Who wants to help me decide which strains to grow this spring?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Maybe ill just buy a roll of that, or just a spool of that green coated plant tie stuff, have to see whats cheapest 🤣
Yeah you definitely want something sturdier than what most use for indoor scrogs. I considered building one from bamboo stakes, but in the end decided the way I did it was easier. The green fence posts pounded to height, coated wire fence attached to one of the little nubs, squeezed shut with pliers and added a zip tie through the hole and a square. Hillbilly as heck but no engineering failures lol... it's still out there holding up covered in ice and snow. I didn't take the best pics to show how I did the actual structure but here's a few.
20220622 084719
20220818 105052
20220818 105041

TSD

TSD

I also didn't measure anything lol... I like to wing my MacGyver shit and hope for the best. 🤣

TSD

TSD

Oh and put the post through a square and keep the nub facing out, that way the nub isn't taking all the force, the whole post is.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah you definitely want something sturdier than what most use for indoor scrogs. I considered building one from bamboo stakes, but in the end decided the way I did it was easier. The green fence posts pounded to height, coated wire fence attached to one of the little nubs, squeezed shut with pliers and added a zip tie through the hole and a square. Hillbilly as heck but no engineering failures lol... it's still out there holding up covered in ice and snow. I didn't take the best pics to show how I did the actual structure but here's a few. View attachment 1327507View attachment 1327508View attachment 1327509
You got me sold on the idea thats for sure. Mentioning bamboo sticks, i think ill just order a 25 pack of the 6 foot plastic coated plant stakes. That would give me just enough to do what i want to do with 1 left over, and that would definitely be sturdy enough for the hurricane winds we get down here in the late summer/early fall.

Reactions: TSD
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Oh and put the post through a square and keep the nub facing out, that way the nub isn't taking all the force, the whole post is.
Definitely makes sense, i could see the wind/weight pulling those tabs right back open if you put them in the other way.

TSD

TSD

Definitely makes sense, i could see the wind/weight pulling those tabs right back open if you put them in the other way.
I'm sure there's a million ways to build a scrog. Some people said it was silly and pointless to do outdoors, but I had my best results yet with it, so in my climate, it's amazing. Plus no pounds of larf like I usually get. Year before last 3 of 10 pounds were deemed to small to fuck with and went to the butter pile. Zero larf on my garden gals this past year.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I'm sure there's a million ways to build a scrog. Some people said it was silly and pointless to do outdoors, but I had my best results yet with it, so in my climate, it's amazing. Plus no pounds of larf like I usually get. Year before last 3 of 10 pounds were deemed to small to fuck with and went to the butter pile. Zero larf on my garden gals this past year.
I could see where its beneficial to scrog outside for sure. I just never thought of it myself. Definitely going to be doing it this year for sure though. Ill try anything to get a finished photoperiod harvest here lol

TSD

TSD

I could see where its beneficial to scrog outside for sure. I just never thought of it myself. Definitely going to be doing it this year for sure though. Ill try anything to get a finished photoperiod harvest here lol
I have faith that you can do it... just gotta bust yo butt a little more lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have faith that you can do it... just gotta bust yo butt a little more lol.
Yeah last year i wasnt planning to grow photos but 4 clones landed in my lap, i didnt have room for them inside so i put them outside as little 6 node plants like june 5th. They finished out as 3 foot moldy mildew covered shitshows, and half the trichs were gone thanks to frost and then 30 mph winds.... im going to have things better planned out this year and hope i can make it work out.

Ive never smoked any outdoor bud thats was even decent, so ive always said indoor is superior to outdoor and i think im wrong? Because ive seen photos of outdoor than would knock my indoor in the dirt, ive just never smoked it.

TSD

TSD

Yeah last year i wasnt planning to grow photos but 4 clones landed in my lap, i didnt have room for them inside so i put them outside as little 6 node plants like june 5th. They finished out as 3 foot moldy mildew covered shitshows, and half the trichs were gone thanks to frost and then 30 mph winds.... im going to have things better planned out this year and hope i can make it work out.

Ive never smoked any outdoor bud thats was even decent, so ive always said indoor is superior to outdoor and i think im wrong? Because ive seen photos of outdoor than would knock my indoor in the dirt, ive just never smoked it.
After mine is cured and fully manicured of sugar leaves, I'd challenge any stoner to pick it out of a lineup as outdoor based on looks alone. Shit is dense nugs, not the fluffy guerilla grown crap that everyone pictures when someone says outdoor. Now the taste and smell... usually superior, so that might give it away. 🤣 At least superior to commercial dispo indoor anyway... obviously the folks here that care for thier indoor like thier children grow fire lol.

TSD

TSD

In my experience, seeds fare far better than clones outside as well. My Blueberry was a late clone and had a sad showing as well, 3 ounces I think... no mold, but just not a vigorous grower, never satisfied with what I was feeding. I didn't make her though, so her mama may not have been the healthiest.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

After mine is cured and fully manicured of sugar leaves, I'd challenge any stoner to pick it out of a lineup as outdoor based on looks alone. Shit is dense nugs, not the fluffy guerilla grown crap that everyone pictures when someone says outdoor. Now the taste and smell... usually superior, so that might give it away. 🤣 At least superior to commercial dispo indoor anyway... obviously the folks here that care for thier indoor like thier children grow fire lol.
Yeah i havent had the opportunity to see any outdoor bud that wasnt wicked dark, fluffy, loose buds that taste like pepper, hay, and cigarettes. I got some outdoor weed one year that actually made me stop buying weed and start growing my own, i shit you not it tatsed like a fresh made dill pickle, think they used old pickle jars to cure it in. It was some of the absolute nastiest weed I have ever smoked. I ended up throwing it away.

• Haha
TSD

TSD

Yeah i havent had the opportunity to see any outdoor bud that wasnt wicked dark, fluffy, loose buds that taste like pepper, hay, and cigarettes. I got some outdoor weed one year that actually made me stop buying weed and growing my own, i shit you not it tatsed like a fresh made dill pickle, think they used old pickle jars to cure it in. It was some of the absolute nastiest weed I have ever smoked. I ended up throwing it away.
Well that's just depressing lol. My dad is a stoner from way back and all his mountain man friends are og outdoor growers, so dank outdoor has always been available to me... well as soon I was 18 and my dad accepted my stoner identity lol... but I was already growing my own at 17 anyway. People got all into hydro in the early 2000s and I thought they were nuts choosing what seemed to me to be a chemical shit show that resulted in headaches over dank ass home grown outdoor that stunk up your car through 4 bags and a jar if you were dumb enough to open it in there lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well that's just depressing lol. My dad is a stoner from way back and all his mountain man friends are og outdoor growers, so dank outdoor has always been available to me... well as soon I was 18 and my dad accepted my stoner identity lol... but I was already growing my own at 17 anyway. People got all into hydro in the early 2000s and I thought they were nuts choosing what seemed to me to be a chemical shit show that resulted in headaches over dank ass home grown outdoor that stunk up your car through 4 bags and a jar if you were dumb enough to open it in there lol.
Thats the weed i used to get in trouble with all the time cause the shit stunk so bad you couldnt hide it even if you tried, plus i was a young dumb teenager at the time and went everywhere and anywhere with weed so getting in trouble was usually expected

TSD

TSD

Thats the weed i used to get in trouble with all the time cause the shit stunk so bad you couldnt hide it even if you tried, plus i was a young dumb teenager at the time and went everywhere and anywhere with weed so getting in trouble was usually expected
Yeah my dad 100% knew I was smoking weed, but what the heck was he gonna say? It was like a silent stand off... I knew he was a stoner, he knew I was a stoner, but neither of us acknowledged it... till my 18th birthday when he said "well, I guess we can smoke this now" and whipped out a fatty. Now that's how a responsible stoner parents thier child 🤣🤣🤣

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah my dad 100% knew I was smoking weed, but what the heck was he gonna say? It was like a silent stand off... I knew he was a stoner, he knew I was a stoner, but neither of us acknowledged it... till my 18th birthday when he said "well, I guess we can smoke this now" and whipped out a fatty. Now that's how a responsible stoner parents thier child 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah i dont have an issue with it, im with your dad tho, they just have to be 18 for me to "allow" it lmao.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Me. I do. Me. I wanna help...... ;)

I'm already thinking about it. Of course, up here winter will end around May 15th.... :(

But yeah, if I want to plant June 1st, that means starting them at least May 1st.......60+ days from now....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Keep in mind I'm also thinking like a breeder.

I would do the LSD and Ayahusca Purple and save the Strawberry Lemonade and Mimosa/Orange (to run those together too)

The Shaman and the Banner (we could get an early frost but these should be fine, and if we get a late fall like this year, those could ripen very nicely).

The others you can do indoors.....

The rest.......run the freebies, the oldest ones/the ones you'd like to get out of the way. In that sense I'd run 8 or 9 strains. ;)

Cross the LSD and Ayuhusca, cross the Shaman and Banner. Cross the Shaman and Ayahusca? ;).

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah i dont have an issue with it, im with your dad tho, they just have to be 18 for me to "allow" it lmao.
This is funny. Our son (23) has 0 interest. He doesn't even drink much. There's a thing quite often where your kids go out of their way to not be you.......

And believe me, I've already done the "This is good, and psychedelics too, respectfully, but i think you'd love weed" thing, but he's not (yet) interested. It's probably a matter of time, but all good. He's certainly not against it.

He's been to over 100 Phish shows......so he's seen people having fun ever sonce he was a baby......he's also seen idiots laid out on a field or jacked up on molly.....so that's good, no need for that....

It's going to be funny having him watch me grow. He'll certainly have to admit that it's a very interesting, unique, and beautiful plant.

TSD

TSD

But yeah, if I want to plant June 1st, that means starting them at least May 1st.......60+ days
I usually start sometime in March because I like them bigger. They usually go out around memorial day when daylight hours are just about at 15. Last year I planted the weekend before memorial day I think. I use the first part of June to harden them off when weather permits, and prepare my holes (and dirt earlier if I make my own.) My light to start is not that strong so the sun can be a shock, as well as the temp and humidity changes, but they adjust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom