Why Are My Leaves Growing Three Fingers? Let Me Tell You Why

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Damn those root aphids! Haven't had 'em in a while (knocking on wood now!) lol. I have had a terrible time with the thrips the last two years tho. So many outside and I take every precaution but they find their way to garden and straight to the good stuff always. I swear they've got it out for me. I've read people who say there's no issues with them growing outdoors and they are mostly a nuisance pest, but they will kill your plants in quick fashion if not caught early and carry diseases a plenty. I lost 4 outside to them this year and I think they had tobacco mosaic virus from what I can figure. And the poke holes all in the stalks causing them to starve and snap. The adults are some nasty looking critters too, yuck..skin crawling just thinking about them lol. I have some in quarantine and using Spinosad to kill them and bottom feeding to try to keep the diatomaceous earth top dressing dry. Slowly getting a hold on them as we speak. Btw Sea, what's your favorite Sativa to work with? If you had to choose only one, I know it's hard lol so I'll accept your top 3 lol. Best, Irie.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have an issue with them in my aquaponics garden, but they're focused on the salad greens (I even have some undescribed Lactuca spp) and never moved over to the cannabis last summer. I probably won't be able to put that to the test this year.

My favorite Sativa to work with...??? Oh, man... let me go back through my mental files. Ok, there was one, I'm pretty sure I got it from brother Loran, I'm not 100% sure but she was a Berry something, he called her. She made 'ropey' buds, tiny buds that 'roped' up the stalks. She was a great smoke. The best I've smoked so far are two Jacks, Jack Herer and Jack's Cleaner. Both cut through the haze really cleanly. I've never gotten beans or cuts so haven't been able to grow them out.

I've been using Spinosad to very good results getting rid of fungus gnats/fruit flies. I had a real problem, then my neighbor told me to start bleaching my drains and that helped a LOT, then I started using Spinosad on my avocado and BANG, no more tiny flies!

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I have an issue with them in my aquaponics garden, but they're focused on the salad greens (I even have some undescribed Lactuca spp) and never moved over to the cannabis last summer. I probably won't be able to put that to the test this year.

My favorite Sativa to work with...??? Oh, man... let me go back through my mental files. Ok, there was one, I'm pretty sure I got it from brother Loran, I'm not 100% sure but she was a Berry something, he called her. She made 'ropey' buds, tiny buds that 'roped' up the stalks. She was a great smoke. The best I've smoked so far are two Jacks, Jack Herer and Jack's Cleaner. Both cut through the haze really cleanly. I've never gotten beans or cuts so haven't been able to grow them out.

I've been using Spinosad to very good results getting rid of fungus gnats/fruit flies. I had a real problem, then my neighbor told me to start bleaching my drains and that helped a LOT, then I started using Spinosad on my avocado and BANG, no more tiny flies!
I love my Jacks, Sea!! I have 3 different cuts and one 35 days into flower at the moment. She's not as tall as the others but talk about frosty and such a beautiful lady. It has about 12 tops that are filling in from the bottom node to the top so I think the yield should be pretty decent. I haven't actually run this one before but quickly becoming my favorite to grow. That plant with the ropey buds sounds way cool! Any chance you can find out what she was. I love those weird growing Sativa plants and I really want to run the Dr Grinspoon, but definitely not from the Greenhouse seed company. Have you ever tried her? I don't care about the long flower time and low yield, I just want to grow those little lime green tiny balls of bud. I am on the hunt for a good cut or reputable seed company that has her now.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Yes, I love Spinosad and also I've heard of mixing a teaspoon of bleach per gallon and using it as a root drench. I have never tried it so I can't recommend it, but have heard it from several sources that are legit.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Wow, that is odd with 6 blades. Does it stay like that once the mutation has occurred? Btw my mom is a horticulturist and she works extensively with Ivy and almost all of the different varieties come from a simple leaf mutation, so it's not a bad thing at all. I thought my 3 blades were cool 'till know :/ lol. Best, Irie.
Actually 6 is EVEN! LOL I crack myself up sometimes.

This is the first time I have seen her do this in the 4 years that I have had her. I haven't seen it anywhere else on the plant except for that one spot that I took a cutting from, but I will most certainly be keeping an eye out for it.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Actually 6 is EVEN! LOL I crack myself up sometimes.

This is the first time I have seen her do this in the 4 years that I have had her. I haven't seen it anywhere else on the plant except for that one spot that I took a cutting from, but I will most certainly be keeping an eye out for it.
Nice one! Yea, I noticed that right after I posted it lol. I will say it's "rare" then.

BudMateNZ

BudMateNZ

I didn't read the entire thread, But this can also begin to happen because of poor genetics.

By that i mean, once you clone a plant several times instead of using a "mother" plant, It will start to become unstable.

Edit: This will happen to any plant if you force it to live long enough.

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So, last night while tending to my ladies I noticed that a few of my Skywalker ladies are throwing 6's. Then this morning when I went in to snap a picture, I noticed one had thrown a 7. As I stated earlier in the thread, I've had this cut for about 5 years now, and she has never thrown anything more than a 5. She's more than likely a cut from a cut from a cut from a cut......and so on.

Could it be that she's just happier and healthier than she's ever been since I got her?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am still totally trippin' on the even #'d lobes. Lookin' good!

Growfellaz

Growfellaz

I have an dhn boss og that was transplanted and month ago into 100 gallon pot and was vegging fine along with other strains now it looks like it is flowering I have the same strain at another yard in another town and it's doing the same thing any idea why?

20160621 112434
20160621 112430
C

cameron38930

Atleast they have three. I'm trying to find a place in the world for the ones that took off with one finger. I have never seen anything like it. Crazy year.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That looks nothing like cannabis, not even the leaf veins look right. I'm curious to see how it grows out.
I have an dhn boss og that was transplanted and month ago into 100 gallon pot and was vegging fine along with other strains now it looks like it is flowering I have the same strain at another yard in another town and it's doing the same thing any idea why?
Did you start with a seed or a clone? If a clone, read from the start of the thread (I agree, it looks like it's confused) to understand what's happening.

Growfellaz

Growfellaz

That looks nothing like cannabis, not even the leaf veins look right. I'm curious to see how it grows out.

Did you start with a seed or a clone? If a clone, read from the start of the thread (I agree, it looks like it's confused) to understand what's happening.
Clone from dark heart nursery...maybe others are growing it this year and having the same problem?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, clones are going to do this unless they've been properly acclimated, and to do that in the best manner possible seems to require a special computer program. Interrupting the dark phase of the photoperiod until after the daylight hours match what the clones were grown on is how I usually handle them.

Does that make sense?

In other words, in my experience, taking a clone that's been grown on, let's say 18/6, and putting it outside is a guarantee it's going to flip into flower. In my experience reducing daylight phase (and thus increasing dark phase) by as little as one hour can cause them to flip.

ken dog

ken dog

Very insightful @Seamaiden ... something so important when buying clones, yet so overlooked... Well done!

I for one, missed it.

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

What would be your guess on these 2 seedlings, same pots, possibly different strains, bagseed... a three lobe and a single

IMG 20160801 134721
JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

I been thinking CFL was weak should I add another light or invest for MH Light...? CFL I was already expecting to veg one plt, once I could sex them, veg for 8 months before flowering, outta the original 5, these are the last 2, may just have to buy mj for the rest of my life...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm tellin' ya, those look like the seedlings I had in the acid-loving potting mix and they didn't straighten out until I transplanted them to a proper potting soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom