Who Are The Top Breeders As Of Today?

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBF

CBF

Supporter
As most all of us know seeds are a crap shoot, takes many to find worth while plants to keep around. Doesn’t mean that there won’t be decent plants that produce good smoke In a offering.

if I were buying seed I would go with the guys that have been working crosses for many years. they have experience, and know what there genetics are going to do in a outcross. For example, Nspecta has been working seed for well over 20 years. If Im Looking for fem seed, he’s the go to guy, been doing it since I can remember.

so many guys from back in the day, Moonshineman(RareDankness), Loran, topdawg, TomHill, NDNguy, Fletcher, and the list goes on. Take your time and do a bit of research. try not to get sucked in on hype.

i Can promise you that a lot of these desert lines of today are good but not much better then anything else. I’ve spent 500, 1k for cuts, out there and I wouldn’t say there a once in a decade plant like Chemdog D, SourD, ArcataTW, Mendo purps, Erkle and so on, plants that have stood the test of time, that continue to impress smokers for decades.

we always want what we don’t have, come to find out you have it sitting right under your nose, it just doesn’t have a fancy name.

shaganja

shaganja

Neville, tom hill, ed rosenthol, reeferman, d.j. short, soma, b.o.g. im missing a few more. Stoner memory.

BDH420

BDH420

Well the "Top Breeder" Would be TopDawgSeeds of course. Lol But seriously hes up there. I love his gear. Mzjill is bringing back some classic TGA cultivars like Cheesequake Mkultra and Jillybean. DNA, Exotic Genetics, Brothers Grim, Jinxproof, to name a few. Check out instagram you can find a lot of breeders there.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I think most of these Bank are to over priced I would love to get some @romulangenetics and will in time but when they do hit the banks poof gone in matter of minutes a lot of times. The seeds I have bought so far I have gotten from breeders on here. I like to see plants that no-one in my area of California has seen or smoked. Love to smoke different strains all the time, I have a box I keep my bought buds in at count now there is about 30 different eighths, one left from strains I did not like from dispensary's in Calis High desert. I don't go to them any more, same with the crazy seed banks. I have some seeds I'll pop soon from AB Normal genetics, and when i got some cash I'll hit up romulangenetics on this forum to see if I can get straight from him. It is all personal preference and mine is to get them cheap if iI can got lots of responsibility's that come before seeds 🥺 So look in the forum and see what the guys on here are doing, most I've seen have beautiful plants and if I can smoke it and makes me sleep I'm in stupid insomnia sux. ONE OF YOU BREEDERS GROW A STRAIN SO STRONG CALL IT KNOCKED THE F OUT PLEASE !! I'll buy tons of seeds from you.

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Wyeast farms, Mass Medical, Exotic Genetics I like for regs or fems

Mephisto, Fastbuds or RocBud I like for autos

Y

Yojimbosatoshi

I think it really depends on what you're looking to grow. Do you like Autos? Mephisto and Night Owl. Do you like hype shit? In House Genetics, Skunk House Genetics, or Capulator. Are you looking for plants that dump hash? Clearwater, Bloom County, and Cannarado.

With medical cannabis having gained a foothold in a lot of places and adult use legalization spreading more quickly than ever, cannabis breeding is undergoing a pretty big evolution. As more and more people are able to play with these plants in their businesses and homes, you're going to see a shift in what's coming to market and becoming popular. Sites like Instagram give smaller breeders the ability to showcase what they're doing and sites like Strainly give them a platform to be able to spread that work around.

I'm a relatively new grower, almost a year into it. The best genetics I've grown, so far, are from a guy I found on a Reddit grow sub and was able to see years and years of his work through Instagram profiles and Reddit. But, that's because he breeds for what I'm looking for: exotic terpene profiles, multicolored flowers, and trich production. I've got a tent full of his stuff right now, not even in flower, that smells like rotten teeth, vomit, and papaya.

So, I think this is a very subjective question and becomes more so as genetics become more readily available to home hobbyists and newly opening professional markets.

shaganja

shaganja

Regenerativeseeds.com
Josh Rutherford, and freinds are creating a seed type that is ready to haul ass! Biological intelligence!

BDH420

BDH420

Regenerativeseeds.com
Josh Rutherford, and freinds are creating a seed type that is ready to haul ass! Biological intelligence!
Thank you very much I have been on a hunt for genetics that preform well in the North East. The cultivar I grew out in 2021 was Texada time warp which grew effortlessly in very harsh weather. No mold no pests. So I have been looking for something more potent then the Texada but with the same mold and peat resisting super powers. I found it. By Dutch Blooms it's called Coke Chimes. Not big on the name but. Shes packed with super genetics I like. She pricy $200 but I think I'll give her a try. I have a few Texada Seeds left but I would love some verity. I have been puffing on nothing but Texada (3 different phenos) since October. I have enough to last me until August next year. But I'm board with her now. So this coming grow season I want to do 3 to 4 different cultivars but all must grow easily in the north east. I prefer hybrid or narrow leaf cultivars but I also understand cultivars like afghan kush finish quick so they so well here in the north. The texada a Durban poison cross seems to go against everything I learned about cannabis. Shes a hybrid but more narrow leaf then anything. But she's very happy and relaxing not like other narrow leaf cultivars. She took a while 13+ weeks 14 on the 3rd pheno. But she looks and taste like indoors. I'm hoping this Coke Chimes
Preforms the same. Here's the Description.
Cocaine Hippos x Lerry Chimes

Cocaine Hippos is a GSC x Chemdog D

Lerry Chimes is (Cherry west bx x Cherry pie bx) x (Lime 1 x Unkown)

the lerry chimes is a dominate force in all ways it brings the color, morphology, strong gas, lime, and cherry. The cocaine hippos adds yield/girth while maintaining the mold resistance from the lerry.

she is very very mold/mildew resistant. These photos are from October 22 after receiving 8” of rain in the previous 30 days. With very cold nights often in the low 40’s and dipping into freezing twice.

Bred on the 49th parallel

Mugwort

Mugwort

Do a search. There’s a few threads just like this with hundreds of replies. One of them is even posted on daily. I’m sure you can find it without digging too deep.
I can relate my experience with WeedSeedExpress. My TEN Bruce Banner AutoFlower (bbaf) seeds arrived within a reasonable time followed by an ad the day after receipt of said seeds advertising free bbaf seeds with purchase of ten. I was elated to see seeds on sale AFTER laying down $139 and I wrote them a letter back saying as much in a crass and snarky manner. I can’t believe it...there are ten more bbaf seeds on the way. It wasn’t my intention to “guilt” them into sending me some free seeds but I was really impressed with the gesture. Weedseedsexpress will be my online choice for Internet seed purchases!

SwishaSweet

SwishaSweet

Exotic Genetix for sure...Sin City , In House there is a few!

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

Hello kind folks its been a while since I've been around here mostly because I stopped growing a few years ago. I'm looking to help people get started growing but I'm behind the loop on which breeders are the most respected these days. I'm looking for heavy indica strains that produce pungent gassy terpenes. I'd love to hear what you guys think, thanks.
If you want gass go for sour or og crosses a few of my personal collection going to be popping some beans soon so keep an eye out of the content 😉
20220108 200517756
20220108 201118763
20220108 200517756
20220108 201118763

Trichome jungle seeds ;
Tipi OG
Opal fruitz
Tropical Mac
Pina Rina
Pineapple gummy
Mandarina x afghan
Jungle Gorrila

Grounded Genetics ;
Frootz
Runtz 2.0

SPITFIRE GENETICS ;
Zapp
GMP GMO X Peach cubez
Sour Peach

DanC520

DanC520

Seems like there a lot of options with solid reputations. From a growers POV, Mephisto the only one I’ve run multiple times and their gear is legit. Tbh my method is I track down the breeders of strains I get at dispos (if I love the strain). So I periodically look for:

Bloom
Thug Pug
Exotic
Raw
In House
Compound
Scapegoat
Fresh Coast
Oni

I like lineage I can trace on seed finder, and most of these are there. Running my first Fresh Coast at the moment and have some Thug Pug otw assuming I paid correctly. ($110 for the pack, nothing crazy).

Pileit

Pileit

We have tried several breeders. Once we got our environment dialed we have had great results with different ones. Hard to beleive we could grow the same genetics and they dont appear to be the same plant,lol. The breeder who has really wowed us and made me look like a great grower who is not, was bodhi. That cat makes idiots like me look like im a grower guru. Goji og and others have pulled us through. Thanks bodhi, you the man. Probably some other great ones, just havent had the chance or i didnt know how to caress their true expressions out of the girls.

TrueGritG

TrueGritG

SHANTIBABA.

If these big breeders don't stop adding polyhybrids to the gene pool most younger hobbiest that do not have a stock pile of the older genetics will fail.
Jmo

Top Bottom