Why are my leaves wilting down?

• Thread starter eFeNGee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eFeNGee

eFeNGee

Hey guys,
I would appreciate your help with this problem. If it even is a problem. 😄

Leaves on my plants are wilting down like you can see on the photos.
My plants (Gorilla Zkittlez) are under four LEDs Marshydro TS3000 running on 45% @55cm above the canopy. Temperature is 29°C, humidity 75%, CO2 between 900-1000ppm. They're 14 days old, last watering was today (tap water with 20ml/10L Canna Vega and 20ml/10L.Canna Rhizotonic, pH 6.4), before that I watered them 3 days ago (tap water 40ml/10L Rhizotonic, pH 6.2). Plants are in Canna Terra Professional soil.
I transplanted them into 25L fabric pots like 3 days ago (messed up the roots a bit during the process), they got topped yesterday above the 4th node.
Almost all of them look like that except one.
Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? It's my first grow so it's pretty easy for me to freak out about little things. 😄
Thanks for your responses!

Why are my leaves wilting down
Why are my leaves wilting down 2
Why are my leaves wilting down 3
Why are my leaves wilting down 4
Why are my leaves wilting down 5
eFeNGee

eFeNGee

I'm not really sure how to tell if they're thirsty. 😄 The soil usually dries out on top after 3 days or so. Also watered them today and no changes after 6 hours.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I don't think repotting and topping all within a few days is good. Probably just stressed them out a little. Gotta find a method that works for your situation as far as watering goes. I prefer the lift and weigh method but with 25l pots, that's hard. Just going by wet or dry on top, or even close to it, ain't gonna cut it. Plants still pretty young but when they get bigger and roots are all the way down, you're in for water logged (rotten) roots. That means yellowing and dying leaves. Ask me how I know !!!!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Thats allot of light for such small plants, you want ur leaves reaching for the light, i would raise your lights and if that does not work cut back a bit on watering.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would be soaking the entire pot next watering and lift it up. Then wait till it’s way lighter. Then water the same way.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I would be soaking the entire pot next watering and lift it up. Then wait till it’s way lighter. Then water the same way.
They r 25 l pots. Never mind. My bust. 25 l = 6.6 gal. Liftable I guess.

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
6 gal? Just water till a bit comes out then don't water till you can lift the pot and tell its light like sawdust

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
You don't he-man it over your head, just grab each side lift a tiny bit and you can instantly tell its light.

When I was learning I got the same pot, filled it with the same soil and lifted it. Waited a day lifted, and repeated till I KNEW it was light.

Now I can just move it a little and I know.

Water till some, not much, comes out the bottom (teaspoons not cups)

That alone solves a LOT of grower issues.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Download an app to test your light levels asap would be my advice. I'm a newbie myself, also running Mars Hydro but running 2x TSL 2000 in a 4x4 side by side. I'm at a very similar stage, getting ready to top. I have only just finished moving my lights down from 55 to 45 cm. over a week or so, but I'm still only running them at 25%. I've attached a chart I'm using (again, get advice from more experience folk than myself, but most I've shown it to on here are pretty happy with it). I'm in the first week of proper veg (I grew from seed, but considered this the 'clone' period where very little light is needed, my 25% LED's were sitting 36" above during all this). Sat at 10-12 DLI during this phase, have moved up to 25 now, and it moves up to 38 across the coming week. I have an iPhone and the app I use is called Photone. It will instruct you to construct a paper band that wraps around the light sensor at the top of the phone to act as a diffuser, and you will then be able to get readings accurate enough to be useful to you in PPFD, Lux or DLI (one of those is a paid extra, it cost me like $12, paid it in a heartbeat). If you aren't familiar with these measurements, you can still just work off the chart and trust it, or watch some videos from Dr Bruce Bugbee. PPFD or photosynthetic photon flux density is a real measure of the number of photosynthetically useful photons that hit a square meter in a second. It's totally immune to marketing spin, and gets you past this whole, x wattage at y distance turned up to z percent. Each board will be somewhat different, so manufacturer's specs are only so useful, especially when there is a monetary incentive for them to inflate their numbers, which pretty much all do. You should be able to find good PAR maps on sites that do independent testing, to get an idea of the height where you get the most even spread of photons. For the TSL 2000 it's 14 inches, but will vary from light to light. Give yourself the tools to actually know what you're delivering to them rather than gutting it out. :)

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Download an app to test your light levels asap would be my advice. I'm a newbie myself, also running Mars Hydro but running 2x TSL 2000 in a 4x4 side by side. I'm at a very similar stage, getting ready to top. I have only just finished moving my lights down from 55 to 45 cm. over a week or so, but I'm still only running them at 25%. I've attached a chart I'm using (again, get advice from more experience folk than myself, but most I've shown it to on here are pretty happy with it). I'm in the first week of proper veg (I grew from seed, but considered this the 'clone' period where very little light is needed, my 25% LED's were sitting 36" above during all this). Sat at 10-12 DLI during this phase, have moved up to 25 now, and it moves up to 38 across the coming week. I have an iPhone and the app I use is called Photone. It will instruct you to construct a paper band that wraps around the light sensor at the top of the phone to act as a diffuser, and you will then be able to get readings accurate enough to be useful to you in PPFD, Lux or DLI (one of those is a paid extra, it cost me like $12, paid it in a heartbeat). If you aren't familiar with these measurements, you can still just work off the chart and trust it, or watch some videos from Dr Bruce Bugbee. PPFD or photosynthetic photon flux density is a real measure of the number of photosynthetically useful photons that hit a square meter in a second. It's totally immune to marketing spin, and gets you past this whole, x wattage at y distance turned up to z percent. Each board will be somewhat different, so manufacturer's specs are only so useful, especially when there is a monetary incentive for them to inflate their numbers, which pretty much all do. You should be able to find good PAR maps on sites that do independent testing, to get an idea of the height where you get the most even spread of photons. For the TSL 2000 it's 14 inches, but will vary from light to light. Give yourself the tools to actually know what you're delivering to them rather than gutting it out. :)
Chart sorry :D:D:D

IMG 1175
eFeNGee

eFeNGee

Thank you everybody for your advices!
So I adjusted the lights (thanks @Nectarivorous for the scheme, i'm familiar with ppfd measuring, DLI'n'stuff, but decided to ignore it and ramp up the lights a bit every other day until i see the light stress 😄).
Also I've given a nice drink (no nutes, just tap water, pH 6.4) to my girls as advised.
It did help, sort of, for like half a day.
BUT today i entered the grow room, looked at them girls and my frustration went through the roof. I've been even thinking about setting the whole room on fire. There's no change. Two of my 16 plants are still looking droopy, two others are still curly.
I wouldn't be so frustrated if i knew what i'm doing wrong, but the environment is on point, i've adjusted the lights to 350ppfd, watered them and still no changes.
I will upload photos in a minute.

eFeNGee

eFeNGee

Pictures 1,2,4,5: As you can see, some of them are lookin better, some are still droopy imo.
Pictures 3,8: These are the two plants that look droopy in detail.
Pictures 6,7: Those are the curly ones. Even the new growth is curly af, not sure if something is off or if it's just genetics, different pheno or what.

I mean don't get me wrong, they're still growing like crazy, some of the new shoots have like 3 nodes on some of them, I just don't like the overall appearance. 😄

20210811 174421
20210811 174449
20210811 174504
20210811 174513
20210811 174546
20210811 174427
20210811 174526
20210811 174604
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

29 deg is to hot for seedlings. Drop the temp down to 25 no hotter for a while.
Give each of your plants 1 liter of water, weight 5 min then another liter do this 3 times each plant.
Get a water meter.so you know how wet they are or are not
Soak them big time. Are you using PH test strips on the the water? Be very careful with the nutrients!
I'm seeing minor hooking
1/8th strength once a week is fine for a while when the plants double in size 1/4 strength. Double in size again go 1/2 strength
until you see buds forming then a blooming fertilizer. Canna Rhizotonic not needed.

Top Bottom