Why are my leaves curling up. I just went to a 12/12 light schedule

• Thread starter jsmcmichael
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Back the light off. Did you turn the light up too? Maybe turn it back down and gradually over a period of time increase it.

What’s your watering habits and in to what medium?

J

jsmcmichael

Why are my leaves doing this. Curling up.
I have the lights as far away from the plant as i can. About ten inches and no dimmer. Adding half gallon every 2 days in 3 gallon fabric pot. Fox farms soil.

Last edited:
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

What light are you running? 10 inches away and that’s as far away as you can go? Your plant is gonna double in size in like 2-3 weeks

J

jsmcmichael

Yes. Its 35” inches from floor to top of canopy and 19 weeks old. Running 2- spider farmer sf- 1000’s in a24x48 x60 tent.Thought it was an auto but never flowered. Went to full dark for 2 days and started back at 12/12 3 days ago to spark flowering.

Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

Yes. Its 35” inches from floor to top of canopy and 19 weeks old. Running 2- spider farmer sf- 1000’s in a24x48 x60 tent.Thought it was an auto but never flowered. Went to full dark for 2 days and started back at 12/12 3 days ago to spark flowering.
If you were trying to shock treat them I think you succeeded. Were they fine before the 2 day dark period experiment to make them flower?

freezeland2

freezeland2

How are the lights suspended? Can you remove the height adjusters and hang directly from ceiling of whatever grow space they are in? That might buy you more distance between light and canopy.

J

jsmcmichael

They were about the same before the dark period. I was able to re-route the exhaust duct and raise the light about another 12” .

freezeland2

freezeland2

They were about the same before the dark period. I was able to re-route the exhaust duct and raise the light about another 12” .
I’d leave them alone now and see how they respond to the reduced light intensity. Keep them on 12/12 and maintain all other parameters at proper levels. Might take a day or two to show improvement if it was the light they were not happy with.

freezeland2

freezeland2

The purple stems could be a sign of a mag deficiency or possibly a phosphorus def. Have you fed them at all? It might also explain the trouble with starting flowering.

Last edited:
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I've seen this before on an autoflower that got too much light and too much nitrogen. If your feed is on point I would guess the light shock of 2 days dark could be responsible.

If possible I would reduce light intensity to let them recover for a few days as recommended above.

Top Bottom