Why are my plants yellowing?

• Thread starter Gboi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gboi420

Gboi420

I know I have been posting alot but I am just trying to learn. Earlier I posted how I was getting burnt tips on my plants. Even though I have given no nutrients in the whole grow. I am no longer getting burnt tips But now I am getting some yellowing on the plants. Don't know if this amount is normal. And instead of the whole leave clawing on each plant. Now the leaves are only clawing at the tips. I wanted to add nutrients because I figured they were lacking nitrogen. But I still have a few burnt tips so I was scared to give nutrients. Please help. Not sure what to do.

Why are my plants yellowing
Why are my plants yellowing 2
Why are my plants yellowing 3
Why are my plants yellowing 4
Why are my plants yellowing 5
Why are my plants yellowing 6
Gboi420

Gboi420

Not sure why they are clawing still at the tips. I have been watering more each time because before the leaves were so thin and papery. Now they feel full and lively and are now spreading out and expanding but are still curling at the tips a little as you can see. The pic below is how bad it was when I wasn't watering as heavy each time.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You are killing your plant with kindness. The leaf clawing is to much nitrogen, Over feeding. I'd say the same for burned tips. Check your water PH is 6. I'd also suggest you pick up a Luster Leaf soil test kit and sample your potting mix and see where your at. You don't need to flush it, just give it some time to use up the available nitrogen in the soil. You will know if you watch the bottom old leaves. When you see them begin yellowing give it a little nitrogen. Not before. There may be enough to finish the plant.

I know how easy it is to over feed. When mixing fertilizer cut the amount in 1/2 from now on. What do you feed your plants? And how often. Everything. I'm also seeing signs of over watering. Don't water again for about 2 weeks. Let the plant dry out until it's wilting. Then only give it enough to keep it most. Let it dry out almost to the point of wilting before watering again. Lets see what the other guys have to say. I'm also concerned about the white specs on the leaves in picture 7.
This is a nice plant. I can see that you have been taking care of it for some time so I don't want to seem like I'm picking it apart.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

You are killing your plant with kindness. The leaf clawing is to much nitrogen, Over feeding. I'd say the same for burned tips. Check your water PH is 6. I'd also suggest you pick up a Luster Leaf soil test kit and sample your potting mix and see where your at. You don't need to flush it, just give it some time to use up the available nitrogen in the soil. You will know if you watch the bottom old leaves. When you see them begin yellowing give it a little nitrogen. Not before. There may be enough to finish the plant.

I know how easy it is to over feed. When mixing fertilizer cut the amount in 1/2 from now on. What do you feed your plants? And how often. Everything. I'm also seeing signs of over watering. Don't water again for about 2 weeks. Let the plant dry out until it's wilting. Then only give it enough to keep it most. Let it dry out almost to the point of wilting before watering again. Lets see what the other guys have to say. I'm also concerned about the white specs on the leaves in picture 7.
This is a nice plant. I can see that you have been taking care of it for some time so I don't want to seem like I'm picking it apart.
No disrespect but I disagree with your water statement - sounds like he’s under watering to me . IMO it would never make it 2 weeks without water , that being said we don’t what he’s growing in or want he’s feeding ?

I do agree those white specs are a concern!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

No disrespect but I disagree with your water statement - sounds like he’s under watering to me . IMO it would never make it 2 weeks without water , that being said we don’t what he’s growing in or want he’s feeding ?

I'm not offended. That's the best part of the forum. Lots of eyes and opinions. Maybe I should have said until it starts wilting. Then give it a good watering. The Problem is in a forum I can't stick my finger in the pot and get a feel for how the potting mix feels. I'm thinking stuffing a moisture meter threw the side of the bag mid way up would go a long way to solving any water issues. I'm also concerned about PH. The yellowing could be a zinc lockout issue although if it is it's minor at this point. I'd like to throw it out there and see what you think.

Last edited:
Gboi420

Gboi420

I literally haven't fed them anything since seed haha. Just watering. What I used for my soil is a soil from a nursery in my town with perlite. And I added a little earth worm castings and more perlite and a tad bit of Coco as well. Im guessing from what you are saying the soil I got from the nursery which is like 80 percent of the mix is probably high in nutrients or nitrogen. Plus earth worm castings which has nitrogen in it too. And for the white specs I thought those were just trichomes forming. Wasn't sure. There are alot on the smaller plants too I have in the same tent. Some ace killer ogs.
For watering I usually feed it about a gallon of water. It is in a 5 gallon fabric pot. And then I wait until the pot feels very light when I left it up and I do wait until I see a little bit of wilting. I think I need to start checking my soil pH. The water I use is spring water from the store with a pH of about 8. Which is high.

Gboi420

Gboi420

Yeah I have no idea what the white specs are. I need to look it up

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Ya down there in the dark they are just suckers that won't amount to anything. Take them off and let the plant focus on the top buds up in the light. You need to get water PH down to 6.
I add 1 table spoon of Apple cider vinegar to 7 L rain water to bring it down from 7 to 6.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

I am prepping soil for next years organic grow already. A couple of weeks ago I was reading and came across a paper about hot soil. Soil that the microbial action was producing lots of nitrogen. And with nothing growing in this soil it can lead to an over abundance of Nitrogen in the soil that can burn plants. All I can tell you is that the clawing that I'm seeing in the picture looks to me like an over abundance of nitrogen issue. You may want to check out and save this link as well.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I literally haven't fed them anything since seed haha. Just watering. What I used for my soil is a soil from a nursery in my town with perlite. And I added a little earth worm castings and more perlite and a tad bit of Coco as well. Im guessing from what you are saying the soil I got from the nursery which is like 80 percent of the mix is probably high in nutrients or nitrogen. Plus earth worm castings which has nitrogen in it too. And for the white specs I thought those were just trichomes forming. Wasn't sure. There are alot on the smaller plants too I have in the same tent. Some ace killer ogs.
For watering I usually feed it about a gallon of water. It is in a 5 gallon fabric pot. And then I wait until the pot feels very light when I left it up and I do wait until I see a little bit of wilting. I think I need to start checking my soil pH. The water I use is spring water from the store with a pH of about 8. Which is high.
On the right track here I believe starting with that soil for sure! Picks substrate and stick with it IMO coco and soil aren’t good together 2 completely different styles - 1 gallon fog water instant enuff , and spring water is high in mineral content and fairly inconsistent - it may take a minute to find the right combo but keep on growin ! - I use my tap water 400 ppm and cut it 50/50 with purified or ro water till I get 200 ppm that what’s works for me - everyone water is a bit different

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ya down there in the dark they are just suckers that won't amount to anything. Take them off and let the plant focus on the top buds up in the light. You need to get water PH down to 6.
I add 1 table spoon of Apple cider vinegar to 7 L rain water to bring it down from 7 to 6.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

I am prepping soil for next years organic grow already. A couple of weeks ago I was reading and came across a paper about hot soil. Soil that the microbial action was producing lots of nitrogen. And with nothing growing in this soil it can lead to an over abundance of Nitrogen in the soil that can burn plants. All I can tell you is that the clawing that I'm seeing in the picture looks to me like an over abundance of nitrogen issue. You may want to check out and save this link as well.
This is what I’m saying my style and this organic style are completely different both are successful just personal preference
Happy grows mosh

Gboi420

Gboi420

On the right track here I believe starting with that soil for sure! Picks substrate and stick with it IMO coco and soil aren’t good together 2 completely different styles - 1 gallon fog water instant enuff , and spring water is high in mineral content and fairly inconsistent - it may take a minute to find the right combo but keep on growin ! - I use my tap water 400 ppm and cut it 50/50 with purified or ro water till I get 200 ppm that what’s works for me - everyone water is a bit different
I need to learn more about ppm of water. I am not really sure what that is. I'll do some research

CannaDana

CannaDana

Yeah, you might have some hot soil to begin with, and then you added more nitrogen to it with the castings. Clawing at the tips is classic nitrogen toxicity, as are the yellowing tips.

Clawing over the entire leaf along with interveinal swelling (which it looks like you have) is classic overwatering.

But it's hard to tell from photos. Sometimes you just gotta get your hat and pipe, and play Sherlock Holmes to solve the mystery before it becomes a murder.

Top Bottom