Who uses Fox Farm Ocean Forrest FFOF and why

• Thread starter Bbog47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbog47

Bbog47

Trash growing medium. This my opinion I’m not sure why anyone recommends this junk. Quality of the stuff is scary. So many better options for the price.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Troll thread.

I have 100’s of healthy plants grown in ocean forest and 20% added large chunky perlite mixed in. Many pics in the first half of my thread. Used some other brands after that but am back to ocean forest.

seems pallet after pallet sells right out at the store regularly. Someone else must like it too.

;-)

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Troll thread.

I have 100’s of healthy plants grown in ocean forest and 20% added large chunky perlite mixed in. Many pics in the first half of my thread. Used some other brands after that but am back to ocean forest.

seems pallet after pallet sells right out at the store regularly. Someone else must like it too.

;-)
Agreed and use nothing else.Matter of fact bought 18 bags of it in Louisville today..

20210320 165507
Last edited:
Bbog47

Bbog47

It works so does miracle grow. I’m just saying for what it is it kinda sucks.

Bbog47

Bbog47

If you guys ran some better soil like Malibu compost you’d notice what I’m talking about.

Bbog47

Bbog47

Have some thick skin. I’m just wondering why people run this stuff when there’s like a ton of better options.

Bbog47

Bbog47

Hey they don’t look that bad mad max. But idk why people are triggered just an unpopular opinion.
Because not everyone wants to pay 22 bucks a bag when ocean forest runs about 10...
Plant health is worth 10 extra dollars. Plus you can reuse organic soil and it gets better. I get Malibu for 16$ a bag probably cheaper if I bought a pallet. That was just an example but it’s not that expensive to run other better products. I’m over it

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

drop the sh*t and rock some science...................................mimed is killin the f**k outta these newbs...........read up and run some years then talk some sh
*t

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

i run goat from the local boss who is organic and killer local organic, hand made ect ect........

whats the break down whats the cost or purchase vs cost of production, what the production vs black gold. vs home grown, vs 12 in of dank a** top soil?

Bbog47

Bbog47

ezenzyme you bring up good points. MiMeds sh*t is on point no one said it wasn’t. You don’t know me to be talking like I’ve never read about growing or grown a day in my life but it’s cool to make assumptions. Have a good one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not a soil grower (1 peat grow) ... what makes one soil better than another? Aeration? Nutrients? Cost? Composition?

Bbog47

Bbog47

@Aqua Man I would say in my opinion that the combination of all of those is important. If you’re running large scale cost is key but growing for quality, it’s not much more expensive to get something that might cost a few extra dollars but is better. What’s really important to me is a good soil biology Streptomyces, trichoderma, bacillus, lactobacillus, mycorrhiza. Those “guys” are doing all the hard work for you and will increase brix levels. Sustainable ingredients are important too. Peat is a good product but it’s not sustainable and where they harvest peat stores a third of the co2 that occurs in our environment and it pollutes when they harvest it. Coco based is better for Earth. Sorry I got carried away with my answer...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man I would say in my opinion that the combination of all of those is important. If you’re running large scale cost is key but growing for quality, it’s not much more expensive to get something that might cost a few extra dollars but is better. What’s really important to me is a good soil biology Streptomyces, trichoderma, bacillus, lactobacillus, mycorrhiza. Those “guys” are doing all the hard work for you and will increase brix levels. Sustainable ingredients are important too. Peat is a good product but it’s not sustainable and where they harvest peat stores a third of the co2 that occurs in our environment and it pollutes when they harvest it. Coco based is better for Earth. Sorry I got carried away with my answer...
Ah so your speaking outdoor? Yeah all those bennies can be added to any soil or media based grow.

Bbog47

Bbog47

Ah so your speaking outdoor? Yeah all those bennies can be added to any soil or media based grow.
I run this with my indoor too. I posted this in organic soils section not synthetic. Yeah you can add bennies into any media but like I said all of those factors were important so composition/quality of media is important not just one thing. As a full organic grower Ffof doesn’t do it for me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I run this with my indoor too. I posted this in organic soils section not synthetic. Yeah you can add bennies into any media but like I said all of those factors were important so composition/quality of media is important not just one thing. As a full organic grower Ffof doesn’t do it for me.
Oops I stumbled into organics... my bad. Sorry guys 👋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom