Who uses Fox Farm Ocean Forrest FFOF and why

• Thread starter Bbog47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbog47

Bbog47

I use it exclusively, never found bugs or trash in it, not expensive at $20 for large bag, a mild (not hot) medium and my autos luv it, unless u make your own what else is there? Pro mix never tried, coco why? Miriclegrow? Some no name mix to save a buck or two? No in my book ffof rules!
Unfortunately I think you took a lot of what I said a little to literally

Bbog47

Bbog47

If your leafs are that dark in flower it’s looking like a slight n tox not a win for ffof argument. Leaf tips shouldn’t curl down...

Bbog47

Bbog47

After looking through a few grows with ffof on here it sure looks like a lot of people have nitrogen toxicity. Not good for flower. Super green.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I keep using OF recently because it seems the go to. And I also keep getting harsh bud that doesn't yellow off when it should. However a few years back when I used salamander soil was one of my smoothest fullest grows. That could be on other factors. But worth noting. Maybe worth trying again the FFSS instead of FFOF

Bbog47

Bbog47

I keep using OF recently because it seems the go to. And I also keep getting harsh bud that doesn't yellow off when it should. However a few years back when I used salamander soil was one of my smoothest fullest grows. That could be on other factors. But worth noting. Maybe worth trying again the FFSS instead of FFOF
Yeah ffof nutrient balance is not good. High n. People like to argue and probably been growing less than 5 years using the same things over and over. Not improving.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

After looking through a few grows with ffof on here it sure looks like a lot of people have nitrogen toxicity. Not good for flower. Super green.

Ocean forest doesn’t have enough nutrients alone to flower a plant. You have to fertilize. It’s premium potting soil. It needs more perlite for drainage IMO. It’s just a grow medium. There isn’t much more to it than that. It can feed for a few weeks. Maybe more depending on a ton of variables. With transplants every couple weeks I can go through veg with water only. That’s the best benefit for me. Other potting mixes worked well too.

Bbog47

Bbog47

Ocean forest doesn’t have enough nutrients alone to flower a plant. You have to fertilize. It’s premium potting soil. It needs more perlite for drainage IMO. It’s just a grow medium. There isn’t much more to it than that. It can feed for a few weeks. Maybe more depending on a ton of variables. With transplants every couple weeks I can go through veg with water only. That’s the best benefit for me. Other potting mixes worked well too.
I was just pointing out that a few people defending ffof have n claw. For giving advice on growing to people and then not even being dialed in... and act like grow Jesus on here kinda lame and off putting. Not trying to be a d*ck but I’m not here to make friends either. Peace ✌️

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was just pointing out that a few people defending ffof have n claw. For giving advice on growing to people and then not even being dialed in... and act like grow Jesus on here kinda lame and off putting. Not trying to be a d*ck but I’m not here to make friends either. Peace ✌

Of course it’s the grower not the soil. You are the one criticizing. Not them.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Never used it my self, but I know plenty of people who do and love it. I’m a fan of mothers earths 70/30, but one day I might give ocean forest a try just hard to find around we’re I live and really hard to be shipped as well which I find odd.

Bbog47

Bbog47

Never used it my self, but I know plenty of people who do and love it. I’m a fan of mothers earths 70/30, but one day I might give ocean forest a try just hard to find around we’re I live and really hard to be shipped as well which I find odd.
Buying soil online people try to charge 30-45 bucks for the big bag due to shipping cost it’s heavy. At the hydro store the same bags are like 15 dollars.
If i want to grow in cow poo i’ll buy malibu
Lol I’m not suggesting you grow in straight compost bro 😂 and if you think biodinamic cow manure is bad for plants idk man 😂👍

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Buying soil online people try to charge 30-45 bucks for the big bag due to shipping cost it’s heavy. At the hydro store the same bags are like 15 dollars.

Lol I’m not suggesting you grow in straight compost bro 😂 and if you think biodinamic cow manure is bad for plants idk man 😂👍
Actually it’s the state I live in I think they have weird regulation, since their all ass back words most likely they think ocean forest is bomb
Making material or some stupid shit lol

Bbog47

Bbog47

Actually it’s the state I live in I think they have weird regulation, since their all ass back words most likely they think ocean forest is bomb
Making material or some stupid shit lol
😂😂😂 bomb making material
That’s a bummer though you got all those as* backwards people in office. “Marihijuana makes u gey”- some old politician

Bbog47

Bbog47

If you add to much of a single amendment like crab meal (ffof) to your starting soil it contains slow releasing nitrogen. Not water soluble nitrogen. Absolutely when you go to flower there can still be excess nitrogen. Just because you can’t flower alone with it doesn’t mean there’s not too much of a single input. Imbalance. I’m probably speaking Chinese to some of you.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

the Mother Earth groundswell is their version. Worked great for me and did not need extra perlite.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It’s a combination of the lack of experience and ego inflation that gets me. You won’t get it. Mi means mids?

Bbog47

Bbog47

I seen your grow dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom