Why are my stems red.??

• Thread starter Oldmanbud50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

As the question says. Iam growing 4 bag seed. 1 blue cookies and 3.what I think to be zkittles.. My lady's are healthy good leaf colour no curling no nute problems.. But the stems are red and purple. Iv read that it could be genetics. Or if u see that your plants are not healthy that could be the reason. New to the game and iam not worried they have been on 12 12 for coming up to 5 weeks. 2 weeks for stretch and 3 weeks flower. Plants are fed 2 times a week with tomorite 40 mil to 10 litre. Pk boost from week 2.and 5 mill molasses.. Like I said not worried wud love some info on this

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

LEDs in certain colors bring out the anthocyanin pigment wherever the light touches. Red and purple stems are pretty common depending on the strain

I've seen alot of mono ammonium phosphate on the shelf at legal grows. They don't have red stemmed cuttings.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Phosphorus deficiency symptoms often occur as young plants are exposed to cool/wet growing conditions, resulting in a phase where vegetative growth exceeds the roots' ability to supply P. Young plants are especially vulnerable because their root systems are small and P is immobile in soil solution.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Phosphorus deficiency symptoms often occur as young plants are exposed to cool/wet growing conditions, resulting in a phase where vegetative growth exceeds the roots' ability to supply P. Young plants are especially vulnerable because their root systems are small and P is immobile in soil solution.

i surmise the more and faster leafy growth under modern full spectrum grow lights makes this even more apparent.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Ty peeps all info is very interesting. And as put my mind to rest ty again happy growing

Top Bottom