Who wants to clone like an Og, or who thinks they can step up and give a Og a lesson in how to clone ?

• Thread starter daggarooker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Damn almost ran out of popcorn for only 8 pages of a thread 😄. Ain't nothin special, but I soak RW cubes and shake out all the water til they're nearly bone dry (but not quite) then pop in the cuts, put the dome on and let the humidity keep them alive and forget about em. When I come back a week later and pop the dome off, most of them are rooted and the rest of them eventually root as I slowly get them used to no dome til theyre ready to transplant. Total time from cut to transplant is 8-9 days with 99% success rate. I choose the path of least resistance, easy does it.

ninjadip

ninjadip

15 of 15 looked like this. Took 8 days to shoot roots out of the cube and 3 more days to get to that. No nutrients, i dont ph anything, im not clean or sterile about it, and i just use simple cinnamon powder. Dont care if someone beats me either, its all good fun. View attachment 1307458
cinnamon is whack imo, i've read a few comparisons that show cinnamon and honey(some people use that) as the lowest of natural root enhancing.

fresh cut, pureed aloe or a tea from willow leaves are the best two natural root hormones to add i think. But you got roots, so you're good. just could have been faster with one of those two imo. Aloe has antimicrobial properties, and the willow has actual rooting hormones.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Damn almost ran out of popcorn for only 8 pages of a thread 😄. Ain't nothin special, but I soak RW cubes and shake out all the water til they're nearly bone dry (but not quite) then pop in the cuts, put the dome on and let the humidity keep them alive and forget about em. When I come back a week later and pop the dome off, most of them are rooted and the rest of them eventually root as I slowly get them used to no dome til theyre ready to transplant. Total time from cut to transplant is 8-9 days with 99% success rate. I choose the path of least resistance, easy does it.
I really like the idea of dryer root cubes, and increased RH. That makes perfect sense. Let the roots seek out the water.

Kudos

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

cinnamon is whack imo. fresh cut, pureed aloe or a tea from willow leaves are the best two natural root hormones to add i think. But you got roots, so you're good. just could have been faster with one of those two imo.
I dont wannaa buy any more stuff im gonna use once and throw away a year later. Ive used aloe, asprin, honey, i even used clonex without success, but i didnt have an actual cloner at that time. So i bought a cloner and i went with cinnamon powder because i already had it here. Time isnt an issue for me either as i still have 2 cuts sitting in my cloner since the 6th, and they only took 8 days to root. They couldve taken 3 weeks and theyd still be ready when i need them as im trying to get ready to move and down to 1 flower tent atm.

Z

Zill

Moshmen,
Urban legends abound.

Cinnamon is thought of as being one product, but in fact it is many, and the so-called cinnamon available from grocery stores in North America is not even the real cinnamon. Anecdotal comments about cinnamon as a plant root hormone are of little use since they never specify which cinnamon is being used. Cinnamon, real or fake, does not contain rooting hormones. It does have some antimicrobial properties and may help keep fungal growth down, but it does not cause roots to form.

Aspirin is not a rooting hormone, and it has limited positive effect on rooting even if you are applying Indole-3 butyric acid (IBA). The reality is that most cuttings root very easily without any rooting hormone.

If you feel the need to use a rooting hormone, use a commercial product.

Zill.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
lots of interesting methods but all are exposing the roots to the open air environment etc very risky but if it works all good, as some may know i just clone right into pro mix hp in a solo cup with rooting powder and it never fails, yet anyways,
and roots are not exposed to anything until transplant when the are established.. don’t think there’s a more simpler way?..

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

lots of interesting methods but all are exposing the roots to the open air environment etc very risky but if it works all good, as some may know i just clone right into pro mix hp in a solo cup with rooting powder and it never fails, yet anyways,
and roots are not exposed to anything until transplant when the are established.. don’t think there’s a more simpler way?..
I want to try this method, I’ve always used clonex and rapid rooter plug in a dome. How do you tell if they have rooted?

Anthem

Anthem

I dont wannaa buy any more stuff im gonna use once and throw away a year later. Ive used aloe, asprin, honey, i even used clonex without success, but i didnt have an actual cloner at that time. So i bought a cloner and i went with cinnamon powder because i already had it here. Time isnt an issue for me either as i still have 2 cuts sitting in my cloner since the 6th, and they only took 8 days to root. They couldve taken 3 weeks and theyd still be ready when i need them as im trying to get ready to move and down to 1 flower tent atm.
Those are all natural and will increase rooting.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Aweh, but cuts rooted in 3-5 days and in solo cups vegged for a week might also not be a bad idea. Especially if you running multiple cultivars and specifically selected phenos it's a whole different scale.

But let's battle champ.

What you putting up as a prize. ?

I'm going to be putting my brand new vintage Marijuana feeder the ( gro bot )
What you got champ ?
Man, I know this thread is cooked, but I had to laugh at the "prize" when I looked it up.

Grobot

I guess I see why that was being given away...

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

He's like those dudes that stand around in military garb and pretend like they're active military.

Stolen Valor!🤠
So cringe people that do that.

I don't think OP was that bad, and we never gave a chance to show the cloning results. I guess we will never know now.

Some people just gotta peacock. It's a learned behavior that can be unlearned. I've never seen it as a recipe for success myself. OP has that shit down pat.

Top Bottom