Why do my girls curl

• Thread starter KingBvM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The vermiculite holds water but also provides good drainage when combined with soil it can lead to holding on to to much water but a lot of that depends on the environment. In warmer environments it may be more beneficial and cooler it may be negatively impacted.

Again...Overwatering is not to much water... It's lack of oxygen. This is why we can grow plants with the roots completely submerged in water. In coco Perlite they air holding capacity and exchange is very high... It's very very hard to overwater and with a mix of 50/50 coco perlite its virtually impossible

KingBvM

KingBvM

I got her to fill in the width of the 4x8 @Aqua Man @boomgagem
Neem for mildew is a bad idea..
The heavy hitter for PM is sulphur and you cant use it within 3 weeks of a neem application. And neem will not stop PM.

How do you suggest I use the Sulphur I have I attempted to burn it and it didn’t work

KingBvM

KingBvM

30D1DDD5 4231 49E3 A4E9 2CFA9AB90C2E
9E83FE5A 7F09 4429 BD9C A3C35F6EF49F
CF5FCD70 E305 4B5B AACA 30B42BEDFC44
A8EACF2B 4853 444F 8A62 CAF7B113877C
935FA9A5 07A5 45F4 B476 8EB04BA9B592
D4B52B05 DDD7 41F7 8F24 53FEDD08038D
8A179352 1039 402B B5FF 10F1A1AE91C1
60E6814C 991D 4D41 B97F BA1B0C38076D
935FA9A5 07A5 45F4 B476 8EB04BA9B592

This is what she looks like now. The width of the tent has been reached. I don’t have enough light for the length of the tent, I my going to let her stretch up now. I’ll start the preflower process now. Just a red light spectrum for 14/10 off over the next 2-3 weeks. Then 48hrs of darkness then 12/12 for bloom and I’m going to drop the temp to 68 night and 75 day.

777F2985 52E3 4768 A88D D721F315C314
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How do you suggest I use the Sulphur I have I attempted to burn it and it didn’t work
@Dirtbag can you help him on this? I'm clueless

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1020399View attachment 1020400View attachment 1020401View attachment 1020402View attachment 1020404View attachment 1020403View attachment 1020405View attachment 1020406View attachment 1020404
This is what she looks like now. The width of the tent has been reached. I don’t have enough light for the length of the tent, I my going to let her stretch up now. I’ll start the preflower process now. Just a red light spectrum for 14/10 off over the next 2-3 weeks. Then 48hrs of darkness then 12/12 for bloom and I’m going to drop the temp to 68 night and 75 day.
Imo I would run the lights on full all switches on. The higher the amount of photons you can get to the plant will make far more difference than the spectrum in your situation. At least that's my opinion.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Is your sulphur burner homemade or store bought? It has to heat it to somewhat specific temp to vaporize properly. How did you attempt the burn?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes it is home made watched a YouTube video but it doesn't work.
Ahh, yeah they can be a bit tricky to tune so they work correctly. What did you use for a heat source? And were you using elemental sulphur pellets designed for a burner or just off the shelf powdered sulphur? I made mine with a 100w ceramic reptile heat lamp inside a tin can, but I also used a FLIR thermal imaging camera to dial in the distance for the sulphur cup so the molten sulphur pool was the right temp to vaporize quite heavily without burning it.
They arent cheap to buy, but the store bought ones work really well.

KingBvM

KingBvM

Ahh, yeah they can be a bit tricky to tune so they work correctly. What did you use for a heat source? And were you using elemental sulphur pellets designed for a burner or just off the shelf powdered sulphur? I made mine with a 100w ceramic reptile heat lamp inside a tin can, but I also used a FLIR thermal imaging camera to dial in the distance for the sulphur cup so the molten sulphur pool was the right temp to vaporize quite heavily without burning it.
They arent cheap to buy, but the store bought ones work really well.

I have a 80 watt ceramic reptile bulb and I rigged one some cans and some brackets I had l. I get a molten pool and a super strong smell but the PM didn't go away. It didn't get worse either. I used a sample of some green clean I got from this hydro store and that he's cleared it up but not all the way. What is the temp I have to get the liquid? I'll invest in a thermo imaging camera if I can get rid of PM.

KingBvM

KingBvM

Imo I would run the lights on full all switches on. The higher the amount of photons you can get to the plant will make far more difference than the spectrum in your situation. At least that's my opinion.

I was under the impression that red spectrums make the plants stretch in combination of shorter days. From 20 hours to 14. If change the time will she still preflower without the red spectrum?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a 80 watt ceramic reptile bulb and I rigged one some cans and some brackets I had l. I get a molten pool and a super strong smell but the PM didn't go away. It didn't get worse either. I used a sample of some green clean I got from this hydro store and that he's cleared it up but not all the way. What is the temp I have to get the liquid? I'll invest in a thermo imaging camera if I can get rid of PM.

You dont need a FLIR, they're crazy expensive. But the ideal temp is around 140 celcius, mine runs about 145-150c or so by the end of the burn. Sounds like yours might have been working fine. It wont get rid of PM if you already have it, it just prevents it from happening in the first place and will stop it from spreading if you use the burner once every 5-6 days or so. If you already have PM, you need to very carefully remove all the infected leaves, if in Veg I'd hose it down with wettable powdered sulphur after removing all the infected tissue, then burn sulphur at least once every couple days for a week, then once every 5 days or so to prevent re-emergence.
It's also important to use sulphur pellets designed for burners and NOT the wettable powder you can buy at garden stores.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was under the impression that red spectrums make the plants stretch in combination of shorter days. From 20 hours to 14. If change the time will she still preflower without the red spectrum?
Keep all the spectrums on

KingBvM

KingBvM

You dont need a FLIR, they're crazy expensive. But the ideal temp is around 140 celcius, mine runs about 145-150c or so by the end of the burn. Sounds like yours might have been working fine. It wont get rid of PM if you already have it, it just prevents it from happening in the first place and will stop it from spreading if you use the burner once every 5-6 days or so. If you already have PM, you need to very carefully remove all the infected leaves, if in Veg I'd hose it down with wettable powdered sulphur after removing all the infected tissue, then burn sulphur at least once every couple days for a week, then once every 5 days or so to prevent re-emergence.
It's also important to use sulphur pellets designed for burners and NOT the wettable powder you can buy at garden stores.
I have sulphur pellets but I will get sulphur powder to drench the leaves cause im.not feeling the green clean. Im in veg not flipping until a the pm has been gone for at least a week. Once remove the leaves I will bleach and clean the tent then sulphar rinse and burn the sulpher. Thank a lot!

Top Bottom