Who here runs plants on drier side?

• Thread starter RonnieB2nd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Most people over water their plants even though it does not show stress. Im taking a poll on how much water you give from week 1 until they stop drinking so much. I water 1 cup in coco loco the first 2vweeks every 3 days during perfect conditions. Every 2 if its hot. Week 3 is 2 cups 2-3 says. Week 4 is 3 cups every other day. Week 5 is 1 liter every 2 days. I go to 1 gallon around week 6 or 7 usually week 7. Thats for 5 gallon smart pots. My yields are good and grow plants i am proud of

Who here runs plants on drier side
Who here runs plants on drier side 2
MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I won’t argue with success, your plants look great! My 5 gal pots (ffof) take about 48-60oz of water every 4-5 days. When a run is over I break down the bags, checking for dry pockets and unused food clumps. I usually find a little of both so I’m probably not watering completely. I’ll do a slurry test for pH or use my soil probe. This is just gathering info for my next run, what went right and what went wrong, what can I do better?

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I won’t argue with success, your plants look great! My 5 gal pots (ffof) take about 48-60oz of water every 4-5 days. When a run is over I break down the bags, checking for dry pockets and unused food clumps. I usually find a little of both so I’m probably not watering completely. I’ll do a slurry test for pH or use my soil probe. This is just gathering info for my next run, what went right and what went wrong, what can I do better?
How big is your root masses? If you shake the plant can you get a lot of medium back? If yes you aren't doing anything wrong you just are not letting your plants reach full potential. When you finish a grow and remove the container you should have so many roots that hardly any medium shakes free

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Theres no right or wrong way to do this. Nor do I believe my way is the only way. I do enjoy hearing how people grow. Especially watering. My belief is mixed with some science. #1 plants Especially cannabis can store a lot of water. Now heres my beliefs. I think the roots crawl outward and downward looking for more water. Traveling roots means growing roots growing roots means more roots for nutrient uptake. Damp roots have no reason to go looking for water and I believe this directly effects your grow

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

I think my results speak for themselves. Im not saying that to be a @ss. Just means it obviously works and as I said. I cant prove a portion of it

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

That only drink a teaspoon per day?
It said nonflowering plants. Indoors in containers. It did say all of that but did say non flowering. Its a fact that cannabis plants need very little water when compared to what people think they need. Im in early flower and still 1 liter every other say for 5 gallon. When you're finished with a grow your roots should be piled I bottom of containers

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

i would like to see the info you gathered this from, a very small non flowering plant maybe but you threw it out there like it applied to all
I apologize for being misleading. But the facts remain a nonflowwing plants need very little water to thrive

Panhead59

Panhead59

And if your roots aren't everywhere in the pot, what would that indicate ?

elduderito

elduderito

so you're saying that week 5 you water 1 liter and then week 6 or 7 you go up to 1 gallon (3.8 litres...) -- that seems like a pretty crazy jump

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

so you're saying that week 5 you water 1 liter and then week 6 or 7 you go up to 1 gallon (3.8 litres...) -- that seems like a pretty crazy jump
Its not clock work but yes roughly. When ever heavy flowering starts

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Hahaha!!! They were around 60ish+ plus days old in the picture. The plant had leaves they were just sparce.

frostyfarms213

frostyfarms213

what medium are you using and whats your method of watering?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Watering SOIL

Top Bottom