Who says you can't top autos. Top this...

• Thread starter YnoTony
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YnoTony

YnoTony

I'm in mass. Had a wet cold summer so the autos weren't doing good. So I actually topped them right at first sign of flowering. Straight leaves and pistils coming. Then I topped it and it exploded. You can see the diff.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Sorry forgot the pics..lol
Yes with Autos, you CAN Top them. But some Strains are sensitive to it and may not recover & produce as much. Read up on the Strain you're using, for any comments from fellow Growers about how your Strain performed for them, after topping. In my one experience with a Lowryder Auto, it defied everything I had read about it....go figure. I wound up with a Lollipop 3 feet tall lol. But I sure like the way your (two on the right) turned out! When I get around to a 2nd Grow with Lowryder, I will surely Top them. Even with those Strains which are listed as "sensitive", I like to top them Quick and Soon as possible. Gives them enough time to recover, and if they don't, well - less time invested in a Failure. I have always had good results with Topping; I am just VERY careful, use SHARP scissors and be sure they're clean. Manicure scissors (little Micro ones) work great, and they're cheap, too :)

I do NOT mean this as Criticism, but I think it needs to be said: If this is one of your first grows, I'm surprised no one's hopped the fence at night & stolen anything yet. Even if you live in a Legal State, I would not Advertise what you're doing. It looks like you've got the Maximum number of plants growing in a Legal State (12 or so), but don't underestimate what the police may do, if anyone gets an attack of Shit-Fer-Brains and calls them on you. Just Sayin'....

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm in mass. Had a wet cold summer so the autos weren't doing good. So I actually topped them right at first sign of flowering. Straight leaves and pistils coming. Then I topped it and it exploded. You can see the diff.
All the same strain? Just curious they are outside

YnoTony

YnoTony

Yes with Autos, you CAN Top them. But some Strains are sensitive to it and may not recover & produce as much. Read up on the Strain you're using, for any comments from fellow Growers about how your Strain performed for them, after topping. In my one experience with a Lowryder Auto, it defied everything I had read about it....go figure. I wound up with a Lollipop 3 feet tall lol. But I sure like the way your (two on the right) turned out! When I get around to a 2nd Grow with Lowryder, I will surely Top them. Even with those Strains which are listed as "sensitive", I like to top them Quick and Soon as possible. Gives them enough time to recover, and if they don't, well - less time invested in a Failure. I have always had good results with Topping; I am just VERY careful, use SHARP scissors and be sure they're clean. Manicure scissors (little Micro ones) work great, and they're cheap, too :)

I do NOT mean this as Criticism, but I think it needs to be said: If this is one of your first grows, I'm surprised no one's hopped the fence at night & stolen anything yet. Even if you live in a Legal State, I would not Advertise what you're doing. It looks like you've got the Maximum number of plants growing in a Legal State (12 or so), but don't underestimate what the police may do, if anyone gets an attack of Shit-Fer-Brains and calls them on you. Just Sayin'....
This is my first auto grow. But my 4th year growing with photos.I been doing it like this But I'm in a great neighborhood. Been here for years. We all know each other. Plus Il put them in the greenhouse when the photos start flowering.cameras. spotlights..and the photos are 6ft by 4 ft each in the 20 gallon pots wet they gotta weigh bout 80 lbs

Onelow1

Onelow1

My last Afghani auto from Sensi got topped 7 times, maybe 2 more. I got a bit snip happy the second time. It was in rdwc and produced 17os. Anyone says you can't top auto's, needs to grow more auto's. Healthy plants top fine. They don't even blink.

Onelow1

Onelow1

RDWC, 95 days. Had a terrible cal defis caused by a PK excess, that turned into a Boron defis. You will learn some shit from seeds. Too late in flower to try and change things. She did fine. Anyway 36" tall, 48"wide x36". Max EC1.25, General Hydro nuts. 17.21oz @ 60%. Under two Electric Sky 300's @ 80%. 26" away.
I had gsc go 60" above the lid- 3 of them! I just reduced my 4x8 grow room from three sites to two sites. Less is more.

PXL 20210622 143833230
PXL 20210622 114047515
PXL 20210621 011413579
Top Bottom