Who says you cant achieve 1.5 grams per watt ?

• Thread starter Uncle.Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Uncle.Bud

Uncle.Bud

This is a Illinois Medical Marijuana Grow limited to 5 plants

The first goal is to run a high performance DWC SOG SCROG and produce 12-16 ounces every 4 weeks on a consistent basis all within the legal parameters of Illinois medical marijuana laws. Some say it can't be done...

To add to the excitement of it all the grow is going to take place in a basement apartment in a two story house. My second and most important goal is to operate 100% undetected.

Tents are expensive and once the zipper gets jammed up your tent basically becomes useless - at least that's my experience. Myself i prefer a multi-level bedroom closet conversion... with hinge less magnetic doors

So here is my closet... My vision is that this will be my all inclusive veg chamber and home to 1 mama, 2 babies & a clone unit. Multi level.... oh ya and with hinge less magnetic doors. I'm not into tents really. This closet is soon to become a micro Cannabis Castle !!

Who says you cant achieve 15 grams per watt
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would make the *stay undetected* my priority one 😁
How ambitious 12-16 once every 4 weeks are I don't know about but there is nothing wrong with setting the goal post high.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

The first goal is to run a high performance DWC SOG SCROG and produce 12-16 ounces every 4 weeks on a consistent basis all within the legal parameters of Illinois medical marijuana laws. Some say it can't be done...

To add to the excitement of it all the grow is going to take place in a basement apartment in a two story house. My second and most important goal is to operate 100% undetected.

Tents are expensive and once the zipper gets jammed up your tent basically becomes useless - at least that's my experience. Myself i prefer a multi-level bedroom closet conversion... with hinge less magnetic doors

So here is my closet... My vision is that this will be my all inclusive veg chamber and home to 1 mama, 2 babies & a clone unit. Multi level.... oh ya and with hinge less magnetic doors. I'm not into tents really. This closet is soon to become a micro Cannabis Castle !!

Love the enthusiasm, I jumped in from the grow tent side first and am now looking to backtrack a bit and set up a seedling/clone/mother/veg space.

Happy grows brother putting the goal down on paper is a solid start in itself. If you're an achiever you'll hold yourself to the standard you set and you'll achieve your goal. Don't bitch out and cut corners.

growsince79

growsince79

How big is the closet

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Just thinking.... 1.5g per watt, that means me trying to get 450g from my 2/4/6ft tent with two 150w lights in it, I would love to be able to do that but I don't think it will happen in first or second attempt 😂

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What will you do for flowering space? That will determine if your goals are achievable.

In my experience, to get a pound dry across 2 plants (if I am reading you right) every 30 days, you will actually need space for 4 flowering plants preferably in their own systems and rotate the harvest back and forth 2 this month, 2 next month, etc. You will also need some strong genetics to get that sort of output, which generally means larger plants.

I have successfully done 4 pounds in a 4x8 with Critical Mass and perfect conditions over a little over 2 months flower, you can extrapolate from there. On a different strain under the same conditions, sometimes I produce half that.

Uncle.Bud

Uncle.Bud

I would make the *stay undetected* my priority one 😁
How ambitious 12-16 once every 4 weeks are I don't know about but there is nothing wrong with setting the goal post high.

I agree - I have my priorities flip flopped ! I'm a legal Illinois medical home grower and legal or illegal the rule by code is Security being number one.
Good luck.

How will you be dealing with odor?
Two carbon filters with 6" extraction fans in the main flower area. The scrubbed air will be directed to the living room area where I will have a ION generator. The grow will be during the winter so the warm scrubbed air will help lower apt heating costs.

One carbon filter inside closet veg area with 6" extraction fan routed the same path into the livingroom area.

So 3 carbon air scrubbers with 3 extraction fans.

Also, fresh Cool air will be brought into the grow room by a 4" hose and 4" inline duct fan.

Uncle.Bud

Uncle.Bud

Just thinking.... 1.5g per watt, that means me trying to get 450g from my 2/4/6ft tent with two 150w lights in it, I would love to be able to do that but I don't think it will happen in first or second attempt 😂

I will be running (2) 600watt HPS that are on an illumination rotation you might wanna get a bit more light !🤣

Uncle.Bud

Uncle.Bud

What will you do for flowering space? That will determine if your goals are achievable.

In my experience, to get a pound dry across 2 plants (if I am reading you right) every 30 days, you will actually need space for 4 flowering plants preferably in their own systems and rotate the harvest back and forth 2 this month, 2 next month, etc. You will also need some strong genetics to get that sort of output, which generally means larger plants.

I have successfully done 4 pounds in a 4x8 with Critical Mass and perfect conditions over a little over 2 months flower, you can extrapolate from there. On a different strain under the same conditions, sometimes I produce half that.
My flower room is 10' x 10'

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You can get to 12 oz but I think your wattage figures are a bit off. Good luck.

You in southern IL by any chance? I'm STL.

Last edited:
Uncle.Bud

Uncle.Bud

No im in the Peoria / Bloomington area

1.5 grams per watt is my goal.
I use (2) 600 watt HPS in illumination rotation (meaning only 1 600watt runs per day.... and the two 600 watt HPS rotate days. I read about this method years ago and it seems logical. Not everyday in the real world is 100% bright bright BRIGHT sunlight.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

1.5 grams per watt is my goal.
I use (2) 600 watt HPS in illumination rotation (meaning only 1 600watt runs per day.... and the two 600 watt HPS rotate days. I read about this method years ago and it seems logical. Not everyday in the real world is 100% bright bright BRIGHT sunlight.

I would truly like to share data with you on this. I can grow 4 pounds in a 4x8 but using 1000, 600, 600 W HIDs on 12/12. I also accomplished the same in the exact same tent setup except 2 Optic 8+ LEDs.

Optic 8+ COB LED Grow Light Features
  • Proven Yield: Up to 3.06 lbs (49.1 oz / 1,375 g) for up to 2.5 g/w

I'm happy to share all my data to anyone trying to push the limits. For me, it required both tents running fallponics, CO2, Humidity control up and down, mini split AC, a res chiller and 8 foot tall tents with the biggest genetics I have ever grown. I have never had the pleasure of growing outdoors, but I think that is what it would take for me to improve on this harvest, and only then because of the size limitations of being indoors. If you want to see that setup I put a video

This is not at all a challenge, I sincerely want to know how to improve my system. If you are able to get 12 - 16 ounces as you describe your system and plant number limitation, your genetics are better than mine and I'd beg you to know more.

Critical Mass comes out huge and heavy overall, but surprisingly less dense than most other cultivars. Maybe you have found the magic bullet?

Big Bud

I've got that genetics saved as a mom if you want clones. You have more space than me, maybe this would work for you if you have not settled on genetics yet?

Top Bottom