Why are my leaves looking like this?

• Thread starter 420DankBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420DankBud

420DankBud

I’m on week 5 of flower with super skunk strain from ILGM. Everything has went relatively smooth, but for the last few days I’ve noticed dark purple/black spots on a few leaves on all 4 plants. Some are more defined and others are more diffuse on the leaves. It doesn’t wipe off or have any texture but I started noticing more leaves with it. I don’t think this looks like mold but was worried it could be some type of fungus. I’ve included a picture of one of the leaves with the more diffuse purple/black appearance. I’ll add more pictures later this evening once I get back to my grow. Would love to hear anyones thoughts!

Why are my leaves looking like this

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Can’t tell much from that pic, although does look like some nutrient burn.

420DankBud

420DankBud

Can’t tell much from that pic, although does look like some nutrient burn.
S
I’m on week 5 of flower with super skunk strain from ILGM. Everything has went relatively smooth, but for the last few days I’ve noticed dark purple/black spots on a few leaves on all 4 plants. Some are more defined and others are more diffuse on the leaves. It doesn’t wipe off or have any texture but I started noticing more leaves with it. I don’t think this looks like mold but was worried it could be some type of fungus. I’ve included a picture of one of the leaves with the more diffuse purple/black appearance. I’ll add more pictures later this evening once I get back to my grow. Would love to hear anyones thoughts!

View attachment 1220223
here are some more pics of other leaves. I’m hoping it could be nutrient burn (just fed plants about 2 days ago).

7025444C 3E79 42AC 8037 45BE5AF42824
DB4F8B19 AD44 45F5 AC8A 44959EF8A0BE
36886A79 4694 43B6 97B3 67F8D4C2ECB6
Silk689

Silk689

Yooo my bro. You have a deficiency problem which is due to your ph being off. It looks to me like a Molybdenum deficiency which usually happens when there is insufficient amounts of sulfur and phosphorus. This is what information i needto tell you exactly what’s happening:

1 - what is the PH and EC level going in?

2 - what is the PH and EC level coming out of that runoff water?

3 - how old is your meters & when were they last calibrated?

4 - whats the temp & humidity numbers?

once i have these answers it will be easier to determine the cause 😁👍🏽

420DankBud

420DankBud

Yooo my bro. You have a deficiency problem which is due to your ph being off. It looks to me like a Molybdenum deficiency which usually happens when there is insufficient amounts of sulfur and phosphorus. This is what information i needto tell you exactly what’s happening:

1 - what is the PH and EC level going in?

2 - what is the PH and EC level coming out of that runoff water?

3 - how old is your meters & when were they last calibrated?

4 - whats the temp & humidity numbers?

once i have these answers it will be easier to determine the cause 😁👍🏽
The pH has been stable with the happy frog soil I’ve been using. Nothing has changed since I planted the seeds so I can’t imagine my soil pH bring an issue. Happy frog also claims to have balanced pH that prevents major changes. As for the pH of my water going in, I’m not sure but I’ve tested my water pH before and it’s been between 6-7. Temp fluctuates between 68-77 degreees Fahrenheit. Humidity has been a bit high and hovers around 50-70% depending on when fans are running.
One detail I should’ve mentioned was that I just fed all plants with more nutrients than I recently have bc the bottle says to add more nutrients during the later flower stage. I use an all in one flower stage nutrient solution and add a small amount of cal/mag.

Silk689

Silk689

Hey man,

in order for anyone with solid experience to help you, you need to know exactly what the PH number is going in and whats coming out?? You cant just say between 6-7 because alot of nutrients can get locked out on that scale. 6.5 is what the magic number is your looking for. How far away are you from that? Also u have not said what the EC level is ur feeding? Or coming out? Have you got a truncheon??

as for humidity you need to look into a dehumidifier to really bring that down. Your temps are great 👍🏽.

420DankBud

420DankBud

Hey man,

in order for anyone with solid experience to help you, you need to know exactly what the PH number is going in and whats coming out?? You cant just say between 6-7 because alot of nutrients can get locked out on that scale. 6.5 is what the magic number is your looking for. How far away are you from that? Also u have not said what the EC level is ur feeding? Or coming out? Have you got a truncheon??

as for humidity you need to look into a dehumidifier to really bring that down. Your temps are great 👍🏽.
My bad for leaving out details I’m still learning as I go. I measured the pH from my runoff and it was just at 6.2. The meter I have doesn’t measure the soil pH. I was gone for the last 2 1/2 days and when I got back I realized the leaves were changing to purple…I think this is what I was noticing before but less obvious. Especially since I was plucking the leaves that developed the dark black/purple spots on them. I took some pics earlier tonight so lmk your thoughts!

28330EC2 5B74 4AE0 B384 4F7DAACCB4B5
29C03500 23D4 4C55 9F68 BC5144B269A5
Choppr

Choppr

Color changes can be caused by many different things, stress related phosphorus and/or magnesium deficient, colder temps will cause purple hues, You also have chlorosis are your pots too wet, or just slight lack of nitrogen, plants will still need some "N" during flower. I noticed too you should get pot-risers to get them pots up/out of the saucers so they drain freely. 6.2 is good PH also are u in soil or coco?

steamroller

steamroller

The pH has been stable with the happy frog soil I’ve been using. Nothing has changed since I planted the seeds so I can’t imagine my soil pH bring an issue. Happy frog also claims to have balanced pH that prevents major changes. As for the pH of my water going in, I’m not sure but I’ve tested my water pH before and it’s been between 6-7. Temp fluctuates between 68-77 degreees Fahrenheit. Humidity has been a bit high and hovers around 50-70% depending on when fans are running.
One detail I should’ve mentioned was that I just fed all plants with more nutrients than I recently have bc the bottle says to add more nutrients during the later flower stage. I use an all in one flower stage nutrient solution and add a small amount of cal/mag.

Color changes can be caused by many different things, stress related phosphorus and/or magnesium deficient, colder temps will cause purple hues, You also have chlorosis are your pots too wet, or just slight lack of nitrogen, plants will still need some "N" during flower. I noticed too you should get pot-risers to get them pots up/out of the saucers so they drain freely. 6.2 is good PH also are u in soil or coco?
OP says soil [ FFHF ]and all in one fert .
I think the all in one is the issue ?
Plants look good IMO and some do just change color .
I appreciate the fade to another color of a good plant if that is what it does .
I would not make drastic changes this late ,maybe small adjustments ,but mostly take note for future grows if you choose to repeat one of the strains

Adriaticos

Adriaticos

Your leaves look like this because you are not taking care of the plant correctly. You are probably not watering it enough. You can see shades of red pigment on the leaves in the pictures. This means that the plant is not comfortable where you have it. I hope you're not growing it in a pot. It's not a houseplant. I've been growing cannabis for a couple of years, and I haven't learned all its diseases yet. I'm just a salesman, and other people do the growing. My business is to open a point with https://parsl.co/dispensaries/ and sell it to give an accurate explanation of why the leaves have red pigment. I have to see the leaf in person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom