Why are my seedlings deforming? Stress?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I have run a perpetual grow in the same two rooms for over 5 years and never sprayed a plant with anything.

But i never bring outside plants in. Or even outside clothes or shoes. And i clean the rooms dillegently. And anything that goes in or out too.

But plants grow every day. No down time at all.

I have had gnats and springtails. I used microbe lift to get rid of the gnats naturally. Springtails are low numbers and harmless.

I saw your other thread where you are panicking about a house fly.

Ya gotta slow down man. Cmon.

Just worried about spider mites returning at like week 7 of flower when im not in a perpetual grow. months, of hard work, pretty much luck for me right now, down the drain, thats my concern.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
when youre lucky to have a 10 inch plant, you pretty much just want to hold onto it with your life. LOL. Who knows when ill have another successful one. For right now, until im able to just plant and seed and have it grow like everyone else, im going to be a little on edge, trying to watch every little single tiny thing, even if it is a fly on a leaf, because i just dont know. Lessons being learned everyday, everyminute, especially here. Now you never had spider mites. If you did, and you got rid of them, because i think i did, i think their gone, would u still continue to spray as like a preventative?? Im asking as like what should i do, should i just get rid of the worry of them coming back? or continue to prevent? Theyre the main reason why i spray. The only reason.

I would put a ring of fire around this plant, if i could.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hence my panic over a fly, a new bug, in the tent, ive never seen before. Never seen a fly? Nah, ive never seen a fly with big red fucking eyes like that, that would not move when you touched it. It was a very weird acting bug, which is why i paniced. On top of the ptsd from the spider mites. Posted the thread for more information also, as like, can flies bring other bugs? can flies leave behind a fungus type deal to attract other pests? it wasnt just out of panic, it was. And i never stated i was looking for other information, like i should have. It looks like im just panicing over flies, when in reality im wondering if they can bring other shit lololol i never stated that tho, and i should have.

Mimed, This learning curve is some of the hardest. And im a computer programmer....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hence my panic over a fly, a new bug, in the tent, ive never seen before. Never seen a fly? Nah, ive never seen a fly with big red fucking eyes like that, that would not move when you touched it. It was a very weird acting bug, which is why i paniced. On top of the ptsd from the spider mites. Posted the thread for more information also, as like, can flies bring other bugs? can flies leave behind a fungus type deal to attract other pests? it wasnt just out of panic, it was. And i never stated i was looking for other information, like i should have. It looks like im just panicing over flies, when in reality im wondering if they can bring other shit lololol i never stated that tho, and i should have.

Mimed, This learning curve is some of the hardest. And im a computer programmer....

I never watered a houseplant before i grew my first 5 northern lights. I understand completely.

I simply followed the instructions and info in the jorje cervantes and ed rosenthal grow books.

I didnt make an account on weed forums until 2 years later. I find the forums confusing and mostly full of mis information and unfounded opinions.

They are much more helpful after we have some experience to know who knows what they are talking about.

I try to help others and it helps keep me sharp at this but i dont actually recommend even this site for a brand new grower.

Usually causes more confusion amd issues if you ask me.

basscaptain

basscaptain

NOOOOOOO..My 2 cents here, but your in a gal fab pot... try just giving the babys a half a cup of water in the morning for a few days
Why did you spray nukem? And yes. Sprayed plants will droop.

You are way over caring and micro managing with no experience. Growing is not a minute by minute playbook. They are alive. They move their leaves. Slow down and enjoy it.

Or you will care your plant to death and maybe worry yourself to death.
as you can see I start a reply and stop a few ago... and the reason is I'm new to INDOOR Growing..... But I'm Glad you said something cause CG your all over the place...... I understand Bro trust me I understand... But Fu.k you got to run with a game plan....... hell you need 6 tents running right now doing diff thing fu.k bro I'm starting to forget what the hell you have done in just 2 weeks....

You can tell me to Fu.k Off no Big Deal....................... But slow the f..k down:) this should be fun:)

Ps I have been f.cking around with 100 beans that I got 10 or 11 to go so trust I do understand......

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
NOOOOOOO..My 2 cents here, but your in a gal fab pot... try just giving the babys a half a cup of water in the morning for a few days

as you can see I start a reply and stop a few ago... and the reason is I'm new to INDOOR Growing..... But I'm Glad you said something cause CG your all over the place...... I understand Bro trust me I understand... But Fu.k you got to run with a game plan....... hell you need 6 tents running right now doing diff thing fu.k bro I'm starting to forget what the hell you have done in just 2 weeks....

You can tell me to Fu.k Off no Big Deal....................... But slow the f..k down:) this should be fun:)

Ps I have been f.cking around with 100 beans that I got 10 or 11 to go so trust I do understand......

Cracking me up, hahah i dont take offense to any comment, i need to learn. Criticism is a pretty straightforward teacher ya know lol. I agree. I do agree,i have my head all in a storm trust me, it bites me in the ass and i wish my head wasnt nuts lol. No need to fuck off hahaha appreciate the 2 cents. half cup in the morning for a few days, thanks for the tip. :D

I never watered a houseplant before i grew my first 5 northern lights. I understand completely.

I simply followed the instructions and info in the jorje cervantes and ed rosenthal grow books.

I didnt make an account on weed forums until 2 years later. I find the forums confusing and mostly full of mis information and unfounded opinions.

They are much more helpful after we have some experience to know who knows what they are talking about.

I try to help others and it helps keep me sharp at this but i dont actually recommend even this site for a brand new grower.

Usually causes more confusion amd issues if you ask me.

You know.. i do have ed rosenthals grow book. the grow bible that i havent referred to in awhile. maybe i should take a peak back.... its how i grew my first grow.... Thanks for the reminder mimed, ima pop that back out when issues arise before going crazy lol. I do get a little confused when there are 10 different opinions, i love all the opinions because i can get different aspects, but then i do over think everything. I guess slowing the fuck down is going to the game winner right now lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes exactly!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's actually gets easier as the grow goes on. The plants get stronger and you will be more comfortable. Young plants just get finiky. Imho you have the drive and concern which will really help you gain a lot of knowledge fast and eventually become an above average grower. But right now it's gonna hurt ya so you just need to keep it simple. As @MIMedGrower said you need to understand and apply all the info and it's more advanced that makes small differences but can lead to very negative results if not all done right. I'm guilty of going to much in depth and confusing people at times. That's the hydro side of me.

Honestly my soil grow I look at once a week. Showed the guy how to water and he knows nothing and does nothing other than that. Plants like a stable environment give em that and they will grow. The more stuff gets messed with the more opportunity to mess it up.

Keep reading and keep asking questions. But honestly just let the plant do it's thing unless something looks drastically wrong. I would say your out of the woods until late flower don't add any additives and your good to harvest

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, so I need to apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone but, I would not use any book with Ed Rosenthal's name on it. I bought his book too back in the day and I started to read and reread it and I started noticing discrepancies and contradictions within the book. So that book is about as good as this site for information, its in there, but you have to know ahead of time what to look for.

I do like Jorge Cervantes book though. Even though its not perfect it is very easy to follow and digest and gives images and diagrams in context. That is a great place to start. There are other books out there these days so I am sure you can find one that works for you.

But as everyone here has said slow down, less really is more.

As for prevention spraying your plants, its a great idea. But you have to allow them some time to grow into actual plants and get through a lot of these early stresses you have put them under.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, so I need to apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone but, I would not use any book with Ed Rosenthal's name on it. I bought his book too back in the day and I started to read and reread it and I started noticing discrepancies and contradictions within the book. So that book is about as good as this site for information, its in there, but you have to know ahead of time what to look for.

I do like Jorge Cervantes book though. Even though its not perfect it is very easy to follow and digest and gives images and diagrams in context. That is a great place to start. There are other books out there these days so I am sure you can find one that works for you.

As for prevention spraying your plants, its a great idea. But you have to allow them some time to grow into actual plants and get through a lot of these early stresses you have put them under.
In the mountains of reading I have done. I have never read those books šŸ˜ž I know shameful. Without reading them I have no idea of content. It's probably something I should do. I spend all my time reading studies on plants process and shit trying to understand how plants work thinking maybe that info is dated. In hindsight that's probably where I should have started.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I read late editions of both books and most of the negative stuff i read about has been re edited.

I think jorje makes a great grow guide and rosenthal is great for set up and science and tech.

But a book doesnt have 10 different answers to every question like a discussion forum.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

In the mountains of reading I have done. I have never read those books šŸ˜ž I know shameful. Without reading them I have no idea of content. It's probably something I should do. I spend all my time reading studies on plants process and shit trying to understand how plants work thinking maybe that info is dated. In hindsight that's probably where I should have started.
Show off, you are reading the real stuff. That will only lead to increased knowledge and a larger head. Oh and nice plants. I actually put myself back through school and studied biology several years back, I gots sum books lerninz two.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

But a book doesnt have 10 different answers to every question like a discussion forum.

Ed's has two or three answers for the same question some times. It is all responses to question from his days doing Ask Ed in High Times. And sometimes his answers to basically the same question would change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom