this. Hey not to say it won't be a good cross. It's just a gamble. For some that's ok and why these people can do that.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

There is a difference between a bank and a breeder, banks sell the breeders seeds at a markup, most breeders sell there seeds thru banks so you will be overwhelmed at the variety of seeds, auto, fem auto, fast version photoperiod, feminized photoperiod ect, if possible I try to avoid banks and buy directly from the breeder, this is not allways possible, so you may need to find a reputable bank that sells the breeders strains you want to buy, in truth the only American breeder is growers choice as they only sell there own strains and no others, I never used them so I can't say bad or good.

roach

roach

There is a difference between a bank and a breeder, banks sell the breeders seeds at a markup, most breeders sell there seeds thru banks so you will be overwhelmed at the variety of seeds, auto, fem auto, fast version photoperiod, feminized photoperiod ect, if possible I try to avoid banks and buy directly from the breeder, this is not allways possible, so you may need to find a reputable bank that sells the breeders strains you want to buy, in truth the only American breeder is growers choice as they only sell there own strains and no others, I never used them so I can't say bad or good.

I meant breeders not seedbanks

Avalonian

Avalonian

Magic spell from outta space :

- make a tiny list of them
- contact them
- ask for the claimed pedigree, details on selections, and documentation (not pics from the "testers-free-of-charge-publicity", but from the lab).
- choose your poison in taking in count the whole experience and your feelings about it

FTCG

FTCG

I would have to say I am impressed with Sin City Seeds. They offer 15 seeds per pack, and I just got 15/15 Dream & Sours to pop.

I need quality genetics, good germination rates and more seeds.

You can tell which companies are good by the look of their seed.

Tiger striped seeds are fully developed and that what I'm after.

Humboldt Seed Co. is another one where the seeds are always tiger striped, as well as Ken's Grandaddy Purp.

For heavy indicas, go with Jordan of the Islands. They only deal in quick flowering varieties, and their seeds look great, are cheap, and have really good germination rates always.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Nirvana seeds I’ve heard really good things about same with humbolt seeds, I bought some epic seeds and they had a 100 percent sprout rate and they are femininzed so hope this helps

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I know of a guy who’s been putting out some serious fire lately. I almost hate to admit it cause he’s not the easiest to get along with haha. But ya I’m not allowed to talk bout him or I’ll be confined to the farms outhouse.
I’ve been very impressed with lucky13 s works as of late.
But if none of the already recommended breeders will do, I’d recommend this fine breeder in the picture. Only the best from turdburgler😃

66C2B1BD DDBC 4064 8365 CDA4DED53A10
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Within some reasonable definition of "well known, long time breeders", I'm pretty confident that nobody really stands out, and here is why. I like Nirvana Seeds. Have used them for years. If they found that some competitors' strain was kicking their strains ass, they would buy that strain and steal the genetics. They would know how to, they have the skill, and it would cost them next to nothing.

Therefore, we can be confident that good genetics are widespread among competent breeders, which is anyone with a good lengthy rep. Therefore, pick one that has been around and has a reputation, and focus on strain. I have had good luck from Nirvana and MSNL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom