Why are outdoor plants Flowering already?

• Thread starter groran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
groran

groran

My plants are outdoors and have been from 1 foot tall. We still have 13 and 45 minutes of daylight here in Ca., why are they beginning to flower already? They range from 3-6 feet in height. Different strains too. I have plat og, gg4, and og kush. Now the sun goes behind the mountain at 7:45 but we still have light until 8:15 and comes up with no mountain in the way at 6:05. Any thoughts?

YnoTony

YnoTony

I'm in Ma and mine will start flowering around the 14th. The plants know winters coming in the outside grow it's diff than the 12/12 indoor. For me in Ma this is the time they start flowering. Not sure where you are but as days get shorter the plants will make their change. I don't see a problem there but you will know better where u live

Texasdigger35

Texasdigger35

Im beginning to think depending on strain and location anytime after summer solstice is fair game. They know when days start getting shorter. The 12hr thing doesn't mean jack crap to them outdoors... I had some start mid July in Austin for past 3 years. Its annoying. Don't want to do supplementary lighting so just been poking around strains trying to find indica that withstands heat, doesn't flower early, tastes and feels great. Its not easy in my climate.

socks4free

socks4free

I'm in Ma and mine will start flowering around the 14th. The plants know winters coming in the outside grow it's diff than the 12/12 indoor. For me in Ma this is the time they start flowering. Not sure where you are but as days get shorter the plants will make their change. I don't see a problem there but you will know better where u live
I'm also in MA the few photos I had this year all started flowering around the 1st every plant is different and can flower at different light periods .

socks4free

socks4free

My plants are outdoors and have been from 1 foot tall. We still have 13 and 45 minutes of daylight here in Ca., why are they beginning to flower already? They range from 3-6 feet in height. Different strains too. I have plat og, gg4, and og kush. Now the sun goes behind the mountain at 7:45 but we still have light until 8:15 and comes up with no mountain in the way at 6:05. Any thoughts?
Every plant/strain is different 12/12 is just the standard time for forcing flowering, however that doesn't mean that the light HAS to be at 12 hours for them to start flowering.

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

Hey bro I’m in New Jersey and I have 5 white widow x silky JohnsonF1s I’m testing for a good friend and 3 of 4 are on week 5 of flower outdoor and the 4thplant is a indica dom pheno and 3 in flower are very Sativa dominant in shape and leaf shape. My buddy said he only found 2 phenos and that indoors the Sativa dominant flower time was 53-60 days and indica dom went 77 days so outside if they are started early and brought out in mid May like I did after the summer solstice it fair game and F1s are super fun to hunt that unicorn got my eyes on 1 that might get reveged after harvest

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

Hey bro I’m in New Jersey and I have 5 white widow x silky JohnsonF1s I’m testing for a good friend and 3 of 4 are on week 5 of flower outdoor and the 4thplant is a indica dom pheno and 3 in flower are very Sativa dominant in shape and leaf shape. My buddy said he only found 2 phenos and that indoors the Sativa dominant flower time was 53-60 days and indica dom went 77 days so outside if they are started early and brought out in mid May like I did after the summer solstice it fair game and F1s are super fun to hunt that unicorn got my eyes on 1 that might get reveged after harvest
4th plant is just starting her preflower now so IDK cannabis are amazing plants

BudBogart

BudBogart

I’m in California, Sierra Nevada. My garden always starts to flower beginning of August. Your garden sounds right on track.

BDH420

BDH420

I'm in MA one pheno of my Texada Timewarps started flowering 2 weeks ago. The rest just got pre flower. I live in MA also.
Flowerpic

HighRootz

HighRootz

I'm in So. Cal and popped my beans late in season, mid June outdoors. SLS MAC and Gush Mintz from Purple City Genetics and a Wedding Cake(Zen Labs) teen that was gifted to me. The Wedding Cake and Gush Mintz started flowering mid July once it went under 14hrs daylight and the SLS MAC just went into bloom. I keep a sunrise/sunset schedule for my location and I can see how much daylight hours I have and can usually guesstimate when I started bloom and then gauge harvest date from there. Sometimes I forget to add to my grow log/journal and the chart can come in handy

Top Bottom