• Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

I think its rad.
Who else mixes hid and led

SilentL

SilentL

Yes what's best LED or HPS? simple , Both types. Real good Quality in light = Nice Herbs. :)
I know a setup like this 270 w Led and 600 w HPS area 1,5 m2 . The quality is real good.

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

It's not the easiest thing to do as leds are directional and would need to be center stage. Putting hps to the side means the other side is not getting the benefit

New white based leds eliminate the need for hps all together, saving on electricity.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
It's not the easiest thing to do as leds are directional and would need to be center stage. Putting hps to the side means the other side is not getting the benefit

New white based leds eliminate the need for hps all together, saving on electricity.
nothin beats hid photons as far as yield and quality.

Screenshot 2016 05 05 14 25 58
SilentL

SilentL

Nice Herbs , I like when some people go for quality instead of quantity. . I got some pictures and here they are and for 4-5 weeks more of flowering theese (Ex Cheese) will have more nice tricomers. It's organic and with mixed light ( max 720 w /m2 ) and quality speaks for it self. Nr 2 White Fruit ( Bluberry/white widow ) . 3 weeks left approx.

P1020631
P1020632
SilentL

SilentL

Replace HPS , HID , not so easy I've seen differnt types of setups but HPS , HID they are still good. To replace HPS then you must go near anyway ( counting watts )( specially the flower stage ) ; I'm thinking of advertice this 250 led replace 600w HPS. No my experience ok not so many grow rooms but I am sure that you must have at least 400 w led to 600 hps, but still HPS have their benifits . As energy bulbs ( enough for veg but for bloom I don't think it's) enough. with T5 yes I saw a setup like this light in top and 3 sides on the wall in a closet . quite good results. So it is many ways you can setup and go for good results. Keep on growing :) .

D

Duder

I use Both :) Fantastic Results. I do Trees. HPS, COBs on tops and wrapped around, Rigid LED sticks down the Middle of the Tree..
I really need to invest in sunglasses. My Veg is all DIY LED, Tossed the T5s in the garage to collect dust.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Replace HPS , HID , not so easy I've seen differnt types of setups but HPS , HID they are still good. To replace HPS then you must go near anyway ( counting watts )( specially the flower stage ) ; I'm thinking of advertice this 250 led replace 600w HPS. No my experience ok not so many grow rooms but I am sure that you must have at least 400 w led to 600 hps, but still HPS have their benifits . As energy bulbs ( enough for veg but for bloom I don't think it's) enough. with T5 yes I saw a setup like this light in top and 3 sides on the wall in a closet . quite good results. So it is many ways you can setup and go for good results. Keep on growing :) .

You're mistaken thinking hps watts are the same as LED watts. The parameter is photons of energy emitted (umoles). Similar to cell phone tech, LED tech is developing exponentially. Top led panels (white based) not only provide awesome PAR umoles, but do so with ~ 40% less heat. That means no need for exhaust fans, or reflector/bulb replacement, a substantial electric savings, PLUS, all the photons are directed at the canopy

Here's my last grow under a Amare Technologies SE 220 (now replaced with 250 @ $745). First pic is top bud which I had to snap as it was growing beyond my tent height. 2nd pic show incredible penetration: this bud was ~ 30" BELOW the light

IMG 3172
IMG 3148
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You're mistaken thinking hps watts are the same as LED watts. The parameter is photons of energy emitted (umoles). Similar to cell phone tech, LED tech is developing exponentially. Top led panels (white based) not only provide awesome PAR umoles, but do so with ~ 40% less heat. That means no need for exhaust fans, or reflector/bulb replacement, a substantial electric savings, PLUS, all the photons are directed at the canopy

Here's my last grow under a Amare Technologies SE 220 (now replaced with 250 @ $745). First pic is top bud which I had to snap as it was growing beyond my tent height. 2nd pic show incredible penetration: this bud was ~ 30" BELOW the light
I personally think leds are ridiculously expensive considering you can get great quality and quantity with a cheap hps bulb and supplemental UVB

SilentL

SilentL

If I got money I buy theese most like the sun Gavita pro plasma light. HID light is also an or more elements in plasma like argon, Na , etc in plasma but how to know whats best? photons ? umol? par how do we count light made from plasma like the sun and it's accurate ???? Choose the light you fit, grow on. :)

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Seriously?

This was grown under Amare Technologies SE 220, now updated to SE 250 (250w), but watts is a tiny part of the equation. See umoles

The bud next to the cell phone was > 30" BELOW the light and off to the side (leaning up against the tent, so well out of the sweet spot

IMG 3172
IMG 3176
IMG 3148
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Seriously?

This was grown under Amare Technologies SE 220, now updated to SE 250 (250w), but watts is a tiny part of the equation. See umoles

The bud next to the cell phone was > 30" BELOW the light and off to the side (leaning up against the tent, so well out of the sweet spot
I remember the good ole days where led claimed they would double an hid yield hahaha

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

can't help iggy pop from coming to mind

i have very limited money and time atm, but i intend to do a bunch of diy cob lights to add to my hid. the latest generation of cob's look pretty amazing, but they still are a little short on both ends of the light spectrum. so i think marrying led and hid is the best way. a 2k burning hps for most of flowering and a 7k or 10k mh for last two weeks. with probably eight cob lights around it. half 3 to 4 k and half 5 to 7 k.

DankyPanky

DankyPanky

I'm considering adding LEDs to my Gavitas in my flower room as side lights (thinking of growing tress to reduce plant count). Some sort of vert/strip setup, that doesn't add too much more heat.

Some of the LED grow threads here show impressive results.

ken dog

ken dog

With a light meter, I see no difference from a 180 or 270 watt, 3 watt bulb LED, 2 feet away and a 400-hps 2 feet away... both are more than 20000 foot candles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom