Why are my plants so seedy

• Thread starter Lllaadyel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lllaadyel

Hi, I purchased a bunch of seeds and for my first grow, I planted whiskey Zulu autoflower seeds. I learned a lot and had fun and now have my cured weed from my 3 plants. My question is, why is my weed so seedy? Did something go wrong? All three plants are VERY seedy.

thanks

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

During flowerin it could have got stressed and stated to herm why there so many seeds only thing i can think of myself

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

One or all of your plants produced some male flowers.

Consider another source of seeds next time.

L

Lllaadyel

Femenized seems?
Yes i believe they were. They were free seeds I got with my order. I will say also however that my daughter planted some bag seed that we got rid of because we suspected it was male.

L

Lllaadyel

One or all of your plants produced some male flowers.

Consider another source of seeds next time.
Hmm they did come from a seed bank that got very good reviews. Aren’t seed banks just the middleman and they sell from all different producers? i got Barney farm seeds, and also 410 fast buds from this bank.

Ponky

Ponky

Yes i believe they were. They were free seeds I got with my order. I will say also however that my daughter planted some bag seed that we got rid of because we suspected it was male.
Femenized seeds grow seedy buds.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hmm they did come from a seed bank that got very good reviews. Aren’t seed banks just the middleman and they sell from all different producers? i got Barney farm seeds, and also 410 fast buds from this bank.
I mean the breeder who made the seeds, not the seedbank.

Some breeders test their seeds for cross-sex traits and don't release them if they have them. All feminized seeds are not prone to hermie, but if you have fem (or regular) seeds that hermie, it's on the breeder, unless you have a light-leaky grow space.

Bahrain79

Bahrain79

I've never heard this before that feminized seeds produce seedy buds. I've grown feminized seeds for the last 5 years and have never had a seed. Is this from your personnel experience?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I see you bought auto flowers but were they feminized? If feminized I’ve grown feminized seeds for 15+ years and never had a male or hermie. And any auto I grew was feminized with no seeds.

Ponky

Ponky

I've never heard this before that feminized seeds produce seedy buds. I've grown feminized seeds for the last 5 years and have never had a seed. Is this from your personnel experience?
100% of the femenized seeds I've grown have had seeds. And 0% of the weed ice grown from clones have ever had seeds.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
If seeds develop it must have been from pollination either from a hermaphrodite plant or a male plant. Keep in mind if growing outdoors or even indoors with an unfiltered air-intake - pollen can travel MILES. This happens a lot around hemp farms especially ones that are focused on grain/fiber/seed/biomass because they do not cull the male plants like most flower farmers do.
There is actually a cross-pollination "work group" in Colorado that's trying to come up with some sort of solution to the problem.

Personally I don't think there's a damn thing they can do about it by law - and this "work group" was supposed to come up with answers by June, which has come and gone - so we'll see what happens.

Ponky

Ponky

I've had femenized plants growing next to plants from clones. Only the fem seeds had seedy bud. The plants from clone always fine. Something is wrong with the fem seeds I get.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I've had femenized plants growing next to plants from clones. Only the fem seeds had seedy bud. The plants from clone always fine. Something is wrong with the fem seeds I get.
Could be genetics - I know some strains are more prone to herm.

Ponky

Ponky

Could be genetics - I know some strains are more prone to herm.
So far that's my guess. But even the government seeds I bought did the same thing. So I just don't trust any fem seeds. Always get burned.

growsince79

growsince79

How did the clone beside it not get pollinated? OMG you might have a million dollar sterile / can't be pollinated clone. I'd make more cuts.

Top Bottom