Why are my leaves clawing

• Thread starter Gboi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThirtyThreeIV

yeah I am pretty sure it was lockout. I flushed on Saturday, going to use Florakleen with my next watering, should be here tomorrow
I cut my oceanforest with coco coir. I then don’t fertilize with anything but microbe tea for the first month. Here’s how the low nutrient start looks-
They were transplanted into the fabric from 1g plastic just a few days ago, before transplant they would be super light before i watered/feed. I didn't go overboard on the flush on Saturday just ran PH'd water through the 7G at about 2-2.5 gallons. The 3 that hadn't transplanted yet got about a gallon each. I had been letting the runoff soak back up, and not sure why I was thinking that would be ok, now they are on risers. I believe that is why I got lockup. My other 3 grows I was doing the same thing similar problems with brown spots. I thought it was lack of something like calcium/Magnesium defentiancy, or my tap water so i switch to RO with Calmag suppliment. Now i think all 3 grows before i was locking them up because i didn't discard the runoff just let them soak it back up. I have just been learning on my own the last year, then stumbled along the THCFarmer Forums a few days ago and decided I needed help.
when I started growing I had similar problems. What I learned eventually is that less is more. Also, if your soil medium is correct, you can create a situation where you can’t mess up the watering, which is the source of 99% of the problems that people have. Poor watering practices are every new growers bane without them even knowing it

IMG 0097
IMG 0215
IMG 0261
B

Ben.Jamin

I cut my oceanforest with coco coir. I then don’t fertilize with anything but microbe tea for the first month. Here’s how the low nutrient start looks-

when I started growing I had similar problems. What I learned eventually is that less is more. Also, if your soil medium is correct, you can create a situation where you can’t mess up the watering, which is the source of 99% of the problems that people have. Poor watering practices are every new growers bane without them even knowing it
I appreciate the advice, thank you. question what do you gain from planting your grow bag in a larger pot? I have limited space in my 4×4 trays so that would not work well for me but I am curious.

T

ThirtyThreeIV

If you read through the thread, you can see a bunch of those questions answered, not being jerk btw.

I am using Pro-Mix BX specifically this one

Nutes - Advanced Nutreints Micro Grow Bloom.
CalMag + Nitrogen added to RO water on non feed days, and feed I only add in the MGB at recommended dose with no calmag added
I personally find there to be a huge difference between peat based soils and coco coir based soils

P

PopPop67

OK you guys have be wondering about how I flush out my plants now.

I think I have been doing a good job when I flush my plants if I'm not doing it in a good way please let me know

When I flush I take my grow bags outside and set them on a grill grate 2 inches off the ground. I turn on my sub pump witch pumps rain water out of 55 gallon tanks full of fresh rain water. I keep spraying the rain water on top of the grow bags until in starts coming out the bottom of the bag looking clear like clean fresh water. I let them stay off the ground in full sun till the runoff stops dripping out then about 1 extra hour. Then I move them back to my tents and wait a day or 2 for them to dry out enough to need watering and I always only use water for the first and second watering after a flush. When they are ready for the 3rd watering I feed them 50% strength nuts. This seams to be working good for me but that doesn't mean I am doing it right or could I be doing it a better way. PopPop

Top Bottom