Who can guess what is going on with these plants and how would you go about fixing these two young females?

• Thread starter KingsCropCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

My question is how did all the microbes die in the soil in the first place? Because for your soil or plants to show symptoms, the bad guys would have to fight out the good guys or move into untreated soil.......

As aquaman stated, more than likely your soil lacks enough oxygen to support a colony ......the bad guys don't need oxygen to live......in fact bad bacteria can't live where there is ample oxygen and a thriving colony of the good guys.

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

Sorry I missed answering you last questions.

You wiped em out imo.
1)Overwatered. As I explained that causes lack of o2 in the root zone and all these bacteria are aerobic. Meaning they respire and need oxygen just like the plant.

2) hydrogen peroxide added after partially dry... Imo likely finishing them at this point.

3) dry the media completely kills the last Lone Ranger feeding your plants.

This is just for context so you can see... It's very likely you would benefit from re innoculatiion.

Unless you want to add inorganic nutrients. Which is what I would do in low dose until you can let the microbes build back up.
Thanks so much for your input, sorry I made it more of an inquisitive challenge as opposed to a straighforward Q&A.

I should not have used the hydrogen peroxide on the soil and I should have found a better solution. I was in a rush and didn’t have anything better on hand than the H202 and I went ahead and decided that I thought it would be better to be proactive against root rot that was slowly occurring in the super saturated soil.

I have since been using a light blend of compost tea and have seen much vigorous growth and green come back to the leaves!

The first compost tea brewed was a much shorter one 24 hrs and the second tea was longer at around 72 hours brew time

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

too much water
It was the first transplant and then the first water was an overwater & that was the grave mistake!
From rookies to seasoned gardeners I have heard how easy it is to overwater the soil after a transplant and that is what happened here and has been the first time I have personally ever experienced a severe overwater that has stunted major vegetative growth, all the microbiology was drowned in water due to the pots being outside after a super rainy day and my inability to move under shelter.
The growing seedling transplants were loving the sun and were ready to handle the great sun however as I mentioned it rained really heavy and I was not able to give them the shelter they needed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks so much for your input, sorry I made it more of an inquisitive challenge as opposed to a straighforward Q&A.

I should not have used the hydrogen peroxide on the soil and I should have found a better solution. I was in a rush and didn’t have anything better on hand than the H202 and I went ahead and decided that I thought it would be better to be proactive against root rot that was slowly occurring in the super saturated soil.

I have since been using a light blend of compost tea and have seen much vigorous growth and green come back to the leaves!

The first compost tea brewed was a much shorter one 24 hrs and the second tea was longer at around 72 hours brew time
I'm not an organic grower so I'm in not sure if your tea comes with beneficial bacteria. But sounds like you have it back on track.

Being organic you will greatly benefit from myco and beneficial bacteria. If you look at Raw and many other microbes they contain both and often bacillus amyloliquefaciens.

They will help break nutrients down and form symbiotic relationships that will aid in nutrient uptake and plant health.

Glad you got it worked out.

buddhaBudman

buddhaBudman

Out of curiosity mind sharing your tea recipe?

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

Out of curiosity mind sharing your tea recipe?
Molasses, and then a light mix of organic liquid nutrients so I can water with compost tea throughout the entire stage of growth until flush.
Can’t forget the your soil mix with compost in a sock for part of the catalyst

wtfdaemon

wtfdaemon

I completely agree on the microbes!
So what is your opinion on utilizing a diluted formula of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water in order to treat a plant that has the potential for mold/mildew as well as root rot?
They might not appear like it but around the 2nd week they were overwatered and had a few yellow leaves. I plucked the bottom 2 leaves and then sprayed with the hydrogen peroxide dilution once and that was the only time. I did this a day before the mix had completely dried up after being overwatered.
I am in total agreeance that I definitely didn’t help the microbiology in the soil but do you think that with it being a one time use and helping deter away a bigger problem what is your personal opinion based on experience?

Personally, would never use hydrogen peroxide, even watered down, period.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What book is that cause it's a load of shit. Hydrogen peroxide is used in hydroponic systems to keep them sterile... Meaning kill all microbes good and bad. It does carry some o2 but nowhere near enough to sustain a system and breaks down fast. It's highly oxidative and will kill beneficial bacteria.

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

What book is that cause it's a load of shit. Hydrogen peroxide is used in hydroponic systems to keep them sterile... Meaning kill all microbes good and bad. It does carry some o2 but nowhere near enough to sustain a system and breaks down fast. It's highly oxidative and will kill beneficial bacteria.
Marijuana Horticulture:
The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible
by Jorge Cervantes

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

Right I remember that from one of your first comments and I have decided to never use Hydrogen Peroxide again. I definitely could have solved the problem with better methods

Lmq2020

Lmq2020

Hi stoners!
Can you guess what happened to these poor young cannabis girls?
What is going on with these plants and how would you attempt to help get the plants back to their full health?
Please try to provide organic solutions only because products that are non-gmo is the only way to go!
It’s better for everyone and the environment!
Lol and you have to check out Fang the Wolf Spider that like chilling next to all the young females
Hi, I only grow completely organic, I am also very new to growing. If it were my plant I would cut off the damaged bottom leaves and add some coffee grounds to soil. This provides everything it needs. I would also heal the plant gently and spray gently with water. Low light for a few days if needed

Lmq2020

Lmq2020

Hi stoners!
Can you guess what happened to these poor young cannabis girls?
What is going on with these plants and how would you attempt to help get the plants back to their full health?
Please try to provide organic solutions only because products that are non-gmo is the only way to go!
It’s better for everyone and the environment!
Lol and you have to check out Fang the Wolf Spider that like chilling next to all the young females
Spider!

teejacks

teejacks

duddddeeee you had done everything right and then i read that you used hydrogen peroxide đŸ˜­ if you want to recreate some microbio within your soil again, i do compost teas with worm castings, bat guano, silica powder, anything really... i also do sprouted corn, alfalfa, and mung bean teas as a natural growth hormone. organic farming is better if you grow in the ground outside as you will get more benefits. trying to recreate microbio within a pot with you being the only input is tough but it can be done. good luck cheers

IMG 5618

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

still have same problem next time it rains in my opinion,containers outside leach pretty quick in rain ,every time it does i have same thing ,plants look hungry and flushed,which they are ,but in my soil mix i use the soil texture to my advantage.
i notice you have peat and coco,at what ratio? did you think about your lime buffer being leached out ?

Top Bottom