Why did one stretch and not other?

• Thread starter rockyracoonface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

I’m new to growing. I’m wondering why one of my plants stretched in preflower? The plant beside it on the left is the same age and strain. It is shorter and has had many more white hairs (pistols?)
Why did one stretch and not other

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

It is White Widow Autoflower in FFOF with a MarsHydro light with the light bars. It is set at 75%. I recently took the rope hangers off the light because I was reaching the top. The plant that stretched did not have tip burn like the other two. It did get some brown spots on leaves. I gave it some Big Bloom and worm castings because of that and then it stretched. It does get less light being in the corner but my light seems to point out well.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
It depends who the breeder was.

99% of same strain seed will produce different phenos. The more stable the line is, the less variations. I have to admit, yours is excessive. The process of making Female seed requires stressing a female plant to produce pollen (via CS or STS). It's cool to know all the seeds are female, but that's when phenotypes from the parental lineage surfaces. So you end up with phenos from parents and grand parents, so the plants from the same seed batch are likely to be different.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Just two different phenos.

They may also be different in potency, effects and scents. If you've heard of people doing pheno hunts (with photoperiod plants), this is why. Some phenos will float your boat more than others.

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Thanks for telling me it is phenotype. I guess it could be from Ruderallis.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

I am working my way thru 20 White widow auto seeds from Seedman. I plant 5 at a time and there is always 1 or 2 that grow different. As a plan I cull the two weird ones and keep the similar three for the grow..

IMG 20210922 090752
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Yours look really nice. Thanks for the information. Mine may or may not have come from ILGM.

I Idon’t know how my stretchy plant is going to turn out. I was worried about it when I was making sure it was female. It doesn’t have as many pistols. I assume my short plant that is growing buds is a good phenotype and the one I could be cloning for mothers.

Top Bottom