Who's left in the Loompa Challenge and what are you running?

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Out of 5 BX2 I had 2 dudes,2 herms,and one intersexing chick that didn't pop any sacks after being cleaned up,but it got hit by her sisters' pollen,which wasn't sterile.I'm letting a friend run the clones to see if it was a fluke.@loompa was cool about it,apologetic,and encouraged me to post the results.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I haven't had any hermi issues with the bx2's Or moondawgs.. I ended up with 4 bx2 females and 3 moondawg females. I haven't popped my f3's,foodogd or snowman yet though.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Correction 1 foo. 1 snowman. Still trimming other. Was very hard to see not a sign until harvest. U know what that means. Baby got seeds. Considering 2 dif could be didn't like my style. Have to perhaps wine and dine them a little more. M

Last edited:
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Just got done sexing Silver Bubster and Abominable Snowman. On the Bubster we had 10 seeds and on the Snowman we had 12. The Bubster had 6 runty growing plants and 4 normal growing plants. Out of the 4 normal Bubster's 2 were male and 2 were female. We are not going to sex the runts just yet but rather clone them to keep around for when there is time and space to sex and flower them. Really happy with the Silver Bubster's so far. And even happier with the the Abdominal Snowman's. The Snowman's have been nothing but 100% from the get go. Out of the 12 seeds we started of the Snowman 4 were male and 8 were female. Going to have a great selection on Abominable Snowman. Really stoked! Big shout out to @loompa for breeding the elite and a big shout out @Gamrstwin36 for making this all possible. Thank you guys!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Just got done sexing Silver Bubster and Abominable Snowman. On the Bubster we had 10 seeds and on the Snowman we had 12. The Bubster had 6 runty growing plants and 4 normal growing plants. Out of the 4 normal Bubster's 2 were male and 2 were female. We are not going to sex the runts just yet but rather clone them to keep around for when there is time and space to sex and flower them. Really happy with the Silver Bubster's so far. And even happier with the the Abdominal Snowman's. The Snowman's have been nothing but 100% from the get go. Out of the 12 seeds we started of the Snowman 4 were male and 8 were female. Going to have a great selection on Abominable Snowman. Really stoked! Big shout out to @loompa for breeding the elite and a big shout out @Gamrstwin36 for making this all possible. Thank you guys!

View attachment 450763

Outstanding @GrowAholiC good to hear the Loompa Gear is Payin out sweet . . . . .
Does anyone know what elevation these were bred at? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it

abstract theory,

Cool moist = Fem
warm dry = Male
by controlling the release of the male or female chromosomes in the seed while inside the shell it is plausible to increase or decrease male to female plant ratios.... by the plants genes all regular seeds start with both

Some scientist and botanists suggest inn case study, SOME control of gender selection by controlled environmental apex has merit.
If you put 10 seeds in a cup of water or on a paper towel and that temp is at or above 80 the oils in the seed will be warm right quick release of the male hormone inducing active RNA to develop and asign the male side of the chromosome with in the seed itself,
We all see males as more vigorous growers thinker stemming and tall Gangly and to spread there pollen they get tall quick... Its their job fast is better . . . . .
So in the same scenario if you keep your damp germination at or neer 70 72 and maintain a PH of 5.7 5.9 the oil in the seed the female hormones are signaled 1st and stand better chance of expressing themselves into the plants chromosomal make up.
speculative not FACT..... But it cant hurt your chances ya know ?

IMHO and what I have read Could aid in better odds of higher number of Females inn any given pac of Breeders seeds. and thats what most of us want right?
super Loompa Vibes
FlyJ

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
Does anyone know what elevation these were bred at? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it
Some beans were bred inside some out . Some were made closer to sea level others up to 3000 ft. I don't think it makes any difference in my experiences. It's great to see some are having fantastic results , which has been my experience as well. I believe there are keepers in every pack . I'd like to encourage everyone to not give up on the slower sexing / growing seeds . I've found a higher concentration of the ud/lhb leaning phenos amongst the later sexing slower developing seedlings . I truly wish everything would be perfect for everyone . The true test as some of you know is in the clone run . For those that aren't having luck or may be dissapointed we encourage you too to post your findings or contact us and we will do what we can to make everyone happy. Our goal after all is to make a better tomorrow for everyone. Together we can and will succeed.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Outstanding @GrowAholiC good to hear the Loompa Gear is Payin out sweet . . . . .

abstract theory,

Cool moist = Fem
warm dry = Male
by controlling the release of the male or female chromosomes in the seed while inside the shell it is plausible to increase or decrease male to female plant ratios.... by the plants genes all regular seeds start with both

Some scientist and botanists suggest inn case study, SOME control of gender selection by controlled environmental apex has merit.
If you put 10 seeds in a cup of water or on a paper towel and that temp is at or above 80 the oils in the seed will be warm right quick release of the male hormone inducing active RNA to develop and asign the male side of the chromosome with in the seed itself,
We all see males as more vigorous growers thinker stemming and tall Gangly and to spread there pollen they get tall quick... Its their job fast is better . . . . .
So in the same scenario if you keep your damp germination at or neer 70 72 and maintain a PH of 5.7 5.9 the oil in the seed the female hormones are signaled 1st and stand better chance of expressing themselves into the plants chromosomal make up.
speculative not FACT..... But it cant hurt your chances ya know ?

IMHO and what I have read Could aid in better odds of higher number of Females inn any given pac of Breeders seeds. and thats what most of us want right?
super Loompa Vibes
FlyJ

Very interesting. Sure as hell can't hurt .

Thanks @FlyinJStable

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Yep. No disappointment @Oom pah pah Looking forward to running the clones always the best. Herming can be caused by many thangs. Not just seeds. Grower error. Heat. Nutes. Like I said more wine and dine. Both are awesome plants even with a little seed. So nice I never saw way deep. Just imagine what she will be like with all her energy put into flowering Keeper for sure.

Last edited:
wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

forcing plants to flower before they are sexually mature may be related to the high number of males being found
some genotypes are ready in a couple months while others may take as much as 9 months
food for thought

fwiw

SnowCreature

SnowCreature

Yetis are some quick rooters!
I have an entire run of clones already rooted and vegging!
Major vigor!

urbanite420

urbanite420

Sorry homes but i have to drop out of this one...all my kiddos died when i transferred them outdoors. i am assuming that a rabbit ate a bunch of my plants as well as some of my other prized plants were eaten to the nub as well. i still have more beans but i have other projects i want to progress. lets just say i owe you on this one...

I'm in w yeti f3s, moondawgs, and foodog f3s. Cloned each plant of 40 and am flipping after a 7 day veg asap

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The early push to show sex . . . . . . . . way interesting thought, Looking back Im just taking mental notes about it
and who cut early clone prior to seeing the stagger branching, I was told never to take a cut too soon or that to can stress UN-sexed or immature plant... FYI the more we share the more to learn and toss what we find don't stay green....
Peace to all
FlyJ

Top Bottom