Why are my seedlings deforming? Stress?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I ma also of the opinion that Ocean Forest is just too hot for young plants. I would suggest trying Happy Frog the next time around. I find it to be very forgiving on young plants and their root zone.
I think it was you who suggested the happy frog on my last post, so i weny ahead and i did get me some happy frog :D i think i just have to learn to water it correctly. am i watering the whole pot at seedling stage?

Aqua, im scared to wait till the plant wilts because of the dry rootball type issue i had, remember? I think that was from going to long before watering. i guess though, aslong as i hydrate correctly after it wilts i should be okay?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
how about starting seedlings in CannCOCO then transplanting to happy frog? im okay having multiple soils, multiple bins with different mixtures etc. I just say start in coco because i noticed im having some really good luck with the little side cannacoco plant i am running. Just a little seedling but, its probably my happiest, healthiest one??? should i stick to that route because its working?

Moshmen

Moshmen

about roughly how many ozs are u giving your seedlings?
Mine are much bigger now and much more thirsty. But at that I would start out at 6-8 every couple days but every ones media is a little different and just cuz it works for me doesn’t mean it’s right !

Now this one is 24/25 days old and is taking almost 1/2 gallon every 3or 4 days I only water to saturation not much run off if any I know a lot guys disagree strongly but I don’t care it’s I feel like I have more control over water,
In The last year I went from killin or stunting everything I grew cuz of water and or nutes . Today thanx to thc farmers ! I only have minor issues .
1325ABF6 7F70 475B A2BC 072721D1BFBE
1325ABF6 7F70 475B A2BC 072721D1BFBE

One of the great things here is you will get multiple opinions! It’s up to you to decide what works for you ! Lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think it was you who suggested the happy frog on my last post, so i weny ahead and i did get me some happy frog :D i think i just have to learn to water it correctly. am i watering the whole pot at seedling stage?

Aqua, im scared to wait till the plant wilts because of the dry rootball type issue i had, remember? I think that was from going to long before watering. i guess though, aslong as i hydrate correctly after it wilts i should be okay?
Once won't be an issue. repeated it will absolutely. I'm not saying don't water until they die. As soon as you see drooping leaves then you know. Feel the pot and water. Hell even weight it and the n water and weight it again. That can give you some numbers to give ya a rough guide.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Aqua claims he is not a soil guy but boy he sure knows his shit ! He’s part of the reason I’m here!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua claims he is not a soil guy but boy he sure knows his shit ! He’s part of the reason I’m here!
I'm not even done my soil grow... So I'm still an imposter. 😁 To kind man

The sad part is anytime I'm anywhere... Out for a walk, at a friend's etc etc etc. I can't help but look at all the shrubs, flowers, weeds etc and diagnose them. It's so bad my wife will notice me looking and when I turn to talk to her she has that "here we go again" look in here eye.

What can I say I love plants and they fascinate me. But I'm no expert. When I retire I'm going back to school

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm not even done my soil grow... So I'm still an imposter. 😁

The sad part is anytime I'm anywhere... Out for a walk, at a friend's etc etc etc. I can't help but look at all the shrubs, flowers, weeds etc and diagnose them. It's so bad my wife will notice me looking and when I turn to talk to her she has that "here we go again" look in here eye.

What can I say I love plants and they fascinate me. But I'm no expert. When I retire I'm going back to school
Ok here’s a not Cannabis thing, we have a beautiful orchid, dog it up and my reason reported it in miracle grow soil ! Dead for sure right ? ! Ole just opened up bigger that ever
Sorry just like plants and flowers they relax me! Lmao

753ECFF9 DD98 4EE7 8A95 97934872D077
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Once won't be an issue. repeated it will absolutely. I'm not saying don't water until they die. As soon as you see drooping leaves then you know. Feel the pot and water. Hell even weight it and the n water and weight it again. That can give you some numbers to give ya a rough guide.

I gotta stop the dabs. i never thought about like actually scale-weighing it. Thanks man! ill try that out. But just so im clear on what im doing. During seedling stage, do i water the whole medium? i ask because ive seen people do a ring around the plant. and got you. first sign of plant wilting. water till 10% runoff?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I gotta stop the dabs. i never thought about like actually scale-weighing it. Thanks man! ill try that out. But just so im clear on what im doing. During seedling stage, do i water the whole medium? i ask because ive seen people do a ring around the plant. and got you. first sign of plant wilting. water till 10% runoff?
Everyone needs a dab! Or 5

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some do a ring, some water the media 1-2 days before... Personally I would do rapid rooters, jiffy pellets or rockwool cubes. It's the easiest imo. There is no wrong way just different ways and what's easiest is subjective. Do what works for you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok here’s a not Cannabis thing, we have a beautiful orchid, dog it up and my reason reported it in miracle grow soil ! Dead for sure right ? ! Ole just opened up bigger that ever
Sorry just like plants and flowers they relax me! Lmao
Nice 👍👍👍

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So i water this seedling, an hour after watering, shes showing drooping, and signs of being overwatered. light goes out 2 hours after the water. Light goes out, 6 hours and i go to work. i come home, light has been on for about an hour, and now shes looking healthy, and looked like she grew a whole thousand feet. lol obviously not really, but u get the point, i dont understand.

Why do my all my plants show overwatering signs an hour after they get watered, but then recoup super quick? this happened almost EVERY watering last grow too.... even my healthy plants will droop an hour after they get water
and then they bounce back like 5 hours later???

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Am i watering like JUST to much? Just over that limit? enough for them to be overwatered and bounce back, but not enough to be overwatered completely and like die out?

Moshmen

Moshmen

So i water this seedling, an hour after watering, shes showing drooping, and signs of being overwatered. light goes out 2 hours after the water. Light goes out, 6 hours and i go to work. i come home, light has been on for about an hour, and now shes looking healthy, and looked like she grew a whole thousand feet. lol obviously not really, but u get the point, i dont understand.

Why do my all my plants show overwatering signs an hour after they get watered, but then recoup super quick? this happened almost EVERY watering last grow too.... even my healthy plants will droop an hour after they get water
Sounds fairly normal, Sometimes it just how it is ? The temp of the water could affect them , but I would not worry to much as long as they perk back up you are ok.
Personally I don’t water till I see them droop a little bit and the pots are very light. Buts that’s me.
One thing to remember though , those dripping leaves could be signs of overwatering as well ! So make sure you ck using mutiple methods if possible until you get comfortable . Next time ya water get a before and after picture ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When they drink the leaves thicken and get heavier and droop a while. Totally normal. They should relax again after some time. Only guessing thats what you are seeing.

And its best to water/feed right after lights on so they have the whole day to use it and grow. And the pots dry out a bit before lights out.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Sounds fairly normal, Sometimes it just how it is ? The temp of the water could affect them , but I would not worry to much as long as they perk back up you are ok.
Personally I don’t water till I see them droop a little bit and the pots are very light. Buts that’s me.
One thing to remember though , those dripping leaves could be signs of overwatering as well ! So make sure you ck using mutiple methods if possible until you get comfortable . Next time ya water get a before and after picture ?

im telling ya, the dabs are dumbing my brain down and i keep forgetting to get pics n shit. LOL i will next time, thanks or the reply mosh :D

When they drink the leaves thicken and get heavier and droop a while. Totally normal. They should relax again after some time. Only guessing thats what you are seeing.

And its best to water/feed right after lights on so they have the whole day to use it and grow. And the pots dry out a bit before lights out.

This is what i figured. Next i water, i will post what happens detailed so you guys can kinda get an idea of what im experiencing.

Another question that popped up:
I just sprayed my plants with pesticide, and now theyre SLIGHTY, just slighty wilting. It was nuke em pesticide. Seeing as how im sure pesticides are pretty strong on the plants, is this just a sign of the pesticide on the plant?? will he perk backup? lol i swear, my plants live wilted. LOL.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

im telling ya, the dabs are dumbing my brain down and i keep forgetting to get pics n shit. LOL i will next time, thanks or the reply mosh :D

This is what i figured. Next i water, i will post what happens detailed so you guys can kinda get an idea of what im experiencing.

Another question that popped up:
I just sprayed my plants with pesticide, and now theyre SLIGHTY, just slighty wilting. It was nuke em pesticide. Seeing as how im sure pesticides are pretty strong on the plants, is this just a sign of the pesticide on the plant?? will he perk backup? lol i swear, my plants live wilted. LOL.

Why did you spray nukem? And yes. Sprayed plants will droop.

You are way over caring and micro managing with no experience. Growing is not a minute by minute playbook. They are alive. They move their leaves. Slow down and enjoy it.

Or you will care your plant to death and maybe worry yourself to death.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Why did you spray nukem? And yes. Sprayed plants will droop.

You are way over caring and micro managing with no experience. Growing is not a minute by minute playbook. They are alive. They move their leaves. Slow down and enjoy it.

Or you will care your plant to death and maybe worry yourself to death.

I did it on my first grow as a preventative. Should i not be using any preventative?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
My first grow had spider mites, in the same room, so ever since then ive just been trying to prevent them from coming back, i hear they are like bed bugs and will continue to come.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have run a perpetual grow in the same two rooms for over 5 years and never sprayed a plant with anything.

But i never bring outside plants in. Or even outside clothes or shoes. And i clean the rooms dillegently. And anything that goes in or out too.

But plants grow every day. No down time at all.

I have had gnats and springtails. I used microbe lift to get rid of the gnats naturally. Springtails are low numbers and harmless.

I saw your other thread where you are panicking about a house fly.

Ya gotta slow down man. Cmon.

Top Bottom