Why Do My Autoflowers Look Like Twiggy!!

• Thread starter Newtogrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hi all @Newtogrowing here. I have 3 plants growing, gorilla glue, hindu kush and quarter pounder, all three are 30 days old, 36 inches tall and they look like the sixties super model Twiggy. The spacing between the nodes are about 5". The plants look nice and healthy. Not sure whats going on. If any of you out there in FARMLAND knows what the heck is going on I could use the help. I'm using a Cob 800 watt led. The light is about 22" from the tops of the plant.
Why do my autoflowers look like twiggy
Why do my autoflowers look like twiggy 2
Why do my autoflowers look like twiggy 3
Why do my autoflowers look like twiggy 4

Last edited:
CUSTOM

CUSTOM

Hi all @Newtogrowing here. I have 3 plants growing, gorilla glue, hindu kush and quarter pounder, all three are 30 days old, 36 inches tall and they look like the sixties super model Twiggy. The spacing between the nodes are about 5". The plants look nice and healthy. Not sure whats going on. If any of you out there in FARMLAND knows what the heck is going on I could use the help. I'm using a Cob 800 watt led. The light is about 22" from the tops of the plant.View attachment 668273 View attachment 668274 View attachment 668275 View attachment 668276

I'm not familiar with Cob, but if you are able to adjust color spectrum settings, you need less RED and More BLUE and WHITE during Veg. The RED imo, is causing your early stretch.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I'm not familiar with Cob, but if you are able to adjust color spectrum settings, you need less RED and More BLUE and WHITE during Veg. The RED imo, is causing your early stretch.
From what I understand it is a full spectrum led system. The brand is Sunnine, I bought it off of Ebay. I've grown 3 other plants with this light and no problems. I have the light at 22" about the tops. I had it at 18' but I noticed that one of the plants leaves were curling so I look that up and it said to much heat. That's why its 22". These babies just want to stretch I guess. lolol. This is the first time I have had this happen. And its all 3. Their flowering...

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Your pots don't look big enough either.that hurts yeild in autos as it doesn't let em spread out to theyr full potential
Your right!! I wanted to try them out in a 1 gallon pots and see if it would of make them shorter. I guess it flopped on me. Live and learn. I guess its to late in the game to transplant them to bigger pots. lolol

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No you can transplant them mate then bend over the main stem gently and tie it off to the base of the plant if your worried about hight I'm not up on the auto strains but in sure they will fill up with great buds anyway .

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

No you can transplant them mate then bend over the main stem gently and tie it off to the base of the plant if your worried about hight I'm not up on the auto strains but in sure they will fill up with great buds anyway .
I just though they would stay small in the gallon pots. I'm also limited on space. I always grew only 1-2 plants and now 3. But the way they grew so fast. I was like holy shit whats going on. And all 3 of them. lolol

hermit186

hermit186

They are stretching for the light. More light or bring it closer.
Take the ruler and replace with your hand. Put your hand between the plants and light if hand gets warm or you want to move it, move light up.
They have a hormone problem this is a possibility you adding thing that will stretch them.
Led's can be part of it they tend to stretch out more than hid.
To me they look hungry the green should be darker.
If you have a way introduce a florescent or cfl light put in in the dark and be there when it comes on if your problem is light they will turn toward it coming out of the droop. If is a spectrum problem the next morning a lot of Fan leafs will be reaching for it has taken 2 or 3 days.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

They are stretching for the light. More light or bring it closer.
Take the ruler and replace with your hand. Put your hand between the plants and light if hand gets warm or you want to move it, move light up.
They have a hormone problem this is a possibility you adding thing that will stretch them.
Led's can be part of it they tend to stretch out more than hid.
To me they look hungry the green should be darker.
If you have a way introduce a florescent or cfl light put in in the dark and be there when it comes on if your problem is light they will turn toward it coming out of the droop. If is a spectrum problem the next morning a lot of Fan leafs will be reaching for it has taken 2 or 3 days.
I put my arm under the light and its not hot. Maybe I should put my lights closer, but I had them 18 inches from the tops. I haven't added anything to them. I'm going organic and have not given them nutes. My ph of the water is 6.0 to 6.5. The temp in the closet is 75 and the humidity is 60. On the runoff of the water the ph is about the same. I've use this light on other plants and no problems, but those were in 2 gallon pots. I tried 1 gallon pots to see if it would keep the plants short, but oops there it is!!! lolol

CUSTOM

CUSTOM

FOUND on the web....

If in doubt, keep LEDs further away - It's very common for cannabis growers to believe that as long as the temperature is under control they can keep LED grow lights as close as they want. Unfortunately this is not true. Although LED grow lights run cool, the LEDs available today give off an intense amount of light which is great for yields, but can give your plants light burn if kept too close.

The reason this can be such a problem with LEDs is it can take a few weeks before your plant really starts to show symptoms. Usually the upper leaves are affected first (yellowing or turning brown or spots) by too-close LEDs, but symptoms can also affect other parts of the plant.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

FOUND on the web....

If in doubt, keep LEDs further away - It's very common for cannabis growers to believe that as long as the temperature is under control they can keep LED grow lights as close as they want. Unfortunately this is not true. Although LED grow lights run cool, the LEDs available today give off an intense amount of light which is great for yields, but can give your plants light burn if kept too close.

The reason this can be such a problem with LEDs is it can take a few weeks before your plant really starts to show symptoms. Usually the upper leaves are affected first (yellowing or turning brown or spots) by too-close LEDs, but symptoms can also affect other parts of the plant.
Appreciate it @CUSTOM.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

U either had the light way to high or your light is not living up to its claim to fame...
Yo bro how are ya doing? I looked up a few sites and they say on autos that either a 600 watt or 800 watt led should be 24 to 36 inches above the tops. Then they say when flowering it should be 18 to 20 inches above the tops. Go figure.. All I know is that my plants are 3 ft. tall at 30 days and thin. But they are strong. I have 3 fans in there and they handle it. The plants look nice and healthy.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yo bro how are ya doing? I looked up a few sites and they say on autos that either a 600 watt or 800 watt led should be 24 to 36 inches above the tops. Then they say when flowering it should be 18 to 20 inches above the tops. Go figure.. All I know is that my plants are 3 ft. tall at 30 days and thin. But they are strong. I have 3 fans in there and they handle it. The plants look nice and healthy.
If you were a little more experience I would say super crop them. Just have to ride them out now. Next time you can also pinch the stem towards the top to force lower branching. ..

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

How much did it cost? Never heard of it..
Got it off of Ebay, the cost was like $125.00. Came out of Calli. Its one of those chinese ones. Used it on 4-5 plants. This is the first time I have ever had plants like these. Most of the time they are short and bushy.

Top Bottom