Why Are My Leave Stems Red?

• Thread starter Newtogrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Just wanted to know what to do. Need a little help!! My stems are bright red, and I also noticed the the leaves are changing a little. I use cal-mag and jungle juice grow, micro, bloom. In a gallon of water I mix 4ml grow, 8ml micro and 16mls bloom and 5mls of cal-mag or calimagic.
Why are my leave stems red
Why are my leave stems red 2

fatawa

fatawa

Ph or u need p&k.not thqt this has to do w/stems but looks like yur slightly warm too.edges of serated fan leaves r curling

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Ph or u need p&k.not thqt this has to do w/stems but looks like yur slightly warm too.edges of serated fan leaves r curling
The ph is 6.2 to 6.5. Dumb question for ya what is p&k? lolol. The temp in my closet grow is 78-80 degrees, the humidity is 63-65. At night when the lights are out it gets about 75-76 in the closet.

fatawa

fatawa

Potassium,phosphorus..do u kno much bout "npk"?im thinking no...shud of read better b4 starting...what r u growing n dirt,water?temps n humidity sound good.u hav a fan whipping shit around n there?

fatawa

fatawa

U say closet grow n my mind goes straight to stagnant warm air...do u hav fresh coming n?old air going out?plus a rotating fan?this is what u want

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I think maybe too much magnesium and calcium is locking out the phosphorous.

What medium and water are used?
The water that I use is reverse osmosis water the ph is always 6.0 to 6.5. I also use fox farms organic soil. I've had these red stems before and nothing happened. Maybe this time, I don't know. Peace Out!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

20170713 141613
U say closet grow n my mind goes straight to stagnant warm air...do u hav fresh coming n?old air going out?plus a rotating fan?this is what u want
Yes I have the air circulating in the room with 3 fans. Right now its 79 degrees and 60 humidity.

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

Im a hydro guy so on if soil i wud grab someone better.but like my swing is 5.8-6.2.once in flower i keep mine 6.0-6.2.u wanna b n yur latter for flower.. @MIMedGrower knows his stuff tho id follow wat he says on this

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im a hydro guy so on if soil i wud grab someone better.but like my swing is 5.8-6.2.once in flower i keep mine 6.0-6.2.u wanna b n yur latter for flower.. @MIMedGrower knows his stuff tho id follow wat he says on this

Thanks I appreciate the compliment. But I am no expert. I like to test my knowledge every day and hopefully learn something new.

Here I think with the concentration of full line nutes being used the cal mag may be too much for sensitive plants. Even with ro water.

I would lightly leach with some fresh water to dissolve some of the excess salts and then pour in a new lighter mix without the cal mag to runoff and check the ec.

And give the plant some time to show the results.

Basically re set the pot and eliminate as many variables as possible while keeping the plant happy.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Thanks I appreciate the compliment. But I am no expert. I like to test my knowledge every day and hopefully learn something new.

Here I think with the concentration of full line nutes being used the cal mag may be too much for sensitive plants. Even with ro water.

I would lightly leach with some fresh water to dissolve some of the excess salts and then pour in a new lighter mix without the cal mag to runoff and check the ec.

And give the plant some time to show the results.

Basically re set the pot and eliminate as many variables as possible while keeping the plant happy.
Much appreciated!!!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hi @MIMedGrower, the last feeding was 2 days ago and they each got just plain reverse osmosis. I do the pot lift test to see how light they get. Do you think I should just give it plain ro water again and skip the next feeding. The pots are starting to get lighter.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi @MIMedGrower, the last feeding was 2 days ago and they each got just plain reverse osmosis. I do the pot lift test to see how light they get. Do you think I should just give it plain ro water again and skip the next feeding. The pots are starting to get lighter.

I am not familiar with your nute line but when I see leaf stress I leach lightly. 1 gallon of fresh water to my 3 gal pots for about 20% runoff. Test ec. See if it's too yellow. Murky or brown. And then run a lighter mix through to finish cleaning out the excess salts and like I said re charge or re balance the medium.

really need to see the whole plant to know much. NPK tends to effect bottom leaves first. Micros top leaves.

This is a pretty general technique for container gardening.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I am not familiar with your nute line but when I see leaf stress I leach lightly. 1 gallon of fresh water to my 3 gal pots for about 20% runoff. Test ec. See if it's too yellow. Murky or brown. And then run a lighter mix through to finish cleaning out the excess salts and like I said re charge or re balance the medium.

really need to see the whole plant to know much. NPK tends to effect bottom leaves first. Micros top leaves.

Here's a pic...
20170709 105803
20170709 105814

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I use 3 gallon pots too. I use the same system as you do. 1 gallon to each pot. On the runoff the excess looks really clean. clear

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

The water that I use is reverse osmosis water the ph is always 6.0 to 6.5. I also use fox farms organic soil. I've had these red stems before and nothing happened. Maybe this time, I don't know. Peace Out!

Could just mean the plant is under some stress Iv had a few plants do that to if your ph is where is should u will b fine

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use 3 gallon pots too. I use the same system as you do. 1 gallon to each pot. On the runoff the excess looks really clean. clear

Your plants just look a little hungry now that I can see the whole pic.

Do the nute directions up the bloom and stop the Grow next?

It looks like it's ready for more.

Top Bottom