Why aren't my plants growing?

• Thread starter bucksid8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bucksid8

bucksid8

My Oreoz clones have just hit week 5 and I'm disappointed to see they've barley grown at all. At first they were light stressed so I turned down my LEDs to 1k lux and their leaves stopped dying at least. Whenever I turn the lights up, the top leaves start to curl up and turn crispy. I'm using 3 completely separate grow systems for my plants: 36 plants in aeroponic system (pic 1), 4 plants in hydroponic system (pic 3) and 1 plant in coco coir (pic 2). None of them have grown much at all and are all receiving the same nutrient water at 5.8ph and around 430ppm. Temps stay between 70-80 and I have a vortex fan pulling in fresh air. I've had great success growing plants the exact same way under the exact same conditions in the past but no matter what I try, these clones just won't grow or sprout more than 2 roots. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
IMG_3079.jpg
IMG_3081.jpg

Why arent my plants growing 2
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Wow 5 weeks of growth and they look like they have just been rooted. I’m no expert but I would prolly toss those and start fresh. Clean your whole hydro system as well. I’m a soil grower so I can’t really help much but those clones will more than likely herm on you if you can even get them to start growing. Hope you get it figured out. I got a sad plant that won’t bounce back and it is frustrating so I feel your pain.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

to me the first pic looks fried but i dont really know either

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
pH range prob to high....room humidity maybe to low?...water temps?.....is water warm?...you using a air or water pump?......lot of factors to consider......your prob over loving and under feeding...but im just guessing....If I help fix this how much is it worth to ya?....lol....gl man
FOE20

weedshoes

weedshoes

I have read that too much light with underdeveloped roots will cause problems. Too much light forces the plants to focus on photosynthesis rather than root growth, all the photosynthesis puts high demand on the underdeveloped roots and the cycle continues. If your lights are the one commonality between all your plants, it's the first thing I'd be looking at.

Take this with a grain of salt. I am new and do not want to give you bad advice.

bucksid8

bucksid8

Nutrient uptake issue. What's your roots look like?
Roots barley grew either. I checked with a light meter and they’re getting less than 1k lux and the ones in hydroponics aren’t even directly under a light so they’re getting even less. Is it possible to light stress them with that little? I mean I can barley see in the grow room the lights are so dim

DrStadanko

DrStadanko

My Oreoz clones have just hit week 5 and I'm disappointed to see they've barley grown at all. At first they were light stressed so I turned down my LEDs to 1k lux and their leaves stopped dying at least. Whenever I turn the lights up, the top leaves start to curl up and turn crispy. I'm using 3 completely separate grow systems for my plants: 36 plants in aeroponic system (pic 1), 4 plants in hydroponic system (pic 3) and 1 plant in coco coir (pic 2). None of them have grown much at all and are all receiving the same nutrient water at 5.8ph and around 430ppm. Temps stay between 70-80 and I have a vortex fan pulling in fresh air. I've had great success growing plants the exact same way under the exact same conditions in the past but no matter what I try, these clones just won't grow or sprout more than 2 roots. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
View attachment 1171023View attachment 1171026
top those plants p/h 6.0 also are the plants in totes getting constant air? if not that's 1 problem, light height should be 24 inches for 600 watts

Last edited:
bucksid8

bucksid8

top those plants p/h 6.0 also are the plants in totes getting constant air? if not that's 1 problem, light height should be 24 inches for 600 watts
Totes are aeroponics so yea the roots are just hanging in constant air. Using 240w LED panels turned all the way down and raised about 5’ above plants

Mikado

Mikado

Get your temps to stay above 78 at all times. Humidity no higher than 60% ideally. I'd say shoot for 82 f and 50% humidity I bet u see them start moving. Overall to cool for veg with LED. You may need to install small heater on a thermostat to maintain. Also let the heat build up by not running exhaust constantly. Main problem is it's to cold. Don't let it go below 78. Ride 82-84 for fast response to the problem.

Led can be lowered to 3' and adjust intensity as the plant catches in the warm environment.

Once they catch and u raise light intensity...you'll need to up the flood to 1.8 - 2.0 EC then possibly more as light intensity increases.

Good luck !

S

sshortguy1

i bet you fried the with nutes
I have read that too much light with underdeveloped roots will cause problems. Too much light forces the plants to focus on photosynthesis rather than root growth, all the photosynthesis puts high demand on the underdeveloped roots and the cycle continues. If your lights are the one commonality between all your plants, it's the first thing I'd be looking at.

Take this with a grain of salt. I am new and do not want to give you bad advicey

Get your temps to stay above 78 at all times. Humidity no higher than 60% ideally. I'd say shoot for 82 f and 50% humidity I bet u see them start moving. Overall to cool for veg with LED. You may need to install small heater on a thermostat to maintain. Also let the heat build up by not running exhaust constantly. Main problem is it's to cold. Don't let it go below 78. Ride 82-84 for fast response to the problem.

Led can be lowered to 3' and adjust intensity as the plant catches in the warm environment.

Once they catch and u raise light intensity...you'll need to up the flood to 1.8 - 2.0 EC then possibly more as light intensity increases.

Good luck !
they say between 40 - 50 in vegetation stage and less humidity in flowering, which mine's about that range now with 3 plants, they are doing good right now

Top Bottom