Who Are The Top Breeders As Of Today?

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bluntmassa

bluntmassa

I'd have to say Mr. Nice is still my favorite breeder. Lots of great old school genetics and dirt cheap from the auctions. Best quality and price hands down.

Of course, they don't have any of the newer popular lines, but I'd rather get the clone only going to be crossing Critical Mass, Black Widow and Neville's Haze to my GG#4 clone, no need for the new school breeders really.

I did notice some newer guys like Mean Gene I forget the company but he's actually selling F4's of his strains. Majority are doing nothing better than me, but results are going to be pretty good maybe not as good as the original GG#4 but there's a good chance I will find something I like better than GG#4.

bluntmassa

bluntmassa

Is it me or do us Canadians get ripped off when it comes to genetics. Between the US and the UK we really don't get much to compare. If if wrong please correct me and point me in the right direction. Legalization made things even worse here since now they are taking a pretty hard stance on seeds and where they come from. A lot of suppliers just stopped
I'm sure Canadians are getting some seriously dank cuts, but California just makes the most noise.

I mean really when it comes to indoor a Russian could grow weed just as good as a Californian. Sure they won't have access to the clone onlys but the seed versions do have potential to be better, especially with a little pollen chucking and lots of selection.

I definitely think it's just more to do with the fact that we don't really hear too much about Canada. Also I'm sure Chimera and all have some really nice clones. I don't really know why but people seem to look to California a bit too much. GSC is a low yielding, very herm prone strain clone, it may be dank but is it really that dank?

I've definitely heard GSC is no better than a good OG. Then you have Blue Dream which is nothing more than SSH X Blueberry, I could probably do pretty close if I selected parents from 50+ of each strain then selected the best mom out of 50-100.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Update on this old thread. I’m running my cross in the yard and the seeds smell and perform exactly as they should and follow the guidelines of the stable genetics I was searching for. Tangerine power x tangerine power. Is near identical to original sins city tangerine power but seems to grow bigger and is less prone to herm. The gooey breeders dark desire x tangerine power seeds have identical smell and tric production to the original and are stable. Two of the glues from the yard S1s.
I can’t tell yet about those. The two S1s from Sea Four I can’t tell yet. I have two seeds from gooeybreeder out there that we’re supposed to be pure gooey. Like I said before the last two turned out purple and these are different also. One is huge and tall. The other is short and bushy and flowering early. So I have no idea what I have From gooey breeder. The ATF x skunk from tasty treats seeds one is very tall over 8’ and is late flowering. White nightmare from aficionados of cannabis Colorado. That one is flowing well and is a good size. The chemdog guava creamsicle is late flowing and is a decent size from tasty treat seed. Two separate phenotypes of ogkb 2.0. One super lanky and not a very good structure. The other still a bit lanky but not near as bad and a good bud and plant structure. The blue euphoria S1 is looking nice. Pink pistols starting to form it has stretched bigger than the clones grew. Just a bit excited my seeds turned out like they were supposed to for the most part.

Wolfe

Wolfe

The strains I created competed against breeders like gooeybreeder, twisty treat seeds and others this year in the yard. My gooeytang is soooo good. It’s definitely impressive genetics I’ve got. Pics I posted are Gooeytang, tangerine power 2.0, sweet poison 2.0. Which are my favorites over the breeders for the most part. They for sure can compete with the best strains on they market. All organically produced as well. Gooeybreeders purple mayhem was my favorite from a breeder this year.

AB11CB0D 0C44 45F9 A4AF C1BE14CF6C01
0A98CD5D 0AB0 49B4 A314 C3093C93C55A
D2F4BDDB CF81 485C 85A7 D771EE097A2B
EEF5622C 0521 46F2 B726 868021A6D44F
B

Burned Haze

Bodhi
Greenpoint
Exotic geneix
Sin city
Hazeman

=everything listed above legit breeder and worth it. Why risk your grow on breeders who have unstable males or might not even have legit genetics and just mislabeling them to make more money. I trust all the breeders on here

Last edited by a moderator:
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

@Burned Haze The quote you are using is incredibly awesome and a great reminder to us all. Just sent it to my sister recovering from a life changing 2019. Thank you.

pbog

pbog

Seed Junky
Archive
Exotic Genetixs
Csi Humboldt
Cannarado
Never tried Relentless but plan to get some of their gear

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thug pug
Archive
Sin city
Dragons flame

Most of the pheno hunters I know report excellent result with these breeders.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Dominion Seed Company
Lucky Dog
Swami Organic seeds
Connoisseur Genetics
Bodhi
Dynasty Genetics
Jordygreengenes
Cricketts, and Cicada
Melvanetics
Authentic Genetics
Topdawg
Hazeman
Romulan Genetics

RealYeagerBomb

RealYeagerBomb

I've ran SOOO many strains the last 18 yrs...When I lived in Germany with my brother, out of army working for DOD. I was introduced to the difference in levels of bud/genetics!! Graduated HS 04-05' Rammstein Air force base- we lived on German economy; Just drive on the base to get our American necessities lol Within the last few years i've seen the craze our breeding scene is in, I've had no bad words about below breeders... Everything I've ran from *said list below* has been UNIQUE Cannasuer grade genetics: My opinion obviously...
These aren't in any particular order will save that convo for another day lol.

Jungle boys
Seed junky
Archive
Relentless
In House
Exotic Genetix
Sin City
pHinest
Cannarado
Top DAwg
Cult Classics / Universally seeded : CEMENT SHOES!!! NUFF SAID lol
Skunk VA lucky dog seeds
Symbiotic
clearwater genetics
Tiki Madman
Bloom harry plams
Wy east
Compound
Oni

Ethos doesn't make due to HIGH herm rates; I popped 5 peach crescend0s 2 male/ 3 female! 2 of the fems started hermin crazy b4 i put em in flower- The one lone ranger Peach crescend0 #2 came thru SUPER TUFF!!!!! She can be stinjy to the novice considering my yeild was 4 zips Indoor FFOF 5 gal/ super root container/ Mars Hydro II 900

KabillionBuds

KabillionBuds

I bought some Banana Jack OG from Subcool's, 2/10 germinated.

Nirvana, bought about 10 packs, literally 1 seed germinated (Master Kush), all the others had black mold after 24 hours in a paper towel.

Turdburglar is a great seed c.... wait a minute WHAT THE?!?!?!

Anyways, regardless of genetics, or how they were obtained, if the breeding program produces top notch germination rates, well, it is service that is needed.

I've spend a small fortune on seeds in the last 10 years, over 50-100 different companies and what has stuck out for me has been Sin City Seeds, Humbolt Seed Organization, Ken's Grand Daddy Purp and maybe a few others.

With these companies I can buy a single pack, and know that I will get high germination rates. The rest is up to me.

I remember buying literally 30 packs of Rare Dankness, and maybe got 10 seeds to pop. That was a terrible experience and really put me off from buying seeds for a few years.

It's true, anyone can slap some strains and names together, market and be a "breeder", but the true breeders with passion and who put all their efforts into providing a great product, geared towards customer sastisfaction, and providing a superior product. I will never hate on that, as I am out tens of thousands to breeders who give 2 ****'s.

I think this thread will benefit from some pics.

View attachment 870657

Here is some Dream N' Sour, from Sin City Seeds. They are at least a few years old and gave me perfect 15/15 germination. Sour Jack is one of my all time favorite strains as well, quick flowering sativa dominant plant, which smells of lemon candy and chocolate, sometimes a bit more berry, but gives amazing yeilds and super high potency. I can't wait to see the outcome of the 15 different plants I got for $130.

Worth!

I'd also like to point out, that if seeds are placed in the market, and have low germination rates... Well it's obvious the company knows about it, have they not tested their genetics? And if they have such low germ rates, why did they release them? It's super easy to wait run a crop to fruition and collect seeds and sift out the bad. Took me a couple hours to sift through 2000-3000 seeds and pick out the 750 tiger striped seeds for storage. The under developed seeds I simply flushed down the toilet.

The companies with bad seeds, know they are of low quality. So there is a lot of people getting screwed deliberately. I feel sick thinking about it because I am one of them.

Government rules allow me only handful of weaker genetics, I couldn't even buy seeds from them if I wanted to. I rely on good, trustworthy breeders who put significant effort and thought into their strains and customer satisfaction.

Thank you to all the breeders who think of others.

I hate to say it but from the looks of that pyrex pan you are using, I’d go on a hunch and say you probably had black mold due to lack of cleanliness! I’ve never experienced such horrible germ rates even from completely unknown breeders that let seed banks give away their seeds as freebies! My guess is that you have a lot of mold spores in the area that you germ and that SOME one off strains are highly mould resistant... also if you keep your temps to high, mould will grow just about everywhere with moisture... but forsure if you stick seeds in a dirty ass pan and hope they will go distance, it’s not the breeder at all, it’s you!

I could be wrong, but I don’t think so! (Duh, obviously if I thought I was wrong I wouldn’t have said anything lol 😂)

thanks for the input tho, appreciate it

KabillionBuds

KabillionBuds

I'm sure Canadians are getting some seriously dank cuts, but California just makes the most noise.

I mean really when it comes to indoor a Russian could grow weed just as good as a Californian. Sure they won't have access to the clone onlys but the seed versions do have potential to be better, especially with a little pollen chucking and lots of selection.

I definitely think it's just more to do with the fact that we don't really hear too much about Canada. Also I'm sure Chimera and all have some really nice clones. I don't really know why but people seem to look to California a bit too much. GSC is a low yielding, very herm prone strain clone, it may be dank but is it really that dank?

I've definitely heard GSC is no better than a good OG. Then you have Blue Dream which is nothing more than SSH X Blueberry, I could probably do pretty close if I selected parents from 50+ of each strain then selected the best mom out of 50-100.

Ive ordered from Quebec Cannabis Seeds and their QC Black Gold and Quebec Gold Express got me twisted high! Plus I grew them outdoors in a north climate... like far north! (They sent new some free Blueberry Fast Version seeds and 2 of 2 germinated but the one I put outside couldn’t handle the early spring rains and suffocated... the other one had some really crazy rouge branching that would grow out and then get limp so I don’t have anything good to say about that strain specifically but it was free)

my all time favorite breeder is G13 Labs btw

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

For autoflowers Mdanzig ( if you can find it) Methisto, Sweet, Fast buds, Nirvana, and original, all these breeders with the exeption of Methisto and fast buds sell photoperiod beans in fact if i were to run photoperiod beans i would probably go with Sweet.

johnnymjseed

johnnymjseed

Avoid those with 100s of different strains, no one can breed that many new strains and test them, in most cases what you get are 200$ untestet seeds made by either reversing a dispensary bought clone and crossing it with another clone, or some male selected from too few seeds crossed to some clones they bought, its mostly a name game, 90% of all breeders care more about matching popular names instead of looking at what traits will compliment each other.
This is very helpful. I just finished my first grow and I'm looking at different strains but it's completely overwhelming. I saw some high quality plants from In House Genetics and have been trying to find out about them but can't seem to get a lot of information. They're not as known as the more established breeders - which is not a negative necessarily.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Didn’t see any suggestions for Dutch passion, royal queen or the king of kings Barney’s farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom