Picture 85

Picture 72

Picture 62

Picture 68

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I cut the ones I cant tuck out of the way if theyre shading a bud site, but mostly tuck away. Even if the leaf is dying it contains moisture and nutrients to feed the surrounding area as it dries up.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's the benefit of defoling

Trimmed buds from the lowest part of the plant, some 36" BELOW the light. PLUS, there's almost as much below the typical lollipop canopy

IMG 3812
IMG 3814

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

i was watching a youtube video on jungle boys, they strip the whole plant to one node before flip. plan is to concentrate growth to the tops. because ur gnna strip the bottom stuff and not keep the larf anyways.

fatawa

fatawa

I do it too.almost a must for me.least to reach the outcome i expect and am use to.

Juicebox

Juicebox

I leave it all alone till they yellow up and pull off....im old school though...i look at it like this...if i pull a spark plug out of my engine does it run better...certainly not! Defoil is a myth in my opinion

fatawa

fatawa

Shading buds? That's what wind is for, every part gets light
i def hav mine so bushy its a must...light doesnt c everything and 2 me theres no point n all the popcorn/airy buds..i just want tops.i make edibles outta the sugar leaves(final trim)and any popcorn buds i missd but it time wasted for me.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I like larf, it makes tasty qwet. Ive gotten to where I just tuck most leaves out of the way and remove enough from the bottom to make it easier to water and leave alot of larf on since I usually make most of it all into concentrate anyway. Large top buds are good for bag appeal and smoking but the concentrate comes from trichome surface area which the larf has alot of.

fatawa

fatawa

.if i pull a spark plug out of my engine does it run better...
i like this analogy....but id think of it opposite.if it aint getting light or is even slightly yellow i pluck..i only like my spark plugs burning amber or white.lol.sorry to steal yur words..a yellow leaf wont preform photosynthesis as well as green obviously.so y not pluck so nothing is sucking off of what could b.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I am constantly pulling leaves well every few days anyways as the plants grow and move around the leaves can block buds so they get pulled I don't believe in cutting the leaves I feel u might as well just pull the whole thing being careful to leave a few big fan leaves on each top. On the more leafy strains it's no big deal as they don't need all those extra leaves I have heard that to many leaves in flower will steal energy from buds so in my opinion it is good to keep a good middle ground

Dan789

Dan789

I have tried in the past to be patient waiting till the yellow out prior to pinching them off, fuck it this time as the canopy filled in, off came the fan leaves towards the last few weeks of bloom. Ying/yang thing going on for sure. You don't want to stunt or fuck up the grow but I know with the shade what you're goin get, nada.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have tried in the past to be patient waiting till the yellow out prior to pinching them off, fuck it this time as the canopy filled in, off came the fan leaves towards the last few weeks of bloom. Ying/yang thing going on for sure. You don't want to stunt or fuck up the grow but I know with the shade what you're goin get, nada.

The technique is to defol at first pistils, then again 3 weeks later

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just my opinion and experience with my own side by sides and trial and error but I can see where pruning lower branches or such could be useful for airflow in a tight setup or to keep the tops up under the light and avoid lowers that are too low for penetration.

But here is a plant that I let fade a bit early but has every leaf she has grown intact from the beginning. Even the little singles from after sprout.

She was about 30" tall and 30" wide and she looked like this just before harvest under the lights.

IMG 5692

Here is a pic after we stripped all the leaves for harvest.

Buds don't need direct light to grow. The more healthy leaves to the end the more healthy buds I get every time.

The lowest buds are nice dense little nugs about to be trimmed and jarred tomorrow.

She's a Deadhead OG.

IMG 5693

Drowblock501

Drowblock501

Chocolope i pruned the fins leaves and look at it now im using espoma organic garden tone they're almost 6weeks old

20170426 151936
20170426 151840
20170426 151928
20170426 131757
Dan789

Dan789

Chocolope i pruned the fins leaves and look at it now im using espoma organic garden tone they're almost 6weeks old
So are you drawing a conclusion from that action as it seems I am? Probably not the best move, in retrospect. (Not trying to cast any dispersions)

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Now, if you had 2 of then and only crippled one of them, and the damaged one was larger and/or healthier, we'd be talking.

But that's pretty poor for 6 weeks.
This defol thing appears to be a belief system.
Because it sure isn't science.

Carry on.
Weeze

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do know growers that control stretch by taking certain leaves. I get it but it still seems counterproductive to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom