Why are my plants yellowing?

• Thread starter Gboi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gboi420

Gboi420

Ya down there in the dark they are just suckers that won't amount to anything. Take them off and let the plant focus on the top buds up in the light. You need to get water PH down to 6.
I add 1 table spoon of Apple cider vinegar to 7 L rain water to bring it down from 7 to 6.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

I am prepping soil for next years organic grow already. A couple of weeks ago I was reading and came across a paper about hot soil. Soil that the microbial action was producing lots of nitrogen. And with nothing growing in this soil it can lead to an over abundance of Nitrogen in the soil that can burn plants. All I can tell you is that the clawing that I'm seeing in the picture looks to me like an over abundance of nitrogen issue. You may want to check out and save this link as well.
Do you think if I have a abundance of nitrogen I should first flush my plants. And then start adjusting the pH. Or should I just go ahead and start adding water around 6ph from now on and see what happens. I'm just learning about pH not to sure if I should water first and check runoff and adjust according to that. Or just start adding water around 6ph and then start checking runoff.

Gboi420

Gboi420

Ya down there in the dark they are just suckers that won't amount to anything. Take them off and let the plant focus on the top buds up in the light. You need to get water PH down to 6.
I add 1 table spoon of Apple cider vinegar to 7 L rain water to bring it down from 7 to 6.

I am prepping soil for next years organic grow already. A couple of weeks ago I was reading and came across a paper about hot soil. Soil that the microbial action was producing lots of nitrogen. And with nothing growing in this soil it can lead to an over abundance of Nitrogen in the soil that can burn plants. All I can tell you is that the clawing that I'm seeing in the picture looks to me like an over abundance of nitrogen issue. You may want to check out and save this link as well.
I was also wondering after I start adding the correct water pH how long it takes for the soil to become the right pH. And for the plants to start looking better.

Gboi420

Gboi420

Its weird. I just bought distilled water from the store that had a pH of like 8-9 I added 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar and now it's reading the water is only like 3-4 pH. I don't understand why it dropped so much.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Its weird. I just bought distilled water from the store that had a pH of like 8-9 I added 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar and now it's reading the water is only like 3-4 pH. I don't understand why it dropped so much.
Maybe you should check the accuracy of whatever you're measuring pH with.

Distilled water by definition has a neutral pH of 7.0. If it's at 8, then either it's not distilled water or your measuring device is not accurate.

I suggest getting a pH pen from a reputable company. I use one from BlueLab. Also, get some pH UP and pH DOWN from a reputable company like General Hydroponics or Atlas Scientific, and use as directed. Something is definitely wrong with your measurements.

And yeah, using water with pH 8 or higher can definitely cause a myriad of problems, many of which tend to look like some other kind of problem.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I add 1 table spoon of Apple cider vinegar to a ( 7 L ) almost 2 gal rain water to bring it down from 7 to 6. How much water did you put the vinegar in?

Gboi420

Gboi420

I add 1 table spoon of Apple cider vinegar to a ( 7 L ) almost 2 gal rain water to bring it down from 7 to 6. How much water did you put the vinegar in?
Oh wow. šŸ¤£ I accidentally put 1 table spoon in only a gallon. I'm learning lol. But I ended up just doing like 50% tap water mixed with that and it's showing around 6-6.3 now. But yeah I'm pretty sure my pH meter isnt calibrated and I have no more solution to calibrate. So I need to get a new test kit. And some pH up and down. I did test it on the apple cider vinegar for accuracy because online it said that the vinegar is around 2-3 pH and my meter said 2.5 so I don't think it's to far off

Latest posts

Top Bottom