Who wants to help me decide which strains to grow this spring?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

@Harpua88
I plan on frost. I battle all the shit Mother Nature can throw at me cause I'm stubborn and love outdoor. I've learned that offense is the best defense... keeping shit away is always less work than evicting shit that's moved in. Keeping mold from starting is easier than amputating arms daily and watching your harvest dwindle. Another benefit of the scrog... partial frame for frost cover ready to roll lol... definitely also covered for a week long downpour in late flower. All this is totally easier than buying a goddamn tent. šŸ™„šŸ¤£

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

This is funny. Our son (23) has 0 interest. He doesn't even drink much. There's a thing quite often where your kids go out of their way to not be you.......

And believe me, I've already done the "This is good, and psychedelics too, respectfully, but i think you'd love weed" thing, but he's not (yet) interested. It's probably a matter of time, but all good. He's certainly not against it.

He's been to over 100 Phish shows......so he's seen people having fun ever sonce he was a baby......he's also seen idiots laid out on a field or jacked up on molly.....so that's good, no need for that....

It's going to be funny having him watch me grow. He'll certainly have to admit that it's a very interesting, unique, and beautiful plant.
Not a drinker myself, might have a drink here or there, usually have 1 on holidays.

If my kids aren't interested thatd be cool honestly, (more for me) but id never try to push it on either of them.

I like psychedelics but they have been dangerous for me from time to time so i try to avoid them now and probably wont be doing lsd ever again lol.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I usually start sometime in March because I like them bigger. They usually go out around memorial day when daylight hours are just about at 15. Last year I planted the weekend before memorial day I think. I use the first part of June to harden them off when weather permits, and prepare my holes (and dirt earlier if I make my own.) My light to start is not that strong so the sun can be a shock, as well as the temp and humidity changes, but they adjust.
I was surprised at how well my testers did......but I started them in late May and put them out late June. I just dug and placed and they took right off. They ended up 3 to 4 feet tall. This year I'll be more deliberate. Yeah I'm gonna pick 2 good mostly sativas and start them early.....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
@Harpua88
I plan on frost. I battle all the shit Mother Nature can throw at me cause I'm stubborn and love outdoor. I've learned that offense is the best defense... keeping shit away is always less work than evicting shit that's moved in. Keeping mold from starting is easier than amputating arms daily and watching your harvest dwindle. Another benefit of the scrog... partial frame for frost cover ready to roll lol... definitely also covered for a week long downpour in late flower. All this is totally easier than buying a goddamn tent. šŸ™„šŸ¤£
Mine handled dips below 30, but that was October.......I'm going to build "umbrellas" for late season rains, and I think I'm going to get a heat gun.......for drying after the rains and for hopefully helping them get through the first few weeks if we get October frost, and chances are we will.

I dont care if it's just 1 year, but I want to see a Sativa get 10, 15 ft tall untouched. If we can get a fall like last year and I can harvest Nov 1st that would be awesome. I know it's gotta be mostly luck......

TSD

TSD

Ok, the verdict is in:
ā€¢ Ayahuasca Purple
ā€¢ Cinderella 99 XX (I think)
ā€¢ Grandmommy Purple
ā€¢ LSD
ā€¢ Shaman
ā€¢ Strawberry Lemonade
ā€¢ Mimosa X Orange Punch
ā€¢ 2 autos, not sure which yet.

Annnd any second string picks that get planted due to no pops or mishaps. Second string options are:
ā€¢ Bruce Banner #3
ā€¢ Candy Dawg
ā€¢ A random cross from my neighbor pollinatingmey SSH 2 years ago lol,
ā€¢ Super Silver Haze X Mystery weed

That's 7 photos. I will probably do the autos in pots and maybe even a photo or two in a pot... depends how I organize the garden. Now to wait about a month to start this year's babies... not looking like the auto currently in my closet will be done by the time I need to start, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Ok, the verdict is in:
ā€¢ Ayahuasca Purple
ā€¢ Cinderella 99 XX (I think)
ā€¢ Grandmommy Purple
ā€¢ LSD
ā€¢ Shaman
ā€¢ Strawberry Lemonade
ā€¢ Mimosa X Orange Punch
ā€¢ 2 autos, not sure which yet.

Annnd any second string picks that get planted due to no pops or mishaps. Second string options are:
ā€¢ Bruce Banner #3
ā€¢ Candy Dawg
ā€¢ A random cross from my neighbor pollinatingmey SSH 2 years ago lol,
ā€¢ Super Silver Haze X Mystery weed

That's 7 photos. I will probably do the autos in pots and maybe even a photo or two in a pot... depends how I organize the garden. Now to wait about a month to start this year's babies... not looking like the auto currently in my closet will be done by the time I need to start, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Thats cool its almost exactly what i picked.
Just push that auto to the corner if she isnt done yet. Im contemplating 30 gallon pot or a hole for 30 gallons of soil.

TSD

TSD

Thats cool its almost exactly what i picked.
Just push that auto to the corner if she isnt done yet. Im contemplating 30 gallon pot or a hole for 30 gallons of soil.
Yeah that's the plan, but it's only a 3x4 closet, and come May, it's usually packed to the brim with my ladies waiting on spring. I can always hang the Mars in a corner or something for the first bit of veg, I start the seedlings with only the fluorescent for at least 2 weeks anyway. Orrrr if I hustle up some cash flow by then I can buy a damn tent and stop doing shit like the cheapskate that I am lol.

ninjadip

ninjadip

These will be my 2023 outdoor run. Probably grow 6-8, not sure yet.
BARNEY'S FARM:
ā€¢ Strawberry Lemonade- 60% sativa/40% Indica- 24% THC
ā€¢ Mimosa X Orange Punch-
65% Indica/ 35% Sativa- 26-30%THC
ā€¢ LSD- 70% indica/ 30% Sativa- 25% THC
ā€¢ Ayahuasca Purple- Pure Indica- 21% THC

DUTCH PASSION:
ā€¢ Durban Poison- Pure Sativaā€ 16-22% THC (probably save this one for inside, don't think I can finish a Pure Sativa outside here...plus the seed isn't the best looking)
ā€¢ Shaman- 75% Sativa/ 25% Indica- 14% THC

HERBIE'S:
ā€¢ Grandmommy Purple- 80% Indica/ 30% Sativa- 30% THC
ā€¢ Bruce Banner #3- 60% Sativa/ 40% Indica- 27% THC

SEEDSTOCKERS:
These were freebies and may in fact be autos, not really sure.
ā€¢BCN Critical XXL- hybrid ???
ā€¢Candy Dawg- Indica Dom ??

Fast Buds
ā€¢Lemon Pie Auto- 50/50- 24%THC

RANDOM FREEBIES UNKNOWN BREEDERS:
ā€¢Amnesia Lemon- 60% Sativa/ 40%Indica- 21%THC (grew one last year, liked it)
ā€¢Zkittlez- 40% Indica/ 60% Sativaz 22% THC
ā€¢ Gorilla Glue- Indica dom ?
Thanks for the input.... for those that don't know, I grow outdoor in the Northeast.
That Amnesia Lemon might be from Barney's, says they have the strain name trademarked

I recognize it because I have one of those I'm gonna grow this year as well, so def a vote for that one!

I bet you that Mimosa X Orange Punch will be nice as well

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

That Amnesia Lemon might be from Barney's, says they have the strain name trademarked

I recognize it because I have one of those I'm gonna grow this year as well, so def a vote for that one!

I bet you that Mimosa X Orange Punch will be nice as well
Yes I think it is, I grew one last year and it's great, very happy energetic buzz, motivation in a dube... tastes and smells amazing too. They were on the list of freebies for my Herbie's order so I snatched em up to have in my stash. That will be on my second string list too, not because I don't love it, I've just been smoking it since November in rotation with the others. Probably have about a QP of it left.

TSD

TSD

Last year's Amnesia Lemon
20221026 114347

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

ayahuasca purple is my vote!! but im a newbie so what do i know

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yes I think it is, I grew one last year and it's great, very happy energetic buzz, motivation in a dube... tastes and smells amazing too. They were on the list of freebies for my Herbie's order so I snatched em up to have in my stash. That will be on my second string list too, not because I don't love it, I've just been smoking it since November in rotation with the others. Probably have about a QP of it left.
awesome! I can't wait to grow/harvest it as well, i can only hope my harvest will be as good as yours

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah that's the plan, but it's only a 3x4 closet, and come May, it's usually packed to the brim with my ladies waiting on spring. I can always hang the Mars in a corner or something for the first bit of veg, I start the seedlings with only the fluorescent for at least 2 weeks anyway. Orrrr if I hustle up some cash flow by then I can buy a damn tent and stop doing shit like the cheapskate that I am lol.
Oh, closet looked bigger in the photos, my mistake, and yeah i get the whole being a cheapskate, i had a hard time soemding 5 dollars on rope today...

TSD

TSD

Oh, closet looked bigger in the photos, my mistake, and yeah i get the whole being a cheapskate, i had a hard time soemding 5 dollars on rope today...
Yeah my 4 ft shop lights don't fit by like an inch lol. The whole room is up for grabs really, it's a spare room, no bed even in it currently (because my dbag cat got locked in there and pissed on the mattress so it got trashed.) Room is about 11x7... apparently they didn't build by even numbers in 1891. šŸ¤£ Might just turn the whole thing into a grow room if hubs will let me. My only concern is the power draw for a big light... my electrical is definitely due for an update.

sambapati

sambapati

Northeast. Northern NY. I know Sativas are hard here, but I make it work. Finished an Amnesia Lemon and Super Silver Haze last year, SSH is like 70% Sativa and Amnesia Lemon is 60... I think. Probably won't attempt the pure Sativa Durban Poison, that's pushing it.
Skaneateles was home for 1 year. It snowed everyday except 4th of July. Beautiful lil town.

TSD

TSD

Skaneateles was home for 1 year. It snowed everyday except 4th of July. Beautiful lil town.
That's near Syracuse right? I'm about 3 hours North... Slightly Northeast, of Syracuse. Lots of pretty little towns in NY... too bad the taxes and politics make it suck here lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah my 4 ft shop lights don't fit by like an inch lol. The whole room is up for grabs really, it's a spare room, no bed even in it currently (because my dbag cat got locked in there and pissed on the mattress so it got trashed.) Room is about 11x7... apparently they didn't build by even numbers in 1891. šŸ¤£ Might just turn the whole thing into a grow room if hubs will let me. My only concern is the power draw for a big light... my electrical is definitely due for an update.
See now thats why i dont like cats. They piss all over everything given the opportunity.

I was popping breakers left and right when i first started growing. Now my dryer, furnace, water heater, radiant oil heater, and tents have their own circuit. Was worth the cost.

TSD

TSD

See now thats why i dont like cats. They piss all over everything given the opportunity.

I was popping breakers left and right when i first started growing. Now my dryer, furnace, water heater, radiant oil heater, and tents have their own circuit. Was worth the cost.
Mine are good so long as they don't get locked in somewhere with no box... she's 17, poor girl can't hold it.

It's not so much tripping breakers I'm worried about, the boxes are newer and have modern breakers... but the actual wiring in the walls is old, like the 50s and older fabric wrapped shit... it's that I don't trust to carry the load without overheating.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Mine are good so long as they don't get locked in somewhere with no box... she's 17, poor girl can't hold it.

It's not so much tripping breakers I'm worried about, the boxes are newer and have modern breakers... but the actual wiring in the walls is old, like the 50s and older fabric wrapped shit... it's that I don't trust to carry the load without overheating.
Okay well then she can be excused cause i wouldnt hold it if i were a cat at 17... lol.
Yeah that fabric wrapped wire is dangerous imo. Ive changed out so much of it, my father was a residential electrician for 32 years and i worked with him from 8 years old until i graduated high school. Stuff makes a mess too when you start removing it. I get why you dont trust it to carry a load like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom