why are my roots like this, is it bad?

• Thread starter El_Draxo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El_Draxo

El_Draxo

All 4 plants (same strain) are having this issue, the roots are coming out of only one side and it seems like it's hanging on by a thread, could this be the reason my plants are growing slow? (veg day 30)

Why are my roots like this is it bad
Why are my roots like this is it bad 2
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Roots should be bright white. What is the temperature of the solution? Temperature of the area? Do you check pH and EC daily as well as solution level?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

At Day 30 they should be whoppers. With DWC you can almost see them growing. If this is an RDWC system you are going to have the same issue with every plant if it’s root related.

Are those netbaskets touching the solution? Hydroton looks awfully wet and water is dripping down the sides near the top.

El_Draxo

El_Draxo

At Day 30 they should be whoppers. With DWC you can almost see them growing. If this is an RDWC system you are going to have the same issue with every plant if it’s root related.

Are those netbaskets touching the solution? Hydroton looks awfully wet and water is dripping down the sides near the top.
Yeah I figured they're pretty far back in growth I just can't figure it out. The roots could be that color due to Floralicious but I could be wrong. The net baskets are about 1 inch from the water (wetness could be the bubble splashback). pH is 5.7 and ppm 600.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Yeah I figured they're pretty far back in growth I just can't figure it out. The roots could be that color due to Floralicious but I could be wrong. The net baskets are about 1 inch from the water (wetness could be the bubble splashback). pH is 5.7 and ppm 600.
Is there any odor? Are the roots slimy? If rez temperatures stay over 70 it’s generally a setup for trouble. Do you measure solution temperature?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Are you running sterile, or do you use beneficial bacteria? How much aeration? Can you give us dolution strength, temperature and pH?

I have/had similar issues in RDWC. Aqua Man suggested that i run double the dose of HydroGuard and run a HydroGuard/enzyme solution through my pots every 2nd day or so until issue resolves. It's been working well.

I use heavy aeration and used rockwool cubes after roots grew out of Rapid Rooters, rather than putting the cube right into hydroton. I also put the cube on the deck of my UC netpot. Combined, these are likely keeping my root/plant junction too wet (as Pushrod Monkey has suggested).

Try Aqua Man's regimen and see if there's improvement

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

If theres no odor, slime, or adverse effects it could just be your solution staining the roots. No biggie. But if theres an odor or slime watch out you could be getting root rot

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

If theres no odor, slime, or adverse effects it could just be your solution staining the roots. No biggie. But if theres an odor or slime watch out you could be getting root rot
There’s something going on not good. The size of those plants. Something is not right.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Light can leak up through your sight Guage at the bottom. If your temp is over 70, keep your netpot submerged and gently massage those roots twice a day. They look dried out and starting to root rot. Had you been top feeding them regularly? Hydro guard works great, but with no chiller, and to fix root rot, it works better with all roots submerged.

I keep my Dwc bucket full to the rim.. When I can get to it lol.. It gets low sometimes.. But I'm usually on it.

I run 72 temp just fine with roots fully submerged. Double your dose of hydro guard too.

Top Bottom