Why can’t I see the sex yet

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Anyone got any ideas why I can’t tell if these are male or female yet? Almost a week since flip to 12/12. Am I just being to impatient?

Why cant i see the sex yet
Why cant i see the sex yet 2
Why cant i see the sex yet 3
Why cant i see the sex yet 4
Why cant i see the sex yet 5
Why cant i see the sex yet 6
Why cant i see the sex yet 7
Why cant i see the sex yet 8
Why cant i see the sex yet 9
Why cant i see the sex yet 10
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Thought I would have at least seen a tiny white pistal or even ball if male by now

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Dude do yourself a favor a google the life cycle of a cannabis plant.

If it’s a photo period plant gender will not be revealed until after you flip the lights. Which you e done! Step one.
unfortunately plants are not machines, biological processes take time, yep you flipped the lights, but the plant now cycles through a growth spurt in preparation for flowering. Generally called the stretch. This lasts anywhere from 10-20 days dependent on strain, and you can expect a 20% increase in size. Once completed then either pistils or balls with appear in accordance with their gender.

Be Patient, you’re looking at 80 days or so total for the bloom cycle. Don’t chop immature Buds its a waste Of time and energy

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

If it’s a photo period plant gender will not be revealed until after you flip the lights. Which you e done! Step one.
unfortunately plants are not machines, biological processes take time, yep you flipped the lights, but the plant now cycles through a growth spurt in preparation for flowering. Generally called the stretch. This lasts anywhere from 10-20 days dependent on strain, and you can expect a 20% increase in size. Once completed then either pistils or balls with appear in accordance with their gender.

Be Patient, you’re looking at 80 days or so total for the bloom cycle. Don’t chop immature Buds its a waste Of time and energy
Yeah ok I’ll just hang on and keep watching the stretch and be more patient.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

All people have different opinions saying you can sex them before the flip ? So I don’t know how they do that cause it contradicts what your saying ?

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yep what he said, I flipped 5 three weeks ago, found 2 males, pulled them. 1 is flowering great, the 2 others are still in a growth spurt and I await the outcome as to gender, one is so tall I took it to my outdoor shop to continue in case not enough light inside my tent, patience grasshopper.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
All people have different opinions saying you can sex them before the flip ? So I don’t know how they do that cause it contradicts what your saying ?
I have grown out 100's of seeds and never once have I had to wait until flower to determine sex. I veg with a 20 on 4 off light schedule. I normally see preflowers( male or female) in veg from week 4 to week 7.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It looks like there's a preflower in that last picture, but it's too blurry to say if it's M/F

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It depends it really is strain specific. Most strains will show at least a hint of sex prior to flower but there are some that keep that shit locked up like a chastity belt until well after flip. There are ways to guarantee sex. You can take 2 cuts from each plant when they are still small. Once they are rooted you repot in solo cups. One solo cup stays is the clone tent (18 hr) and the other solo cup goes into 12hr. After a while the small plants will show sex then you can go back and kill all the males. What is left is only the females plus since you started with 2 cuts from each plant you have the extra female cut leftover and ready to run for the next cycle. If your gonna flip your plants really short this wont work cuz you wont have enough time however for growing bigger trees its a 100% guaranteed way to sex so long as you label them correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom