why are these plants autos when I was expecting PP?

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

So last year I grew 4 autos, I two strains auto cheese and auto quarter pounder. The seeds got mixed up so wasn't sure which plant this was but I also grew some bag seeds from bud that was called Gorilla glue by the dealer (grew like and looked like the GG#4 I researched) so I had a few seeds from that and planted them and ended up getting a male from that and a female was letting the male .grow long enough to save some pollen before I killed it but somehow one of the autos got pollinated by this Gg#4? Both the male and female from those seeds grew as PP, so I expected that the offspring from the auto and this male would be half photo half auto and grow like photos and would have to breed them again to get 25% autos the next season but somehow atleast 50% of this f1 have turned out to be autos how is that possible? The only thing I can think of is those bag seeds were half auto already does this sound right?

socks4free

socks4free

It seems like the majority of the seeds that actually germinated from these have turned out auto. It has cause me alot of confusion after all the research I did that said that the autoflower gene is reccesive. I would of thought having half the parentage be from a.photoperiod plant that they would have been all photoperiods. I had read that in the wild there is dominant autoflower genes but not in the breeding population has that changed? Am I witnessing a complete fluke?

Top Bottom