Why are my seedlings deforming? Stress?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In the mountains of reading I have done. I have never read those books 😞 I know shameful. Without reading them I have no idea of content. It's probably something I should do. I spend all my time reading studies on plants process and shit trying to understand how plants work thinking maybe that info is dated. In hindsight that's probably where I should have started.

The rosenthal book has tons of info on the subjects argued even today. Darkness before harvest and flip. Role of far red light. UV. Etc.

And the jorje book has all the pertinent info on mediums, nutrition and water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Show off, you are reading the real stuff. That will only lead to increased knowledge and a larger head. Oh and nice plants. I actually put myself back through school and studied biology several years back, I gots sum books lerninz two.
That's my plan upon retirement. Still a ways to go but in going back to school to take something I actually enjoy. Not for lesson on false history that's for sure 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The rosenthal book has tons of info on the subjects argued even today. Darkness before harvest and flip. Role of far red light. UV. Etc.

And the jorje book has all the pertinent info on mediums, nutrition and water.
Yeah I really need to read them. You know even bad info teaches, I'm not saying its bad info by any means. But like I always was taught there is not a person in this world you cannot learn something from.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I really need to read them. You know even bad info teaches, I'm not saying its bad info by any means. But like I always was taught there is not a person in this world you cannot learn something from.

The books have been updated for many years. Eds is used as the textbook for the weed university in cali.

I do not agree that there is bad info. In fact he already figured out all of the “advancements” the industry is implementing now.

I have seen nothing new i have not read about in his book.

And another book i found pretty great was clarks marijuana botany. Biology and breeding info in there.

And the old weed was better too. ;-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The books have been updated for many years. Eds is used as the textbook for the weed university in cali.

I do not agree that there is bad info. In fact he already figured out all of the “advancements” the industry is implementing now.

I have seen nothing new i have not read about in his book.

And another book i found pretty great was clarks marijuana botany. Biology and breeding info in there.

And the old weed was better too. ;-)
I take it these updated versions are only purchased? I'm gonna have to get them and probably should have long ago. Thanks for the info

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I take it these updated versions are only purchased? I'm gonna have to get them and probably should have long ago. Thanks for the info

You can find free pdf online.

I think the jorje book is still in the free book list. But only eds tip book is there now not the full book.

The old link was much better. Not sure why its like this now.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Why did you spray nukem? And yes. Sprayed plants will droop.

You are way over caring and micro managing with no experience. Growing is not a minute by minute playbook. They are alive. They move their leaves. Slow down and enjoy it.

Or you will care your plant to death and maybe worry yourself to death.
My first grow overreacted to everything ! We are Americans! Well most of us , I apologize to our Canuk friends ! More is better right ! WRONG !
My man @MIMedGrower is the man and he’s right on ! Biggest mistake is lovin’ then to death

Moshmen

Moshmen

My first grow had spider mites, in the same room, so ever since then ive just been trying to prevent them from coming back, i hear they are like bed bugs and will continue to come.

Make sure it’s a sterile as possible when u start ! And spraying the same thing on cannabis mites usually gets ya no where trick is Don’t introduce them ! Lmao

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So now what, even less fucking water? I dont know how else to pin point this fucking bullshit.

20191107 074612
20191107 122202
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
You see my run off. You see the plant. I dont know what else to do. 10% run off. I think thats even less? Overwatered. No run off? Overwatered. Dont water? underwatered. Do these plants not like water or.....???????? This plant hasnt been watered in 8 days, so i watered it, and here it goes ,Again. Like everytime i water my plants. This is the only result. its never different.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
LOL BACK AT THE ISSUE I CAME TO THIS SITE WITH LOLOOL.
Transplanted to Happy frog out of FFOF, im so fucking done with ocean forest to me its just a joke.
How frustrating this is....

20191107 123715
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You see my run off. You see the plant. I dont know what else to do. 10% run off. I think thats even less? Overwatered. No run off? Overwatered. Dont water? underwatered. Do these plants not like water or.....???????? This plant hasnt been watered in 8 days, so i watered it, and here it goes ,Again. Like everytime i water my plants. This is the only result. its never different.
Soil bro... Let em dry. Let em dry till they wilt a tiny bit. Then weigh that pot and you now have some number to roughly go by. Let go of the more is better. We all started that way and it's the biggest new grower mistake. More is not better.i say let em dry till you see a tiny bit of wilt for education purposes not because bits good practice to do so. Let go and put your watering issues to bed once and for all. It's something every new grower need to learn, the only difference is how many plants you are going to kill learning it.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
My issue is, is im waiting for them to wilt. And waiting. And waiting. and then 12 days later, theyre still not wilting, so i water them. Then they look all droopy, and then i transplant to see whats up, and my root zone is dry as shit. But i had no sign of the plant telling me it needed water or anything.

20191107 123715
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My issue is, is im waiting for them to wilt. And waiting. And waiting. and then 12 days later, theyre still not wilting, so i water them. Then they look all droopy, and then i transplant to see whats up, and my root zone is dry as shit. But i had no sign of the plant telling me it needed water or anything.
When you water thoroughly it will prevent that. Over watering is not caused by watering to much but by watering to often. Some droop is expected after watering it's just the way it is.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So now what, even less fucking water? I dont know how else to pin point this fucking bullshit.

Thats not enough runoff. How can you even test that little bit.

But the plant looks ok. Never got pics last time but that looks like a thirsty plant that drank a lot. The leaves get heavy and droop a while.

But i read ahead and you said you transplanted again?

The more you do to fix it wihout knowledge and experience the worse they will get.

and is there at least 25% large perlite mixed in with your soil?

And the other thing is it doesnt matter how many days a plant goes without you watering. They need it when they need it. When the pot is light. There is no other sign or action to take.

This plant got sick from me overfeeding and overwatering a bad draining mix. The roots got damaged. She was already flowering in 12/12. She took up to 10 days to drink all her water/nutes each time from week 4 to the end.

Patience is the most important skill in gardening.

B06388C8 6775 4C46 A068 207A7D4FAF5C

The yellow crispy burned leaves were removed for harvest. They were bad.

All i did for 7 weeks was water with very light feed only when the pot was alarmingly light.

She wasnt even watered once a week.

IT DOESNT MATTER. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN IF YOU WAIT TO WATER.

I hope this helps.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Soil bro... Let em dry. Let em dry till they wilt a tiny bit. Then weigh that pot and you now have some number to roughly go by. Let go of the more is better. We all started that way and it's the biggest new grower mistake. More is not better.i say let em dry till you see a tiny bit of wilt for education purposes not because bits good practice to do so. Let go and put your watering issues to bed once and for all. It's something every new grower need to learn, the only difference is how many plants you are going to kill learning it.
Patience ! Patience if you aren’t willing to ruin a couple plants while ur learning your not going to get far. It’s going to happen! But your look ok to me. Aqua is exactly right !

Moshmen

Moshmen

Patience ! Patience if you aren’t willing to ruin a couple plants while ur learning your not going to get far. It’s going to happen! But your look ok to me. Aqua is exactly right !

But the plant looks ok. Never got pics last time but that looks like a thirsty plant that drank a lot. The leaves get heavy and droop a while.

The more you do to fix it wihout knowledge and experience the worse they will get.

And the other thing is it doesnt matter how many days a plant goes without you watering. They need it when they need it. When the pot is light. There is no other sign or action to take.

This plant got sick from me overfeeding and overwatering a bad draining mix. The roots got damaged. She was already flowering in 12/12. She took up to 10 days to drink all her water/nutes each time from week 4 to the end.

View attachment 907957

All i did for 7 weeks was water with very light feed only when the pot was alarmingly light.

I hope this helps.
Amen !

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

Ugh. jfc.
Thanks, all i needed to know. solves my issue. If i knew this i wouldnt have transplanted.

Yeah got u.

I didnt have enough,more is on order. mabe like 15%

What i was wondering.

View attachment 907957

Sweet, not scared to go 10 days without watering anymore then lol. This will help the issue,this dry rootball keeps happening to me, so i was always scared to go so long without watering. I guess if it dries out, like a super alot, just make sure i water thoroughly?

I hope this helps.

I thought it mattered because my rootball kept drying out, and in this book im reading it says you cant let the rootzone dry out. You have to find the right happy medium. But cool i mean, if i can just wait until like the plant starts wilting and be okay, thats what im going to do. thats kinda how i did it last grow.

But now i know, when i water that its natural for the plants to droop. I never knew this, so i always just thought i was overwatering them.

Alot of helpful info, thank you.

Yes, helped an extreme amount. i keep hearing 2days, then 4 days, then i cant let it go 7 days without water, but then it has to wilt, its all getting frustrating and confusing. trying to learn correctly, and reading/hearing alot of different numbers is confusing me. If i can just let them go, that would be dope. And thats what im going to do. Im not going to play that stupid game of trying to hit when to water them like right on the nose like ive been trying. Its just fucking me over.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Meh, killing 40 plants in a row.
You lose the patience and get frustrated. Imagine how much money i spend on seeds to die? Frustrating. I understand, patience, and i thank you for all the positivity. Its really whats keeping me going right now. I will get there. I know i will. and im dedicated. Everytime i do something wrong, its just a lesson to be learned.

Top Bottom